Acoustune Impressions thread
Feb 11, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #76 of 805
I think it’s the acoustune with the smoothest upper mids/treble personally. The bass is wonderful, excellent slam and decay without being overpowering.
It does have rather forward upper mids but the rest of the lineup has really really harsh treble imo

Yeah I think the golden Acoustune (1695 TI) has smoother treble for sure and my bass-heavy music sounds fantastic with it. With acoustic and string music though, I prefer the white HS1655CU as I got to try it recently. It might be my subjective feeling but I find the sparking treble and airiness are a little more prominent in other models besides the flagship 1695. I think they are tuned all very differently so it really depends on what you are looking for in your music. I personally am planning to pull the trigger on the HS1655CU since I think that one's tuning is more aligned with my taste.

Feb 14, 2020 at 8:49 AM Post #77 of 805
Ok so in a strange turn of event, somebody is offering me a very good deal on the former model HS1551CU for a very good price. So good that I think it's not too costly to enlist such a great-looking IEM to my collection. Can anyone who has spent an extensive amount of time with the HS1551CU provided me with some comparisons to the new model? I tried the 1655 and really liked it, but never had a chance to listen to the 1551CU (though I admit I am a sucker for the red gold combination). Should I hold out a few hundred dollars more for the newest lineup or the 1551CU worth it at half its normal price? #dilemma

Feb 14, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #78 of 805
Ok so in a strange turn of event, somebody is offering me a very good deal on the former model HS1551CU for a very good price. So good that I think it's not too costly to enlist such a great-looking IEM to my collection. Can anyone who has spent an extensive amount of time with the HS1551CU provided me with some comparisons to the new model? I tried the 1655 and really liked it, but never had a chance to listen to the 1551CU (though I admit I am a sucker for the red gold combination). Should I hold out a few hundred dollars more for the newest lineup or the 1551CU worth it at half its normal price? #dilemma
I can only compare 1551CU with HS1670 , 1551 is very smooth and bodied with a touch of warmth , although some will debate it's not warmth but coloration/haziness whatsoever . It has deep reaching , impactful bass and a pretty lush sound that makes it easy to enjoy . 1670 on the other hand has a cleaner , more transparent sound with faster , more accurate bass , i believe it shares a lot of characteristics with final a8000 albeit a8000 is more complete .

I think 1551 for half MSRP is a good deal .

Feb 16, 2020 at 12:06 AM Post #79 of 805
I can only compare 1551CU with HS1670 , 1551 is very smooth and bodied with a touch of warmth , although some will debate it's not warmth but coloration/haziness whatsoever . It has deep reaching , impactful bass and a pretty lush sound that makes it easy to enjoy . 1670 on the other hand has a cleaner , more transparent sound with faster , more accurate bass , i believe it shares a lot of characteristics with final a8000 albeit a8000 is more complete .

I think 1551 for half MSRP is a good deal .

I pulled the trigger and you are right it's too good for half MSRP price. The guy who sold it to be bought it blind and didn't like it, which benefitted people like me looking for a pair of Acoustune. Very happy about it thus far!
20200216_130405.jpg

Feb 16, 2020 at 1:55 AM Post #80 of 805
I pulled the trigger and you are right it's too good for half MSRP price. The guy who sold it to be bought it blind and didn't like it, which benefitted people like me looking for a pair of Acoustune. Very happy about it thus far!
20200216_130405.jpg
haha , i mglad you liked it !!! , i like it as well .
If you don't mind may i ask you where did you buy it from? and are you based in asia ^^? I may want to buy another 1551 .

Feb 16, 2020 at 3:11 AM Post #81 of 805
haha , i mglad you liked it !!! , i like it as well .
If you don't mind may i ask you where did you buy it from? and are you based in asia ^^? I may want to buy another 1551 .

I am quite lucky to get this local second-hand deal in Singapore. I find Acoustune stuff generally quite expensive here (more so than in Hong Kong or other dealers in North America, not sure why). That's why I have been waiting for someone to sell it for their upgrade and then buy it. I think accessoryjacks price is quite good too, but I hate to wait for international shipment and dealing with customs.

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:11 PM Post #82 of 805
HS1695TI sure sounds good.
Compare with my HS1650CU it's on another level.

20200219_100540.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #86 of 805
There’s no comparison, acoustune FTW
In what way are the acoustune better? I'm more interested in vocals and technicalities above everything else and the fdx1 really shines in those areas. Initially I had a bad pair of the fdx1 then my replacement pair sounded way better but I am just curious as to how these stack up against more expensive offerings.

Feb 25, 2020 at 10:53 PM Post #87 of 805
Can anyone compare the sound differences between the1655 and 1650?
I have not hear 1655 but from what I read they are the same thing.
What's the difference is the PentaconnEar connectors which gives the sound difference due to lower impedance.
PentaconnEar plug makes the IEM needs lesser power to drive.

My HS1695TI is able to run at a lower volume than my HS1650CU

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2020 at 12:05 AM Post #89 of 805
I have not hear 1655 but from what I read they are the same thing.
What's the difference is the PentaconnEar connectors which gives the sound difference due to lower impedance.
PentaconnEar plug makes the IEM needs lesser power to drive.

My HS1695TI is able to run at a lower volume than my HS1650CU

I see. Definitely interested in the 1695 apart from the price lol

Feb 26, 2020 at 9:16 AM Post #90 of 805
I see. Definitely interested in the 1695 apart from the price lol
My 1650 had some problem so it has been sent for repair.
Then I tried 1695. And bought it. It has less bass than 1650 but for some of my songs I felt the lows overpower the vocal a little. But I still love it. Compared to 1695, 1650 highs and details are not as good.

From what I watch YouTube videos. 1 of the hk youtube channel says the PentaconnEar connector gave about 40% difference in sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back