Acoustune Impressions thread
Jan 27, 2020 at 7:33 AM Post #62 of 805
Hi everybody.
Does anybody used any custom cable for Acoustune? I mean Brise, Labkable or other.
Does any positive changes were notcied??
I plan to do MMCX to 2-pin mod coz have no mmcx and dont want to re-rerminate it.

Thank you in advance.
Kind regards.
Vlad

Jan 27, 2020 at 7:53 AM Post #63 of 805
Hi everybody.
Does anybody used any custom cable for Acoustune? I mean Brise, Labkable or other.
I plan to do MMCX to 2-pin mod coz have no mmcx and dont want to re-rerminate it.

Thank you in advance.
Kind regards.
Vlad
Unfortunately the 1695 TI has a connector from Pentaconn. I've spoken to Eletech to see if they can procure one so I can get something custom for it

Jan 27, 2020 at 7:57 AM Post #64 of 805
Hi everybody.

Thank you in advance.
Kind regards.
Vlad
Hi.... i have experienced acoustune iems with other cables like Labkable , alo ref 8 and a few others
no big improvements were found in my experience , it does feel different when plugged with labkable pandora cable but not enough to justify the price tag
by the way , it sounds a bit odd when paired with alo cables ....

Jan 27, 2020 at 7:59 AM Post #65 of 805
20190105_014030.jpg
Another acoustune 2pin mod.

Jan 27, 2020 at 8:04 AM Post #66 of 805
Hi everybody.

Thank you in advance.
Kind regards.
Vlad

I use my 1650 with an ALO SuperLitz. Have to say, no noticeable difference in SQ, so the only reason I use it is to use the 4.4mm balanced output on my N6ii. I think Acoustune cables are sufficiently high end not to really "need" an upgrade, so any cable rolling is purely a preference or convenience thing for me.

Jan 27, 2020 at 8:04 AM Post #67 of 805
Thank you very much.
whiiiiiich means - no much improvement in sound if I'll do 2-pin mode or change the cable.
The target was - to improve the sound with good cable if possible.
Have a great day and music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 3, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #68 of 805
Hi everyone, I am ready to pull the trigger for one of these jewel. I need advices, though. Coming from Final E5000, I am looking from punchy bass, but with good presence and flesh in the mids and, very important, not too hot treble.

I was considering the 1650CU, but now also the 1655 and the totl 1695. Budget is not a problem, just sound matters.

Thanks a lot for your insightful advices.

Feb 3, 2020 at 4:20 PM Post #69 of 805
Hi everyone, I am ready to pull the trigger for one of these jewel. I need advices, though. Coming from Final E5000, I am looking from punchy bass, but with good presence and flesh in the mids and, very important, not too hot treble.

I was considering the 1650CU, but now also the 1655 and the totl 1695. Budget is not a problem, just sound matters.

There’s no Acoustune I can recommend as heavily as the 1695TI. I really didn’t like most others in the lineup, incredibly balanced and coherent

Feb 3, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #70 of 805
There’s no Acoustune I can recommend as heavily as the 1695TI. I really didn’t like most others in the lineup, incredibly balanced and coherent
Also based on my specific criterias? And knowing I am a bit treble sensitive?

Feb 3, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #71 of 805
I think it’s the acoustune with the smoothest upper mids/treble personally. The bass is wonderful, excellent slam and decay without being overpowering.
It does have rather forward upper mids but the rest of the lineup has really really harsh treble imo

Feb 3, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #72 of 805
I think it’s the acoustune with the smoothest upper mids/treble personally. The bass is wonderful, excellent slam and decay without being overpowering.
It does have rather forward upper mids but the rest of the lineup has really really harsh treble imo
That was really insightful, thank you

Feb 3, 2020 at 11:09 PM Post #73 of 805
If you want a slight upgrade for 1650CU.
You can try getting some Acoustune tips of the same model you are using.
I found the black ones included with my IEM has longer stem than those I bought separately.
It will affect the clarity a bit.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #74 of 805

go for the 95

I love my 1650 too but 95 is more refined/balanced imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back