7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Nov 13, 2022 at 10:27 PM Post #3,391 of 4,275
The type E tws seem to have a 13.3mm, it's still a bit small for me unfortunately.

Regarding the Sednaearfit you're right they are longer than the Crystals! That's what makes the Crystals a bit annoying to fit in sometimes (you just need to make sure they are fully inserted). But it seems the Sednaearfit also use a more conventional type of silicone, right? I think they might work really well with the Timeless.
Not from my experience they are the same (sticky) type of silicone that the Crystals use (I think all of the Azla tips are of this type of silicone).

I just realized that I have been referencing the wrong type of tip in my comparison. I was talking about the Azla Sednaearfit Xelestic, not just the regular Sednaearfit... Apologies, though they are the same thing as the Crystals (same material) just longer and more for regular IEMs. I don't have any experience with the regular Sednaearfit tips.

Nov 13, 2022 at 11:18 PM Post #3,392 of 4,275
Not from my experience they are the same (sticky) type of silicone that the Crystals use (I think all of the Azla tips are of this type of silicone).

I just realized that I have been referencing the wrong type of tip in my comparison. I was talking about the Azla Sednaearfit Xelestic, not just the regular Sednaearfit... Apologies, though they are the same thing as the Crystals (same material) just longer and more for regular IEMs. I don't have any experience with the regular Sednaearfit tips.
The regular Azla Sednaearfit tips come in a Regular (black) and a Light (clear) version. There are short versions within those series as well. None of the eartips in those series are sticky. There is also a Max series but I know nothing about those.

Nov 14, 2022 at 2:20 AM Post #3,393 of 4,275

No worries, their range and naming is a bit confusing to say the least :)

Nov 16, 2022 at 8:41 PM Post #3,394 of 4,275
All the different Sedna Xelatech types pretty much sounds similar. The only difference is the comfort level.

Nov 19, 2022 at 10:00 AM Post #3,395 of 4,275
Testing the CP100+ on the timeless: not bad at all, they have a good overall balance, similar to the Azla Crystals, but with a smaller, more congested and boomier sound. They have a much smaller bore and stem so I don't think that helps. The Crystals are a clear improvement, they just sound more natural and full.

Nov 19, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #3,397 of 4,275
Agree, actually no spinfit sounds better with timeless compared to azla. So azla everytime is winner for me. With other iems spinfit can sound better. But spinfits are very easy on ears so here they have advantage. But this compared to usual azla, not crystals or other.
For what's it's worth though the CP100+ do seem to use the same kind of grippy silicon material that the Crystals use. I haven't seen that in other tips. I guess the dimensions of the tips are the biggest differenciation factor here.

Nov 19, 2022 at 11:09 AM Post #3,398 of 4,275
For what's it's worth though the CP100+ do seem to use the same kind of grippy silicon material that the Crystals use. I haven't seen that in other tips. I guess the dimensions of the tips are the biggest differenciation factor here.
You are right. The CP100 are the same tip without the grippy nature that the CP100+ possesses. My findings with the CP100+ and the Timeless pretty much match yours.

Nov 19, 2022 at 11:53 AM Post #3,400 of 4,275
Do you like the CP100 better or do they sound similar?
They are just a tad different to my ears. Probably because of the different material causing some difference in acoustics, otherwise they are the exact same tips. But generally, I tend to gravitate to the CP100 more than the CP100+, though I like that the 100+ stay put better and are more comfortable because of it.

Nov 19, 2022 at 3:24 PM Post #3,401 of 4,275
Do you like the CP100 better or do they sound similar?
They are just a tad different to my ears. Probably because of the different material causing some difference in acoustics, otherwise they are the exact same tips. But generally, I tend to gravitate to the CP100 more than the CP100+, though I like that the 100+ stay put better and are more comfortable because of it.
Guys, from what you have tried with 7hz . Which tips you prefer with it? You definatelly recomend to try?

Nov 19, 2022 at 5:58 PM Post #3,402 of 4,275
Guys, from what you have tried with 7hz . Which tips you prefer with it? You definatelly recomend to try?
For myself, I have found the stock (foam-shaped) squarish silicone tips to have the best fitment while retaining good sound. They aren't the BEST sound, but they are the only ones that I have been able to retain a good fit throughout.

The best sounding ones (for me) is Tenmak Whirlwind (custom from iBasso), but they lose seal when moving around, moving my jaw, etc...

Nov 19, 2022 at 6:14 PM Post #3,403 of 4,275
I still have to try a few other usual suspects with the Timeless (Symbio W, Whizzer SS20, Sony hybrids...) but for now the Azlas are my keepers. Like I said in a previous order maybe you can try the Sennheiser IE pro silicons or the JVC spiral dots for a different flavor (more laid-back).

I've started testing aftermarket cables recently too and I never expected to hear a difference, but I think I do between the different types of materials... Copper sounds very laid-back and a bit muted in the top end, while the stock cable has a lot more bite but lacks body in comparison. Hybrid design (Kbear Rhyme) seems like a good compromise. Not sure how much I'll spend on other cables though, this looks like a dangerous game lol. But I understand better now why so many people here spend so much time and effort optimizing their gear.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2022 at 6:34 PM Post #3,404 of 4,275
I still have to try a few other usual suspects with the Timeless (Symbio W, Whizzer SS20, Sony hybrids...) but for now the Azlas are my keepers. Like I said in a previous order maybe you can try the Sennheiser IE pro silicons or the JVC spiral dots for a different flavor (more laid-back).
Your experiences are very useful. Sennheiser tips are very good and fit better than the stock tips. Never tried Azlas and JVC, but I already got enough anyway. About cables I think Nicehck offers the best bang for the buck, great copper cables ~30$ and pure silver ~40$. https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/nicehck-litzps-pro.24889/
Quality wise they feel pretty good.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2022 at 8:21 PM Post #3,405 of 4,275
I'm using the Epro EP00. It's a horn style tip. Timeless is the only IEM that I use these tips with. With the wide, horn shaped bore one would thing that the bass would be attenuated and treble would be accentuated but not the case (for me anyway). These tips seem to smooth the upper mids and treble a little bit. With Timeless, I found that I needed either a longer tip or had to go up a size to maintain a good seal. The Epro EP00 are long/tall so in that regard they also work well for me. Epro also has the EP01 tips which are the same but have a larger diameter but shorter stem. It effectively makes them a shorter tip as they don't sit as tall on the iem. If you do decide that you want to try the Epro and you need or want a longer tip, go with the EP00, not the EP01.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back