Acoustic Research M20 Coming soon
Dec 11, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #466 of 552
@crabdog you were right 1.60bt is amazing really really good sound.Very happy with the AR M20.

Question do you know if it is possible to install the amazon prime music app or am i restricted to just spotify tiadl etc.
I have tried to do apk file but just says parsing error and i have Amazon underground app installed?

cheers
I never had much luck with the Amazon Underground thing. After the 1.6 update I didn't bother reinstalling it. Have you tried installing the Amazon Music APK directly?

Feb 25, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #468 of 552
help. i just purchased ar m20 brand new and noticed some issues. maybe im doing something wrong

1. i hear hiss and static noises when i move around the menu and when i listen to music. its predominant with sensitive iem like dm6 (I can't use it with this player.. i hear too much noise)

2. spotify seems to work but when i close the app. i lose all sound to my player and i have to reboot it to get it back. if i keep it open and switch between ar pro amd spotify the sound somehow decreases a lot .

this dap sounds pretty good but has quirks i hope someone can help me. or is my player defective

ive upgraded to 1.6

@AR-Voice. wondering if you can chime in

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #469 of 552
Heard the M2 (with Fiio FH5 IEM) today and really liked it.

Is the SQ of the M20 equally good? Do you think M20 is still a good buy? I do not Stream nor do i use BT. I just want to listen to my ripped CDs... .

Mar 2, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #470 of 552
Heard the M2 (with Fiio FH5 IEM) today and really liked it.

Is the SQ of the M20 equally good? Do you think M20 is still a good buy? I do not Stream nor do i use BT. I just want to listen to my ripped CDs... .
I haven't heard the M2 but I know it has more output power than the M20. The M20 is very nice as a pure music player, as long as you don't need a balanced output.

I find the Bluetooth signal to be much weaker than my phone but the WiFi works great - I use it with Spotify but since you don't stream that's a moot point.

Mar 2, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #471 of 552
I haven't heard the M2 but I know it has more output power than the M20. The M20 is very nice as a pure music player, as long as you don't need a balanced output.

I find the Bluetooth signal to be much weaker than my phone but the WiFi works great - I use it with Spotify but since you don't stream that's a moot point.

Thanks for the answer!

Do you know any other DAPs that shares the same Sound Sig? I have a Pono Player and i think they are very close in Sound Sig. Fiio, Ibasso, AK, Shanling are not my Cup of Tea... .

Mar 2, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #472 of 552
Thanks for the answer!

Do you know any other DAPs that shares the same Sound Sig? I have a Pono Player and i think they are very close in Sound Sig. Fiio, Ibasso, AK, Shanling are not my Cup of Tea... .
Wow, you just knocked out most of the major players haha. I can't think of another DAP I've heard that sounds specifically like the M20. Have you considered the Sony NW-ZX300? That is a great device. Depending on how crazy you want to get, the Soundaware M2Pro sounds ridiculously good but it will set you back around 1k.

Apr 15, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #479 of 552
156 sold on massdrop still no additional feedback on this dap?
What kind of "feedback" are you looking for? The 18ish-month-old M20 has plenty of reviews as well as first impressions, text & video, available online.

Apr 17, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #480 of 552
Reviews on pairing with different hps. I was part of the last massdrop batch. My mom who is from the US got it last april 8. Waiting paitiently for my aunt to hand it over to me when we see each other here in Manila.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back