Absolute best budget earbuds?
May 3, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #1,081 of 2,999
No need to order 2 pairs of Monk+ One is fine. Even very expensive earbuds can broke. Instead of buying 2 Monk+, buy any other bud along with Monk+ and see which one you like more. By the way, where are you based at?

SHE3800 is better in terms of more Bassy sound but slightly less clarity than Monk+. But overall very good earbuds in $3.5 something.

A bit late now but what I did was remove the imic&controller since yours broke, I thought well, it costs as much as the bud itself, and it breaks, I'd rather save five bucks. What I'm considering is also getting TY Hi-z 32s and edifier h180. Northern EU, for now anyway, Asia looks tempting looking head, well unless they try to go after their central bank next, but I digress.

A bit random, but if you're looking for something to listen to, check out Hunter Maats - tangentially speaking 234 (that's the guest's name he's not a Hunter)

Last edited:
May 3, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #1,082 of 2,999
@EGO DEATH for me the top few budget buds are the Awei ES10, Phillips SHE3800, Sony MDR E808+ and the TY Hi-Z 32.

The Awei ES10's build quality suck, but the sound is probably the best for the price. Its details, the bass response and the trebles are ridiculous.

I always like the SHE3800 and they are pretty beast for the price too. They are probably the bass monster among the few i have mentioned and with a cable change the bass is even crazier for me. The E808+ are really really good, but the downside to it is the J-cable but if u can get around with a cable replacement then they probably will be somewhere near the top. They are really comfy too and u can slp with them.

The TY32 OOTB sound pretty good. But after awhile with those new purchases i find them to be lacking in mids and bass. However the trebles are excellent, though it may be abit bright for some. And with a little blutack at the back shell mod by ozkan, the mid and bass comes alive.

May 3, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #1,083 of 2,999
As someone here will probably say quite a bit, the Vido is very promising so far. My current favorite budget is DIY EMX50, and it's very competitive.

May 3, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #1,084 of 2,999
@EGO DEATH for me the top few budget buds are the Awei ES10, Phillips SHE3800, Sony MDR E808+ and the TY Hi-Z 32.

The Awei ES10's build quality suck, but the sound is probably the best for the price. Its details, the bass response and the trebles are ridiculous.

I always like the SHE3800 and they are pretty beast for the price too. They are probably the bass monster among the few i have mentioned and with a cable change the bass is even crazier for me. The E808+ are really really good, but the downside to it is the J-cable but if u can get around with a cable replacement then they probably will be somewhere near the top. They are really comfy too and u can slp with them.

The TY32 OOTB sound pretty good. But after awhile with those new purchases i find them to be lacking in mids and bass. However the trebles are excellent, though it may be abit bright for some. And with a little blutack at the back shell mod by ozkan, the mid and bass comes alive.

Thanks for the nice overview of these earbuds. :)

May 3, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #1,085 of 2,999
10 hours with the vido and it never failed to impress. Paired with Q1. No more fatigue issue. Everything smooth and clear.

It wins in everything especially dynamic and bass compared to qian39 my former favorite

better imaging than ty32. Maybe qian39 layering a bit better. But instruments focus is vido main qualities that i love.

My fiend complain a bit sibilant but I have no idea where the sibilance came from.. Different ear hears differently i guess.

I will definitely recable this one once i get another pair for backup.

Any report with J cable or Y variant? I'd like to know before i reorder new pair

May 3, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #1,086 of 2,999
I've been lurking here for some time, finally thought I would reply with my impressions of the sub-$10 category of 'buds

• Monk+ -- Very neutral mid and highs, lacking bass. Very clear for an earbud, but lacks fullness.
  • SHP3800 -- Warm, great bass, good detail. Accurate mids and rolled-off highs. Very full sounding. This is my personal favorite so far
  • Qian39 -- Warm, good bass and good detail. I feel this bud is a bit "slower" in impact, with more noticeable decay in notes, and less overall separation. Not as good for fast music. I do like it, but it is not as detailed for me as the other two.

I have on order: TY Hi-Z HP-32, FAAEAL 64, Vido, Boarseman K25 and MDR-E808+. Looking forward to seeing who wins the budget crown!

EDIT: I always use foams, as they improve comfort for my ears, so this is my evaluation with the standard foams.

Last edited:
May 3, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #1,087 of 2,999
Just ordered the Awei ES10 to add to the list of buds to try under $10. I'll update as I receive them with more complete reviews and impressions.

As a side note, anyone have suggestions for a cable thin enough to re-cable the MDR-E808+? The cable holes are very thin.

Last edited:
May 4, 2017 at 7:54 AM Post #1,088 of 2,999
10 hours with the vido and it never failed to impress. Paired with Q1. No more fatigue issue. Everything smooth and clear.

It wins in everything especially dynamic and bass compared to qian39 my former favorite

better imaging than ty32. Maybe qian39 layering a bit better. But instruments focus is vido main qualities that i love.

My fiend complain a bit sibilant but I have no idea where the sibilance came from.. Different ear hears differently i guess.

I will definitely recable this one once i get another pair for backup.

Any report with J cable or Y variant? I'd like to know before i reorder new pair

I remember you only suggested me SHE3800. They are good. How do you compare Vido with SHE3800 in terms of Bass, Warmness and Soundstage?

May 4, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #1,090 of 2,999
May 4, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #1,092 of 2,999
One more thing I noticed, same earbuds (or in-ears) are available with many sellers with different names. Like this one is the same what I mentioned earlier. But different price, so up to you if you can search any other seller which will sell the same thing at lower price but same quality and same item actually:
https://goo.gl/13DRHn

May 4, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #1,093 of 2,999
AkashS04 you're doing yourself a disservice by not ordering vido. Pretty much your description. And it came with mic version! Every seconds you waste will be your loss

May 4, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #1,094 of 2,999
AkashS04 you're doing yourself a disservice by not ordering vido. Pretty much your description. And it came with mic version! Every seconds you waste will be your loss

If you approve, I will order that. Can u pls share the correct link as I saw one link but nowhere on the earbud Vido was mentioned. How is the build quality by the way? Similar to SHE3800? What is better than 3800 in Vido?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back