Acoustune Impressions thread
Aug 13, 2019 at 7:16 AM Post #16 of 805
See the more you describe it the more it sounds like just my cup of tea. I have a feeling I’m going to be completely disappointed after demoing it and being unable to purchase it. Damn these limited edition memes.

Aug 13, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #18 of 805
The 1695s sounded like 1670 but with more treble energy, giving the sound even more detail, crispiness, sparkle, whatever you wanna call it.
But I found it too much on certain songs, almost to the level of the 1650s. It did sound more refined but sometimes overly so.
This is my impression as well. on certain cymbal heavy songs, the treble presence is just too much - and verging on annoyance.

I’ve been waiting for the 1695tis to be released before pulling the trigger on the acoustunes, I was planning on getting the 1670s, after auditioning everything in the lineup. Fully agree with your verdict on the 1670s, by far the most balanced of the rest. Still gonna wait to demo the 1695s if I can get a chance, though considering it’s limited edition-ness, I’ll be unlikely to get a pair even if I did like them.
After trying th 1695ti I've finally bitten the bullet and gotten myself a pair of 1670s. Loving it so far and will post pictures / review.

Aug 14, 2019 at 1:26 AM Post #20 of 805
Great choice! I was undecided between the 1655 and 1670. I thought they were both very similar. But I gave the edge to the 1670.
Happy listening
You won’t regret it, they are so enjoyable, instrument separation and soundstage are outstanding

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2019 at 1:57 AM Post #21 of 805
At least you're from a Singapore thus have a possibility to demo them :)

That's true haha, I suppose I shouldn't complain too much, though, complaining is the national past time here. What are ya gonna do hahah.

This is my impression as well. on certain cymbal heavy songs, the treble presence is just too much - and verging on annoyance.

After trying th 1695ti I've finally bitten the bullet and gotten myself a pair of 1670s. Loving it so far and will post pictures / review.

Great, looking forward to the review!

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2019 at 3:17 AM Post #22 of 805
Just found out that Zepp in SG has the 1655 coming in for demo today, hopefully the 1695ti will be following.

Aug 19, 2019 at 5:32 AM Post #24 of 805
Just found out that Zepp in SG has the 1655 coming in for demo today, hopefully the 1695ti will be following.

Finally got a chance to go down last Saturday. Unfortunately, there was a long queue, so I was only able to listen to the 1695s. Basically parroting what's been said before. Less bassy compared to the 1670ss, but bass still very impactful. Very energetic pair of IEMs. On the treble side, definitely more than on the 1670ss, so I understand why some would find it too harsh or shrill. Listening to "Total Eclipse of the Heart" was actually a bit painful. However, I wasn't unable to reproduce that kind of treble response with any of the songs that I usually listen to, and considering I preferred the tone of the 1695 to the 1670, I ended up putting down the deposit for the 1695 preorder, clearly I'm a little bit treble insensitive. Super IEMs though. I'm hoping to give the 1655cu a try when I go collect the 1695, should be ready in about a week or 2.

Aug 19, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #25 of 805
Finally got a chance to go down last Saturday. Unfortunately, there was a long queue, so I was only able to listen to the 1695s. Basically parroting what's been said before. Less bassy compared to the 1670ss, but bass still very impactful. Very energetic pair of IEMs. On the treble side, definitely more than on the 1670ss, so I understand why some would find it too harsh or shrill. Listening to "Total Eclipse of the Heart" was actually a bit painful. However, I wasn't unable to reproduce that kind of treble response with any of the songs that I usually listen to, and considering I preferred the tone of the 1695 to the 1670, I ended up putting down the deposit for the 1695 preorder, clearly I'm a little bit treble insensitive. Super IEMs though. I'm hoping to give the 1655cu a try when I go collect the 1695, should be ready in about a week or 2.
So funny, i used to wear the dm6 everyday and though they weren’t that harsh, nowadays I cant stand em, I’ve been becoming treble sensible lately, even find my self taming treble in the balance 7, which are not harsh at all, the 1670 are the right spot for me

I would love to hear your impressions on em. Do you think detail retrieval is higher due to the higher treble levels? IMO the 1670 are most accurately in the tunning of the hd800s, with more bass, though really balanced and linear, I love how the soundstage feels a bit cavernous at times, sort of like being in a concert hall with the right acoustic conditions for reverb to feel balanced and natural

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2019 at 11:26 PM Post #26 of 805
So funny, i used to wear the dm6 everyday and though they weren’t that harsh, nowadays I cant stand em, I’ve been becoming treble sensible lately, even find my self taming treble in the balance 7, which are not harsh at all, the 1670 are the right spot for me

I would love to hear your impressions on em. Do you think detail retrieval is higher due to the higher treble levels? IMO the 1670 are most accurately in the tunning of the hd800s, with more bass, though really balanced and linear, I love how the soundstage feels a bit cavernous at times, sort of like being in a concert hall with the right acoustic conditions for reverb to feel balanced and natural

From my brief time with the demo set, I do think the detail retrieval is better. The soundstage still maintains that cavernous quality you mention, listening to "Way Down We Go" by Kaleo was amazing, the vocals are in a sweet spot with the IEMs, and the echoes off the walls of the room in the recording really sounded very natural. Once I get my hands on them and can listen to them in the comfort of my home, I'll be able to give you more accurate impressions.

Ugh the wait though, I'm so impatient.

Aug 21, 2019 at 1:18 AM Post #27 of 805
I also forgot to drop in a picture of the goods, take a look and bask in all that GOLD

jCSf3qx.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2019 at 2:52 AM Post #28 of 805
I also forgot to drop in a picture of the goods, take a look and bask in all that GOLD

jCSf3qx.jpg
It's a really nice piece. I don't like a gold color IEMs overall however, 1695Ti are somehow very good looking. It's good to go all-in if the housing is gold, let's make a gold cable as well :)

I'm looking forward to reading your first thoughts and maybe a brief review after some burn-in. Enjoy the purchase!

Aug 26, 2019 at 6:50 AM Post #29 of 805

... Congrats to u. The peaky treble some quarters are mentioning, 1 in a 100 ++ albums occur, per my playing time. Don't give in, it gets better, sweeter, more realistic, holographic [depends on ur DAP] past the 150 hours of aging [burn-in] ...

upload_2019-8-26_14-48-1.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back