Absolute best budget earbuds?
May 4, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #1,096 of 2,999
Bass is better and cleaner than she3800. Bass is bigger than monk+ but still retain almost same amount of tightness in mid bass. Decent and nearing iem sub bass although sometimes quite slow. Overall best Bass in budget segment . Some people who think she3800 bass too big might not like vido. Some who need more bass then its perfect.

Mids very good. Lower mids not overly thick like in she3800. Slight sibilant if youre coming from monk+ but nothing I can't handle. I lost count how many song that sounds so holographic in vocals. Sweet and inviting.

Highs also very clean, nice decent extensions and have excellent focus, compared to many earbud or even iem. In fact its the best focus i experience in earbud. The focus in instruments reminds me of final audio's heaven (6/7) or my vivo xe800 which is based on gr07 iem. This focus give vido a studio like experience. Means its not gonna sound like in open free space without barrier. However i mention here Studio like, not monitor like.

Vocal spot on in my opinion. Not too laid back not forward. Maybe 2nd row? Again studio like. Excellent sense of space. Imaging is again very good. Vido will replace my ty32 for chesky binaural albums.

In my opinion it merges all of best element from my other earbud. Qian39 is very good in separation and layering but suffers in dynamics. Stage is wide but I still can't decide how wide it is compared to other earbud. However vido might be the most transparent sounding earbud i own so far. I dont need anymore wider if i can have transparencies. With fiio Q1 it sounded very clean but on many audiophile recording the bass will show Q1 weakness. On my desktop dac it sound different. Wide open, less bloat in bass and faster decay. Now thats transparencies (in mean in both, music's transparency and source transparency)

All things being equal, vido only lose to my ty 320ohm in micro details and bass response. Only tested with some edm, pop / rock, some jazz and dub. Haven't tested with classical yet.

In 2-3 days there will be many more people receiving their vido and hopefully more comparisons will emerge.

Like i said. You're wasting your time reading this.

May 4, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #1,097 of 2,999
Bass is better and cleaner than she3800. Bass is bigger than monk+ but still retain almost same amount of tightness in mid bass. Decent and nearing iem sub bass although sometimes quite slow. Overall best Bass in budget segment . Some people who think she3800 bass too big might not like vido. Some who need more bass then its perfect.

Mids very good. Lower mids not overly thick like in she3800. Slight sibilant if youre coming from monk+ but nothing I can't handle. I lost count how many song that sounds so holographic in vocals. Sweet and inviting.

Highs also very clean, nice decent extensions and have excellent focus, compared to many earbud or even iem. In fact its the best focus i experience in earbud. The focus in instruments reminds me of final audio's heaven (6/7) or my vivo xe800 which is based on gr07 iem. This focus give vido a studio like experience. Means its not gonna sound like in open free space without barrier. However i mention here Studio like, not monitor like.

Vocal spot on in my opinion. Not too laid back not forward. Maybe 2nd row? Again studio like. Excellent sense of space. Imaging is again very good. Vido will replace my ty32 for chesky binaural albums.

In my opinion it merges all of best element from my other earbud. Qian39 is very good in separation and layering but suffers in dynamics. Stage is wide but I still can't decide how wide it is compared to other earbud. However vido might be the most transparent sounding earbud i own so far. I dont need anymore wider if i can have transparencies. With fiio Q1 it sounded very clean but on many audiophile recording the bass will show Q1 weakness. On my desktop dac it sound different. Wide open, less bloat in bass and faster decay. Now thats transparencies (in mean in both, music's transparency and source transparency)

All things being equal, vido only lose to my ty 320ohm in micro details and bass response. Only tested with some edm, pop / rock, some jazz and dub. Haven't tested with classical yet.

In 2-3 days there will be many more people receiving their vido and hopefully more comparisons will emerge.

Like i said. You're wasting your time reading this.

Thanks buddy. Can u pls share the link to the Vido buds? I can order. I hope build quality is better than SHE3800

May 4, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #1,098 of 2,999
Are any of these earbuds similar enough to one another that it's borderline unreasonable to purchase if you have the other? I'm looking at my cart and it just seems a smarter move to put down the 40-65% and get the Zen from VE and call it a day. So I'd want to eliminate the ones who bare too much similarities and are therefore unnecessary.

Vido (model name?)
TY Hi-z 32s
edifier h180
e808+ wins out to all of these?
monk+
Qian39
She 3800

May 4, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #1,099 of 2,999
Are any of these earbuds similar enough to one another that it's borderline unreasonable to purchase if you have the other? I'm looking at my cart and it just seems a smarter move to put down the 40-65% and get the Zen from VE and call it a day. So I'd want to eliminate the ones who bare too much similarities and are therefore unnecessary.

Vido (model name?)
TY Hi-z 32s
edifier h180
e808+ wins out to all of these?
monk+
Qian39
She 3800

Can't help if you decide on zen. Never heard zen. But i own ty 32,e808,monk,qian,she3800.

IMHO

Qian39 best budget layering. Need to hear
Monk+ best air. need to hear
TY 32 best budget to pair with amp. You might appreciate it better if you have other ty model

Vido may be best budget overall. only vido, no model so far.

Up is not the only way in this game of indulgence. :D

May 4, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #1,100 of 2,999
Can't help if you decide on zen. Never heard zen. But i own ty 32,e808,monk,qian,she3800.

IMHO

Qian39 best budget layering. Need to hear
Monk+ best air. need to hear
TY 32 best budget to pair with amp. You might appreciate it better if you have other ty model

Vido may be best budget overall. only vido, no model so far.

Up is not the only way in this game of indulgence. :D

Do you have Link to VIDO :)

May 4, 2017 at 8:27 PM Post #1,102 of 2,999
@fairx now u got me wondering abt the vido. Just placed an order for some replacement cables and rhodium jacks from taobao ytd. If only i saw ur comment earlier i would include them.

Edit: I have placed an order for them. Its ridiculously cheap on taobao

Last edited:
May 5, 2017 at 1:34 AM Post #1,103 of 2,999
IMG_20170505_130907.jpg
This is the ozkan mod. Kinda work well with most buds with MX500 shell. It brings forward the mids and improve the bass response while reducing abit of trebles.

However it doesnt seem to work well with the Monk+ which i dont understand. Either way i love the TY32 after the mod with 2 layers of thick foam + a layer of Monk foam and paired with the Zishan DSD. The combo is super dope.
IMG_20170505_133229.jpg

May 5, 2017 at 3:15 AM Post #1,104 of 2,999
@fairx now u got me wondering abt the vido. Just placed an order for some replacement cables and rhodium jacks from taobao ytd. If only i saw ur comment earlier i would include them.

Edit: I have placed an order for them. Its ridiculously cheap on taobao

Yes it very cheap actually. a guy in my country actually import them and hes selling it even cheaper than aliex

May 5, 2017 at 6:10 AM Post #1,105 of 2,999
Yes it very cheap actually. a guy in my country actually import them and hes selling it even cheaper than aliex
Yea its only like 10USD inclusive shipping for 10 of them. Idk why i bought that many lmao

May 5, 2017 at 6:36 AM Post #1,106 of 2,999
Ah, so Vido's that inexpensive? No wonder he's selling so cheap. Then again I had to buy a second due to him sending me one without mic first.

Also, for initial impressions for Vido. Very impressive bass earbud, and starts to push close to DIY MX500 in that respect. When the one with mic arrives, I imagine that'll be my go to budget earbud.

Last edited:
May 5, 2017 at 6:47 AM Post #1,107 of 2,999
Ah, so Vido's that inexpensive? No wonder he's selling so cheap. Then again I had to buy a second due to him sending me one without mic first.

Also, for initial impressions for Vido. Very impressive bass earbud, and starts to push close to DIY MX500 in that respect. When the one with mic arrives, I imagine that'll be my go to budget earbud.

Hmm the one with mic is more exp on taobao. But i doubt its the same model as the colour of the shells are different. They are in black and white.

The cheaper one is in blue and white which is similar with the one on AE. Either ways have to wait for them now lol.

May 5, 2017 at 8:11 AM Post #1,109 of 2,999
My SHE3800 finally stopped working. Left side speaker is not working anymore. Only if I shake it some time, it for a second or so it sounds and that's all. I guess cheaper earbuds are good in terms of sound but they broke down in 2-3 months time. No wonder why other companies charges 10 times for the same thing after all they have very strict quality control.

May 5, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #1,110 of 2,999
My SHE3800 finally stopped working. Left side speaker is not working anymore. Only if I shake it some time, it for a second or so it sounds and that's all. I guess cheaper earbuds are good in terms of sound but they broke down in 2-3 months time. No wonder why other companies charges 10 times for the same thing after all they have very strict quality control.
You just have to recable. Keep the drivers, they are real good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back