Absolute best budget earbuds?
May 9, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #1,141 of 2,999
May 9, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #1,142 of 2,999
Try DIY EMX500

I can second this, but the Vido responds well to bassy eq, pushing really close to EMX500. Glad to be able to confirm that HCK's Vido sounds the same as my Vido acquired from Taobao. I have 3 of them now, all with different jacks, so I was a little apprehensive at first. Then again, None of the three are identical as two are with mics, and neither of those are the same color. So far, I'd easily pick this over Qian39 for bass & vocals.

Thinking about decent bass/mid i ordered Vido, Qian39 and **** PT15 to begin. Was it a good choice?
What earbud would you guys recommend after these? Rock / Pop music, basically.

You might find the PT15 lacking for bass, as it's greatest strength is in treble. It's a very nice earbud in that respect, but for the intended purpose may come up lacking. It should compliment the Vido decently enough however. The Qian39 is decent and has a rather uncommon shell design which I find quite comfortable myself.

May 9, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #1,143 of 2,999
I can second this, but the Vido responds well to bassy eq, pushing really close to EMX500. Glad to be able to confirm that HCK's Vido sounds the same as my Vido acquired from Taobao. I have 3 of them now, all with different jacks, so I was a little apprehensive at first. Then again, None of the three are identical as two are with mics, and neither of those are the same color. So far, I'd easily pick this over Qian39 for bass & vocals.

You might find the PT15 lacking for bass, as it's greatest strength is in treble. It's a very nice earbud in that respect, but for the intended purpose may come up lacking. It should compliment the Vido decently enough however. The Qian39 is decent and has a rather uncommon shell design which I find quite comfortable myself.
Someone mentioned that Vido is too bright? Is it so?

May 9, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #1,144 of 2,999
Someone mentioned that Vido is too bright? Is it so?

Unfortunately, I'm probably about the least treble sensitive person here, as I've never heard treble that bothers me. So I can't really comment on that. On initial listen, I haven't heard anything yet that reminds me of PT15 treble, which I know is pretty bright. I haven't actively gone looking however.

May 9, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #1,148 of 2,999
Has anyone compared EPK1 to NICEHCK DIY PK2 Earbud? These are pushing the cost envelope of "budget" but both appear to offer very good value for $20-$30.

I don't think anyone has done a comparison, but @BloodyPenguin posted a mini review of the EPK1 here:
https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/earbuds-round-up.441400/page-1329#post-13461031

And impressions for the NiceHCK DIY PK2 have so far been positive. I do recall that @golov17 and @luedriver mentioning that the PK2 sound sig is similar to the Shozy Cygnus.

May 9, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #1,149 of 2,999
So can we say that Vido has good warm sound and smooth treble and not harsh at all?

Yes warm and smooth. But I remember you finding the MX500 shell too big and uncomfortable. Edifier H180 would suit you better in that and it also has a warm good bass

May 9, 2017 at 10:47 PM Post #1,151 of 2,999
May 9, 2017 at 10:49 PM Post #1,152 of 2,999
May 9, 2017 at 11:04 PM Post #1,153 of 2,999
Not MX500, I found Monk+ shell too big. So Edifier to buy or Vido?
From Your total number 431 posting you've done, about 1000 times i see you've come up with this sign "?" (question mark). And......... Come up with same question Overrrrrrr and overrrrrrr again.

It remind us of The movie called "Edge of Tomorrow" - Tom Cruise & Emily Blunt.

OMG, please go and buy Vido with the link given by other members and keep quite..Talk so much also no use... Have you heard ---> Less is More ?

Last edited:
May 10, 2017 at 3:53 AM Post #1,154 of 2,999
Not MX500, I found Monk+ shell too big. So Edifier to buy or Vido?

They have the same shell. Buy Vido and give a little break to the thread for a while

Users who are viewing this thread

Back