Absolute best budget earbuds?
May 5, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #1,111 of 2,999
Are you sure it is Vido? I cannot see Vido mentioned anywhere on the Earbud.
If i am not mistaken someone said they removed the brand from the pic due to copyright

May 5, 2017 at 9:35 AM Post #1,113 of 2,999
If i am not mistaken someone said they removed the brand from the pic due to copyright

Ok. This is fine then. But one question, why all of my earbuds are getting broken? Also, Vido is only 16 Ohms, will that be fine as I use PowerAmp and I somehow feel that it is the reason why my 3 earbuds are broken as they were of low impedence. But Monk+ was with 64 Ohms but its speakers are fine but mic is no longer working. Can I recable that too?.

May 5, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #1,115 of 2,999
Any info about the J and Y cable? I don't want to order and receive another J cable.

One more thing to add. In my listening I found vido to be better with modern recordings. Not that older / 70s recording sounds bad but newer one tend to sound better. With 70s rock i almost always use crossfeed in foobar with other earbud to correct the stage. Crossfeed with vido just sounds unimpressive, considering how good it is with modern recordings that doesn't need crossfeed

May 5, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #1,116 of 2,999
Any info about the J and Y cable? I don't want to order and receive another J cable.

One more thing to add. In my listening I found vido to be better with modern recordings. Not that older / 70s recording sounds bad but newer one tend to sound better. With 70s rock i almost always use crossfeed in foobar with other earbud to correct the stage. Crossfeed with vido just sounds unimpressive, considering how good it is with modern recordings that doesn't need crossfeed

My understanding with Vido is Mic version is Y and standard is J.

May 5, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #1,117 of 2,999
Got a newbie question, is the J referring to the L shaped jack which you input into your DAP or is it referring to how one earbud is longer than the other so it has to be slung around from behind ones head, as opposed to the Y shape where both earbuds split off at an equal length, or is it something else entirely.

May 5, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #1,120 of 2,999
Got a newbie question, is the J referring to the L shaped jack which you input into your DAP or is it referring to how one earbud is longer than the other so it has to be slung around from behind ones head, as opposed to the Y shape where both earbuds split off at an equal length, or is it something else entirely.
The latter (one earbud is longer than the other).

May 6, 2017 at 4:33 AM Post #1,121 of 2,999
Nice comparisons on the previous posts guys, keep them coming :)

What about Qian25 vs Vido? Qian25 is my actual budget favorite. Better than she3800, ty32, monk+ and H185.
I also own qian25. while it very good I still prefer qian39. Vido strength are bigger bass and irresistible focus in music and vocal. Like I said said I lost many count of the song that appear to be holographic. Not so much with other earbud.

It's also very effortless sounding with my meager source. I wonder how gear like idsd would sound :D

May 6, 2017 at 5:50 AM Post #1,122 of 2,999
I don't know how to do that? Any guidance? Also, what is required for that? How to open the speaker? Which and from where Cable or any other things to buy for this? Pls help.

Unfortunately there isnt a youtube video that i come across guiding this. And there are no place that teaches u how to open up a shell except for uncle @golov17 how to open a Monk shell video. The closest u can find is this.

But for starters, the SHE3800 by itself has pretty thin driver shell. U can open up by prying from the top or bottom but have to take note not to break the driver shell and also not to seperate the driver from the shell. Changing a cable with mic is also possible, but u need to get a cable with mic in the first place.

The cables can be found on AE by searching "DIY earphone cable". Personally i feel those KZ cables are good but the bad point is that its a mess when coiling up.

The next point u mention abt the poweramp which causes the damage. I wouldnt really say that is the reason. Probably physically damaged? How do u keep ur earbuds? If u dont coil them up properly and just dump them in the bag or something then that might be the case. Idk but for myself all my buds sound fine even i abuse them with the Walnut and Zishan even though they output lotsa power. Unless u are saying that u EQ a certain frequency too much then perhaps ur buds wont be able to take it.

May 6, 2017 at 6:05 AM Post #1,123 of 2,999
My understanding with Vido is Mic version is Y and standard is J.

I was afraid of that, usually, it's the opposite, or most of my J earbuds are from phones and have mics on them, that don't last too long or cuts the music when moved, I don't use them much, I have an alcatel, a zte still in "use"

May 6, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #1,125 of 2,999
Ok. This is fine then. But one question, why all of my earbuds are getting broken? Also, Vido is only 16 Ohms, will that be fine as I use PowerAmp and I somehow feel that it is the reason why my 3 earbuds are broken as they were of low impedence. But Monk+ was with 64 Ohms but its speakers are fine but mic is no longer working. Can I recable that too?.
I am playing because 5usd tester arrived.
VIDO purchased with taobao is 32 ohms.
I am interested in 16 ohm VIDO. If there is one

Attachments

• Downloads1.jpg
    Downloads1.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back