ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM!
Dec 17, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #1,231 of 1,234
I moved on but I still have mine. Can't vouch for any of the above but I have a pair of 64audio Nios and an ier-z1r and whilst these are not twice as good (for being twice the price) they are a good step up.

My emotions have been relegated.

thanks for your input but I have no interest for IEMs beyond that price point. If there are any other information relevant to my question which someone could answer, it would help!

Feb 5, 2021 at 12:16 AM Post #1,232 of 1,234
So I took the leap and treated myself with the Ambient Emotion, 2pin option from 1of1 Custom during the past BF sale. I use to have the Emotion Universal iems and they tickled in all the right places. Despite the sparse information and impressions with the Ambient feature, I took a risk as I wanted something that I could hear someone talking without taking out the custom molded pieces. I admit I was hesitant at first because I assumed the trade off with ambience is reduction of bass impact and a little loss of clarity and details in the mids and highs as I found this being the case with two ambient iem products from different brands.

Being a veteran of ciems (owned/sold 9), I'm use to waiting around 2-6 weeks for delivery and this was no different. I received my order a little after the 4th week. I do own my impressions, so even with the silicone shell, I was confident fit wouldn't be an issue. Sure enough I was right, but the sound was wrong. Rewind a little bit before I played any tunes, I tested the ambient feature and I was delighted that the ACS Ambient tech worked as described. I was able to clearly hear my surrounding at a lower decibel level. Once, I pressed play on my LG G6, I was taken away with the smooth details, bass, and vast 3D sound stage. I was smitten beyond belief...that lasted about seven seconds.

The right side was cutting out and I immediately noticed the left biased imaging and sound stage. The polarity was reversed on the left side. I reversed the 2pin connector on my custom cable and sure enough, the imaging and sound stage was now equally balanced and I was in audio nirvana. 1of1 customer service is pretty good. I was provided a return shipping label two days after my communication. Sure, I was disappointed and a little annoyed, but this isn't the first time a ciem was delivered defective. In my experience, issues seem to be most prominent during major sales and holidays, so I wasn't terribly surprised of receiving a flawed product the first time around.

Fast forward 4 weeks after 1of1 received the package, I received my fixed Emotions today. Right side is fixed, yay. Pressed play on my DAP and the reverse polarity issue on the left side remains. Damn! All that needed to be done was to reverse the female 2pin housing in the left side mold, or if that couldn't be done, swap the driver wires that's soldered to the 2pins inside the housing. During the short songs in which I temporarily reversed the pins on my cable and despite slight discomfort from the ear loop facing the opposite direction, I was in audio bliss. With the music playing, I could hear my dog barking at the post man. When I pressed pause, I had a conversation with my spouse and could clearly hear every word from her. In those short moments, the $1.3K Ambient Emotions ticked all my expectations.

In sure I'll hear back from 1of1 Custom tomorrow sometime about the defect and return process in this round three. Perhaps after another 4 weeks, the third time is a charm. I sure hope it is. If it goes beyond that, I might be inclined to take a huge loss and sell the thing to a member/buyer where reshell service is still an option.

ACS/1of1 Custom has made an outstanding product with impressive tech in the Ambient Emotion. Its namesake really does embody the emotional experience of top level sound when there aren't issues.

I'll post back once I've received the third round...

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2021 at 1:20 PM Post #1,234 of 1,234
So I took the leap and treated myself with the Ambient Emotion, 2pin option from 1of1 Custom during the past BF sale. I use to have the Emotion Universal iems and they tickled in all the right places. Despite the sparse information and impressions with the Ambient feature, I took a risk as I wanted something that I could hear someone talking without taking out the custom molded pieces. I admit I was hesitant at first because I assumed the trade off with ambience is reduction of bass impact and a little loss of clarity and details in the mids and highs as I found this being the case with two ambient iem products from different brands.

Being a veteran of ciems (owned/sold 9), I'm use to waiting around 2-6 weeks for delivery and this was no different. I received my order a little after the 4th week. I do own my impressions, so even with the silicone shell, I was confident fit wouldn't be an issue. Sure enough I was right, but the sound was wrong. Rewind a little bit before I played any tunes, I tested the ambient feature and I was delighted that the ACS Ambient tech worked as described. I was able to clearly hear my surrounding at a lower decibel level. Once, I pressed play on my LG G6, I was taken away with the smooth details, bass, and vast 3D sound stage. I was smitten beyond belief...that lasted about seven seconds.

The right side was cutting out and I immediately noticed the left biased imaging and sound stage. The polarity was reversed on the left side. I reversed the 2pin connector on my custom cable and sure enough, the imaging and sound stage was now equally balanced and I was in audio nirvana. 1of1 customer service is pretty good. I was provided a return shipping label two days after my communication. Sure, I was disappointed and a little annoyed, but this isn't the first time a ciem was delivered defective. In my experience, issues seem to be most prominent during major sales and holidays, so I wasn't terribly surprised of receiving a flawed product the first time around.

Fast forward 4 weeks after 1of1 received the package, I received my fixed Emotions today. Right side is fixed, yay. Pressed play on my DAP and the reverse polarity issue on the left side remains. Damn! All that needed to be done was to reverse the female 2pin housing in the left side mold, or if that couldn't be done, swap the driver wires that's soldered to the 2pins inside the housing. During the short songs in which I temporarily reversed the pins on my cable and despite slight discomfort from the ear loop facing the opposite direction, I was in audio bliss. With the music playing, I could hear my dog barking at the post man. When I pressed pause, I had a conversation with my spouse and could clearly hear every word from her. In those short moments, the $1.3K Ambient Emotions ticked all my expectations.

In sure I'll hear back from 1of1 Custom tomorrow sometime about the defect and return process in this round three. Perhaps after another 4 weeks, the third time is a charm. I sure hope it is. If it goes beyond that, I might be inclined to take a huge loss and sell the thing to a member/buyer where reshell service is still an option.

ACS/1of1 Custom has made an outstanding product with impressive tech in the Ambient Emotion. Its namesake really does embody the emotional experience of top level sound when there aren't issues.

I'll post back once I've received the third round...

From my experience ACS customer service has been explarary so fingers crossed this will be resolved to your satisfaction...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back