$8 Headphones strongly resemble Audio Technicas(PAINTED MY GRILLS BLACK!)
Jul 1, 2007 at 2:05 AM Post #32 of 345
I might pick these up, what the heck they are $8.

Anyhow the HD202 sounded terrible to me. Bloated bass response with no highs--pretty much the same thing you get from the MDRV150 without mods.

Jul 1, 2007 at 2:11 AM Post #33 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by TimxSally /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Umm. Its called the Accura SR-202.

great..will go to the store and ask bout it

Jul 1, 2007 at 2:15 AM Post #34 of 345
The other headphone to buy at Biglots is the Coby CV130, for $6.

Needs a simple mod - just take off the earpad, peel off the foam donut around the driver, and put the earpad back on.

Jul 1, 2007 at 2:17 AM Post #35 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by aCommunistSpy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
maybe these things were mistagged or prototypes or something wierd? i personally find it hard to believe that any company could create headphones the quality of MS-1's for 8$. If they could, they would revolutionalize the whole iBud and head-fi world. I bet you could make a killing selling those here lol

Probably due to some company want to dump those quick before AT starts to press charges since the design is clearly a AT copy. Wouldn't surprise me if that is indeed the case.

Jul 1, 2007 at 2:24 AM Post #36 of 345
Wow... Those look similar to some cheap headphones I got from a similar store. Look at these:

678435616_afe5f086d7.jpg

678435592_8f9276b990.jpg

These are Sanyo SHP-X510. They headband and pads look EXACTLY the same as the OP's ones, but these are closed while the OP's are open. These also don't sound very good...

How weird...

Oh and the cord is the same as well!!!

678469840_bf12140ea6.jpg

Jul 1, 2007 at 2:33 AM Post #38 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioCats /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but those are $22..... wait, that is kiwi $$, not USD, right? so prices are similar then....

Too bad they don't carry these in my area, it is killing me
mad.gif

$22NZD = $15USD

So a little more than $8.

To the OP: Would it be possible to dismantle yours and see how they look inside?

Jul 1, 2007 at 3:56 AM Post #40 of 345
frase boy I would but I did once and the pads are sorta wierd and it literally took me an hour to get the velour pad back on. So I dont really want to again. The only other time I will deal with putting the pads back on again is once I paint the grills black. And also I never said they sounded as good as MS1's I said they blew my HD202's out of the water and that I was gonna compare it to the MS1's. Also right about now im thinking that these are better than my Koss KSC75's. I dont know how to describe it but the bass is just better. Also Frase Boy my connector isnt the same. The connector is all grey with just a gold tip.

Jul 1, 2007 at 4:01 AM Post #41 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by TimxSally /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frase boy I would but I did once and the pads are sorta wierd and it literally took me an hour to get the velour pad back on. So I dont really want to again. The only other time I will deal with putting the pads back on again is once I paint the grills black. And also I never said they sounded as good as MS1's I said they blew my HD202's out of the water and that I was gonna compare it to the MS1's. Also right about now im thinking that these are better than my Koss KSC75's. I dont know how to describe it but the bass is just better. Also Frase Boy my connector isnt the same. The connector is all grey with just a gold tip.

Oh ok...

But the cords the same isnt it? It kinda feels like its covered in some sort of grey fabric or something...

On my ones, the bass is very bloated and overpowering and muddy. Not very good. Nice to hear yours are better.

Jul 1, 2007 at 4:33 AM Post #42 of 345
Mine does sound better I think. Im not that big of a head-fier so I dont know what bloated overpowering and muddy bass is all I know is ive heard better bas but the bass on these is good.

Jul 1, 2007 at 4:42 AM Post #43 of 345
I'll have to check BL on these and another CV130 (this time for listening)...looks like a cheapie headphone shopping spree.

And since this forum is all about $8 headphones that sound tolerable, aside from a hard mid-range, I'll mention the Philips SHS391 might be the only streetstyle under $20 that sounds okay. Found it at Target clearance rack for $8.

Jul 1, 2007 at 5:00 AM Post #44 of 345
fraseyboy: If you can, take the backs off the driver housings of yours and compare. You might just be pleasantly surprised. Some cheap, closed dynamic headphones have the tendency to make bass sound boomy, bloated, muddy and one-note'ish.

Jul 1, 2007 at 5:45 AM Post #45 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioCats /img/forum/go_quote.gif
use a scale/ruler/tape-measure maybe? Just eye-balling it will be close enough. Thanks!

Out of curiosity, are you hoping to try the pads on another headphone? Which one? I'm heading to my local Big Lots tomorrow to see if they have any and to see if the pads might fit one of my AKGs (though that is a long shot.)
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back