Acoustic Research M20 Coming soon
Jun 30, 2018 at 7:50 AM Post #452 of 552
Just got 2nd hand AR-m20 and I did factory reset. Then, I do not see anything else other than 3 apps on screen (AR stock music app, clock and Settings).
Is this normal? I am not sure how to install 3rd party app such as Hiby Music as well as Spotify. :frowning2:

I thought that i lost firmware so I downloaded the latest firmware and transferred it onto Internal SD but I could not install update because it says, "There is no tools to pick files." when I try to locate the file by going through Settings > About devices > System Update > Local updates.

Can anyone help me on this, PLEASE?

Jun 30, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #453 of 552
Just got 2nd hand AR-m20 and I did factory reset. Then, I do not see anything else other than 3 apps on screen (AR stock music app, clock and Settings).
Is this normal? I am not sure how to install 3rd party app such as Hiby Music as well as Spotify. :frowning2:

I thought that i lost firmware so I downloaded the latest firmware and transferred it onto Internal SD but I could not install update because it says, "There is no tools to pick files." when I try to locate the file by going through Settings > About devices > System Update > Local updates.

Can anyone help me on this, PLEASE?
Did you unzip the firmware onto the SD card?\

Jun 30, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #457 of 552
@Decommo I don't know what else to suggest. Unless you're missing a step in the guide somewhere.

Do you have more than 1GB space free on internal storage?
Did you disconnect the player from the PC before starting the upgrade?
Have you tried removing the sd card?

Jun 30, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #458 of 552
@Decommo I don't know what else to suggest. Unless you're missing a step in the guide somewhere.

Thank you very much for your help.

Yes, internal SD storage has spare 3.4gb storage space
Yes, I disconnected from PC.
Yes, I removed external SD card.

My suspicion is that there is a tool missing to locate the file such as File Explorer hence it is not able to locate the file internally.

I sent a message on Online Support of Acoustic Research. Hope they come back to me and help me to fix this issue.

My suggestion to anyone who get this DAP is not to factory reset without back up the data first. Hard lesson learned here. :)

Jun 30, 2018 at 10:21 AM Post #459 of 552
Thank you very much for your help.

Yes, internal SD storage has spare 3.4gb storage space
Yes, I disconnected from PC.
Yes, I removed external SD card.

My suspicion is that there is a tool missing to locate the file such as File Explorer hence it is not able to locate the file internally.

I sent a message on Online Support of Acoustic Research. Hope they come back to me and help me to fix this issue.

My suggestion to anyone who get this DAP is not to factory reset without back up the data first. Hard lesson learned here. :)
There is 1 more thing that might be worth a try > backup and then delete all the files on the internal memory. Whether you only delete the music you've added or everything is up to you :)

Dec 8, 2018 at 7:36 AM Post #462 of 552
Last edited:
Dec 8, 2018 at 7:49 AM Post #463 of 552
Dec 9, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #464 of 552
Does the new 1.60 firmware still allow the am20 to have Bluetooth?
Or does Bluetooth still work with newest firmware thanks
As the the last firmware was 1.52bt or something like that.

Also has anybody got the firmwares like the last few that were done for the ar m20, they can send me via pm?

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #465 of 552
@crabdog you were right 1.60bt is amazing really really good sound.Very happy with the AR M20.

Question do you know if it is possible to install the amazon prime music app or am i restricted to just spotify tiadl etc.
I have tried to do apk file but just says parsing error and i have Amazon underground app installed?

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back