7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Nov 20, 2022 at 5:06 AM Post #3,406 of 4,273
Epro also has the EP01 tips which are the same but have a larger diameter but shorter stem. It effectively makes them a shorter tip as they don't sit as tall on the iem. If you do decide that you want to try the Epro and you need or want a longer tip, go with the EP00, not the EP01.
How long is the stem of the EP00? Sennheiser is around 9,5 mm.

Nov 20, 2022 at 6:36 AM Post #3,407 of 4,273
I'm using the Epro EP00. It's a horn style tip. Timeless is the only IEM that I use these tips with. With the wide, horn shaped bore one would thing that the bass would be attenuated and treble would be accentuated but not the case (for me anyway). These tips seem to smooth the upper mids and treble a little bit. With Timeless, I found that I needed either a longer tip or had to go up a size to maintain a good seal. The Epro EP00 are long/tall so in that regard they also work well for me. Epro also has the EP01 tips which are the same but have a larger diameter but shorter stem. It effectively makes them a shorter tip as they don't sit as tall on the iem. If you do decide that you want to try the Epro and you need or want a longer tip, go with the EP00, not the EP01.
WOW! Very interesting to learn about these. I have not heard of those until now. I like the whole idea, and it seems a bit different from anything that I have seen/heard to date. I also like that they are longer because the Timeless have too short of a nozzle for me, and I need those longer tips to make them seal better.

I think the smallest part of the bore would be the deciding (or limiting) factor in how they sound with bass and treble. For instance, take the Final Type E tips (which I also like alot). They are known as "treble killers" because they accentuate bass, and attenuate treble (more like smooth it out IMO), being a very narrow bore. Having the horn shape, I suspect that you might get the benefits of both wide bore and narrow bore (but to a lesser extent). Because remember that narrow bore will attenuate treble and accentuate bass (not so much attenuate bass but having more treble might make it seem that way), where wide bore will do just the opposite.

Nov 20, 2022 at 10:57 AM Post #3,408 of 4,273
How long is the stem of the EP00? Sennheiser is around 9,5 mm.
The length varies by diameter. Looks like the small size is 9.9mm and they lengthen as they go up in size. I may try these myself, as getting a good seal with the shorter nozzle length of the Timeless can be frustrating. Just wonder how they compare comfort-wise to the clear silicone stock tips I currently find work best for me.

Amazon shows the lengths here on their site:

https://www.amazon.ca/eProaudios-ePro-Horn-Shaped-Ear-Tips/dp/B07S82M9PG?th=1

Nov 20, 2022 at 11:18 AM Post #3,409 of 4,273
Couple more things on the Epro's since it seems not too many are familiar. Epro's are very soft tips. They are also almost "slick" feeling. There is no "stickiness" or "tackiness" to them to help them to seal. Like everything else, I'm sure they aren't going to work for everyone. I am not fond of them in general in that I just haven't found another iem that I preferred them with. I didn't buy them to try with Timeless, I already had them on hand and gave them a shot. They were one of the last tips I tried with Timeless ... which tells you how much luck I'd had with them prior. For me, with Timeless they just work. Both sound wise and fit/seal.
Just want to be clear that I'm not pimping these tips. Just relaying what works for me with Timeless.

Nov 20, 2022 at 1:01 PM Post #3,410 of 4,273
Couple more things on the Epro's since it seems not too many are familiar. Epro's are very soft tips. They are also almost "slick" feeling. There is no "stickiness" or "tackiness" to them to help them to seal. Like everything else, I'm sure they aren't going to work for everyone. I am not fond of them in general in that I just haven't found another iem that I preferred them with. I didn't buy them to try with Timeless, I already had them on hand and gave them a shot. They were one of the last tips I tried with Timeless ... which tells you how much luck I'd had with them prior. For me, with Timeless they just work. Both sound wise and fit/seal.
Just want to be clear that I'm not pimping these tips. Just relaying what works for me with Timeless.
I got the EP01 (shorter) version by mistake and wish I'd read your comments first :) but I can vouch they can work very nicely with some IEMs. They certainly do with my RE400 which I just as true in-ears. Hopefully more people provide their impression with the timeless.

Nov 22, 2022 at 6:26 PM Post #3,411 of 4,273
Your experiences are very useful. Sennheiser tips are very good and fit better than the stock tips. Never tried Azlas and JVC, but I already got enough anyway. About cables I think Nicehck offers the best bang for the buck, great copper cables ~30$ and pure silver ~40$. https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/nicehck-litzps-pro.24889/
Quality wise they feel pretty good.
Thanks for the suggestion, I ordered an OCC cable from Nicechk. I like what the pure copper and hybrid cable bring in terms of bass and lower midrange but I feel like they don't provide the same transparency as the stock cable. They just don't feel very high-end (which I think the Timeless can be). I hope the OCC design will improve that, we'll see. If not, maybe graphene?

Nov 22, 2022 at 8:05 PM Post #3,412 of 4,273
Thanks for the suggestion, I ordered an OCC cable from Nicechk. I like what the pure copper and hybrid cable bring in terms of bass and lower midrange but I feel like they don't provide the same transparency as the stock cable. They just don't feel very high-end (which I think the Timeless can be). I hope the OCC design will improve that, we'll see. If not, maybe graphene?
You’re entering into dangerous territory, playing with cables 😂

Nov 22, 2022 at 9:41 PM Post #3,413 of 4,273
This combo sounds pretty good (treble is still a bit unnatural thou) of the kinda underrated Dioko (with front metal covers at the nozzles removed). It's really good for watching movies. The Dioko is a bit too fast sounding making it eaily fatiguing and the Eros S totally fixes that. Actually it doesn't sound too much like a planar now.
20221123_103831.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2022 at 2:53 AM Post #3,415 of 4,273
I know mate, I'm just testing a few types of cables and I'm done, promised :sweat_smile:
And don't forget to share what you will conclude after testing :wink:
For me with 7hz best is not pure cooper or silver, but some kind of composite cooper with silver or sim.. cables. I like crisp highs and not boomy low end so this could be corrected with good cable that further enhances 7hz planar capabilities. Original is ok, but really not the best option with 7hz for me. Worth to try other cables and see what it gives.

Nov 23, 2022 at 5:10 AM Post #3,416 of 4,273
With my second pair of the Timeless, I am using the TRI Grace-C cable and the SpinFit CP100+ tips. This combination provides me with a generous amount of base, crucial to the Electronic music I am mostly listening to, and the high frequencies sound natural to me, just a slight touch towards brightness, sometimes. I've tried wide bore tips, like the Whizzer Easytips SS20 but they bring everything way forward, in my face. With the CP100+ I can feel a bit of depth in the soundstage.

I'm not listening to music with my Timeless much these days. I much better prefer my RAPTGO HOOK-X and I am looking forward receiving my IMR Na-Le.

Nov 23, 2022 at 6:06 AM Post #3,417 of 4,273
And don't forget to share what you will conclude after testing :wink:
For me with 7hz best is not pure cooper or silver, but some kind of composite cooper with silver or sim.. cables. I like crisp highs and not boomy low end so this could be corrected with good cable that further enhances 7hz planar capabilities. Original is ok, but really not the best option with 7hz for me. Worth to try other cables and see what it gives.
So you prefer silver plated copper basically?
Personally I really like how laid-back pure copper makes the Timeless, I never thought they could sound so laid-back. But it doesn't enhance planar capabilities as you said, at least with the OFC cable I have.

Nov 23, 2022 at 6:17 AM Post #3,418 of 4,273
So you prefer silver plated copper basically?
Personally I really like how laid-back pure copper makes the Timeless, I never thought they could sound so laid-back. But it doesn't enhance planar capabilities as you said, at least with the OFC cable I have.
Yes exactly i prefer silver plated cooper with it. Right now using such cable. It came from fiio fd5 iem. But similar are sold separately. For me compared to original it makes low end a little tighter, which i always want, and treble is sprakling but not overly bright or peaky. Also better separation and overal naturaleness. So really good combination. Ofcourse as always source is also important. But lets keep that my source is quite natural, linear not overly colored. But i trully believe that cables works and with 7hz i especially feel what they change. Ofcourse as always it is not night and day but still good quality cable is what i prefer. Cooper pure makes 7hz too laid back for me and too muted in treble. Need some liveness and bite from them :)

Nov 23, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #3,419 of 4,273
Depends what you are looking for but a couple of us who got to audition some new Effect Audio cables during their launch a few months back really found the Effect Audio Cadmus to be a great pairing with Timeless. The cable does cost almost as much as Timeless does so again, it depends what you are looking for ... and how much you want to spend.

Nov 23, 2022 at 3:10 PM Post #3,420 of 4,273
To be more precise I ordered the GCT5, because overall it's a thick copper cable. 5N is not too bad. Are they still 30 $? It was during single's day. Other than that the Penon reviewers recommend ISN S2 and also C2.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back