Acoustic Research M20 Coming soon
May 9, 2019 at 10:19 PM Post #496 of 553
mine came with screen protector but didn't really use it either. I've gotten used to it without anything.[/QUOTE

thanks for the heads-up. i checked the box and found the screen protector. i didn't realize it came with one.
what size microsd are you using? the spec say it will work with card to 200gb. i am wondering if it would work with a 256?

May 10, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #502 of 553
Samsung 256gb card works fine using one in mine.

May 14, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #504 of 553
Last edited:
Jun 8, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #506 of 553
Received the m20 from Drop yesterday.
In bed last night, listening to music and scrolling thru screens via AR music player pro. Sudden split second, max volume static burst. Absolutely deafening. I tore my iems out but too late. Hurts like a so-and-so. Actually fearful now of accessing dap options while playing music. And yes, pops clicks, sudden volume variability (as previously noted) all occur when changing songs. Hey, but the screen is nice, and sounds good!?!

Jun 8, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #507 of 553
Received the m20 from Drop yesterday.
In bed last night, listening to music and scrolling thru screens via AR music player pro. Sudden split second, max volume static burst. Absolutely deafening. I tore my iems out but too late. Hurts like a so-and-so. Actually fearful now of accessing dap options while playing music. And yes, pops clicks, sudden volume variability (as previously noted) all occur when changing songs. Hey, but the screen is nice, and sounds good!?!
I have experienced that volume blast a couple of times. Really nasty and one of the reasons I rarely use that DAP now. AR firmware support is not great so I'm not expecting a fix anytime soon.

Jun 8, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #508 of 553
I think it's time to take the "coming soon" part out of the thread title.

Jun 8, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #509 of 553
I have experienced that volume blast a couple of times. Really nasty and one of the reasons I rarely use that DAP now. AR firmware support is not great so I'm not expecting a fix anytime soon.

Ugh. I was hoping it was a one off.
I switched to the non-pro music player hoping to safeguard. The pro looks better, better EQ?, but seems to function less reliably also.
Definitely a different sound profile than my M9.
I read the thread. It’s weird how involved the AR rep was then silence. Do they even make daps anymore? I just see some weird outdoor lantern-looking speakers on website.

Jun 8, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #510 of 553

I to have the Volume issue it is very concerning I thought it was just that mine was a one that was faulty but looks like a common issue on this Dap.
I told Acoustic Research as it could potentually cause hear damage, they asked for £180 just to look at it so i told them thats day light robbery.
You can buy a new one for £200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back