A comparison of a number of headphones from a musician: Stax SR-007, JVC DX1000, AT W1000X and ES10, Alessandro MS-Pro, Senn HD-800 and Denon D5000

Discussion in 'Currawong' started by currawong, May 23, 2010.

1. Currawong Contributor

Quick note: In case you're wondering why I started a thread on this: I was one of 4 people whom Jude contacted to ask if we could continue posting to our Head-fi blogs post-software change-over.  As there isn't any blog software presently, our blogs are now forums.

It's always interesting to get impressions from musicians and people involved in music production on headphones and related gear. Lunatique, whom, as I recall is one or another of, went to a local hi-fi shop and tested a bunch of headphones in an attempt to find one that suites his tastes and requirements. Since the post is buried in the middle of his thread, I'm re-posting it here.  It's always interesting to get impressions from musicians and people involved in music production (as I recall Lunatique is one or another of).  I'm not surprised about his negative assessment of the HD-800s, as I posted in his thread, they are a terrible headphone, entirely reflective of the other components in the chain, which is both their great ability and their great curse.  Lunatique's original thread is here if you want to see the entire discussion.

Quote: