7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Nov 23, 2022 at 9:24 PM Post #3,422 of 4,275
I don't understand how the search engine works on aliexpress (maybe they want to confuse visitors on purpose) and can't even find the models you mentioned but I found this one for 20€ which is often mentioned by reviewers
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/nicehck-litzocc-iem-cables.24760/reviews
You will get different results based on your membership level, region, and any referral IDs. Beyond that, they do exclude some results, for reasons that aren't clear to me.

Nov 26, 2022 at 8:05 PM Post #3,423 of 4,275
Got these in today.

After about 3hours of listening they are fantastic. Been on Airpods Pro 2 almost exclusively for a few weeks, I was worried these wouldn't be much of an upgrade...Boy was I wrong. The detail is just fantastic, playing from a Khadas Tea wired to an iPhone its portable brilliance.

All for £150. Yes please

Nov 28, 2022 at 8:22 PM Post #3,424 of 4,275
I gave the Epro EP01 another try and they are indeed quite good even though not the best fit for the timeless. I like them better now that I'm using the copper cable, they have a very mature sound profile. They are very midrange focused but not in a bright way. So you get plenty of deep bass and a laid-back treble that never overcome the midrange. They have a more open sound, cleaner bass and better timbre than both Sennheisers and Spiral dots. So it's a tie with the Azla crystals for me now. They're a very good alternative for a more laid-back, less intense option. Only downside is the poor isolation, at least with the EP01.

Dec 5, 2022 at 7:13 AM Post #3,429 of 4,275
I'm using the Epro EP00. It's a horn style tip. Timeless is the only IEM that I use these tips with. With the wide, horn shaped bore one would thing that the bass would be attenuated and treble would be accentuated but not the case (for me anyway). These tips seem to smooth the upper mids and treble a little bit. With Timeless, I found that I needed either a longer tip or had to go up a size to maintain a good seal. The Epro EP00 are long/tall so in that regard they also work well for me. Epro also has the EP01 tips which are the same but have a larger diameter but shorter stem. It effectively makes them a shorter tip as they don't sit as tall on the iem. If you do decide that you want to try the Epro and you need or want a longer tip, go with the EP00, not the EP01.

I rolled in here this evening intending to ask if anyone has figured out how to smooth the crunchy harshness that the Timeless exhibits occasionally in the treble. Do they cure it? It was bugging me on some tracks yesterday. Currently have CP100s on them and i haven't tried anything else now that i think about it.

Dec 5, 2022 at 4:10 PM Post #3,430 of 4,275
I rolled in here this evening intending to ask if anyone has figured out how to smooth the crunchy harshness that the Timeless exhibits occasionally in the treble. Do they cure it? It was bugging me on some tracks yesterday. Currently have CP100s on them and i haven't tried anything else now that i think about it.
Personally I would qualify the sound with the Epro tips as laid-back while the CP100 and the Azlas are more on the neutral side (which means potentially bright sometimes). The spiral dots work well at taming the highs too.

Dec 6, 2022 at 7:17 PM Post #3,431 of 4,275
Looks good

Attachments

• received_2536650976474069.jpeg
    received_2536650976474069.jpeg
    16.8 KB · Views: 0
Dec 16, 2022 at 7:53 PM Post #3,432 of 4,275
i made this equalizerAPO setting that I really enjoy, if anyone wants to try it out. It shifts the resonance from 2 to 3khz and sounds a bit more natural IMO. Made with my 711 ear simulator.

Attachments

• timeless_graphiceq 3khz.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 23, 2022 at 5:09 AM Post #3,433 of 4,275
Anyone knows a good alternative to the stock cable with similar material? (Pure copper + silver plated copper)
I like the stock sound but I damaged one of the connectors on the cable so would like an alternative.
I think the stock cable has a better timbre than occ copper alone.

Dec 24, 2022 at 9:33 AM Post #3,434 of 4,275
saw their isodynamic model - are they worth the money, are they comparable to ananda, for example
or i should stay on full-size headphones, it's good that more and more manufacturers are making isodynamic headphones especially cheap and in-ear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back