9/13/14 Lawrence, Kansas Headfi meeting Impression.
Sep 14, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #31 of 95
  next time, I'll get bigger room or get somewhere has bigger room 
wink_face.gif

Yep, lessons learned. Still, we all had a great time for a first ever meet!!

Sep 14, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #34 of 95
Gah, stop it with your enabling!

Quote:
Hifiman hasn't discontinued them yet, so feel free to join the HE-4 club and buy em direct!

Huh, I thought I'd seen somewhere that they'd been discontinued.  TIL...
  Also, while they do require more power than the rest of the HFM lineup (except the HE-6), you'd be surprised. I've had good luck powering them with quite a few "low power" amps.

Interesting.  I'll have to see if anyone's tried them with what I have on hand.

Sep 14, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #35 of 95
Well, it looks like I've missed the highlight of the show. Downside of having a meet split in 2 rooms. :)

The old YH-1's look old and ratty but they are probably my most used phones of all that I've had, including the Stax O2, AKG. K1000, and the previous top models from Senn, AKG, and Beyer.

Sep 15, 2014 at 2:22 AM Post #36 of 95
next time, I'll get bigger room or get somewhere has bigger room :wink_face:

Honestly, I think with the amount of gear we had, we would need 8 hours or more to get a fare demo. I know next round, I will be bringing much less gear with all the traveling. I think Room B and just a smudge less gear would have probably worked... But then we would have had less gear :evil:

Sep 15, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #37 of 95
Woah, we're on the front page again. With my pic! 
cool.gif

Sep 15, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #40 of 95
look at the size of some of those ear cushions O.O

Sep 15, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #42 of 95
Wow, we're in feature content again!!  For next time, I should ask Schiit to loan us some of their balanced amp and dac.  For the cable, I should ask Peter in DHC cable to loan us cable too..
Again, try oppo's planar headphone.  Ask Woo audio to come by, hey Jack come to Lawrence~~~~ Sennheiser, Hifi-man, Head-amp...etc..

Please, give me your suggestion for next meeting.  What can we do to improve...let me know.

Thank you

Sep 16, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #43 of 95
The list of the wishlist.

TH900
LCD3
PS1000.
Grado - Bushmill (I liked it)
AKG 702 (exceed my expectation)
hd600 (not bad)
Stax Lombada Pro (just get the 009 LOL)

more update will come...

I forgot to try Jeff's Sony with my jh16....dude.  But I like Jeff's Sony walkman and amp with his PS1000.

Sep 16, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #44 of 95

No, this is a little powered device that essentially matches unbalanced to balanced signals for impedance and level. The equalizer is sensitive to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back