7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Apr 10, 2024 at 5:00 PM Post #4,262 of 4,269
Reading the reviews of the Zero2, you'd think it was rolled off compared to the OG, which I found ear-piercing and had to put Complys on to tolerate. The Zero2 is exactly as you describe...nowhere near as relaxed as the Starfield. I haven't compared the tips to the original yet, but I am either getting a much better seal with the Zero2 silicon tips, or the new tuning just helps that much.
Grabbed myself some TRN T medium tips and made reverse tips out of them. They fit perfectly on my Zero 1 and 2. The sound is deep, full and bassy.

Apr 12, 2024 at 9:29 PM Post #4,263 of 4,269
For sale now.
0EDBC1C9-CFA8-44CA-9E56-09F5FC0AA939.jpeg

Apr 13, 2024 at 9:04 AM Post #4,264 of 4,269
My impression of Aurora. I got it at canjam SG and it was a blast to use.

Apr 26, 2024 at 8:52 PM Post #4,266 of 4,269
Aurora is basshead approved. The 12mm DD can handle a large lowshelf while still keeping really good detail and distortion-free impact. The planar is very fast and resolving, large soundstage, pretty good imaging. Not a fan of stock tuning, but I usually never am as my preferences are pretty niche as you can see.
Aurora Bass Boost Crin Target.png

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2024 at 9:37 PM Post #4,267 of 4,269
Aurora is basshead approved. The 12mm DD can handle a large lowshelf while still keeping really good detail and distortion-free impact. The planar is very fast and resolving, large soundstage, pretty good imaging. Not a fan of stock tuning, but I usually never am as my preferences are pretty niche as you can see.
Aurora Bass Boost Crin Target.png
With stock tuning, they look like they can be painful in the 3K region. Also, can you compare these (stock) with the Legato?

Apr 26, 2024 at 9:55 PM Post #4,268 of 4,269
Stock Aurora vs stock Legato...lol let's see. The Aurora stock is hard for me to listen to. If I didn't know about EQ, they'd get returned. Although very resolving, they are bright and those peaks are fatiguing. Stock, the Aurora doesn't sound that natural to me. The Legato is almost the complete opposite of the Aurora. Warm, impactful, less fatiguing, visceral bass. Both have really good soundstages. And while the Legato has some tuning oddities of its own, it's definitely more tolerable than the Aurora's tuning.

The Legato will give you more bass quantity out the box, but the 12mm DD in the Legato doesn't sound as clean as the DD in the Aurora, even when both are eq'd to the same level. The Aurora is more resolving everywhere, but you're going to have to take a break sooner because of all that treble.

The Legato has better build quality and are more comfortable in my big ears. The Auroras are shaped very similarly to the Legatos, but there is a little bulge where they fit the BAs in. That bulge pushes the little flap at the opening of your ear, and it can get uncomfortable after a while. It's also more difficult to insert because of that BA bulge. The Legatos just slide right on in with ease.
1000003122.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2024 at 10:02 PM Post #4,269 of 4,269
Stock Aurora vs stock Legato...lol let's see. The Aurora stock is hard for me to listen to. If I didn't know about EQ, they'd get returned. Although very resolving, they are bright and those peaks are fatiguing. Stock, the Aurora doesn't sound that natural to me. The Legato is almost the complete opposite of the Aurora. Warm, impactful, less fatiguing, visceral bass. Both have really good soundstages. And while the Legato has some tuning oddities of its own, it's definitely more tolerable than the Aurora's tuning.

The Legato will give you more bass quantity out the box, but the 12mm DD in the Legato doesn't sound as clean as the DD in the Aurora, even when both are eq'd to the same level. The Aurora is more resolving everywhere, but you're going to have to take a break sooner because of all that treble.
Thanks for the comparison. The Legato are a guilty pleasure of mine. I normally like sets that have a neutral bass, but now and again, I just want to hear some teeth rattling bass (like I used to with car equipment back in the day). As for the Legato tuning, you are right, but if I close my eyes they sound like old school 2 speaker systems from the 80s, which makes them even more of a guilty pleasure for me. :)

So while they are a "niche" listen for me, they have creeped up to be in the "favorites for what they are" category and keepers. I DO hate how they fit though. The nozzles are way too long and thick for my comfort (though I manage).

Either way, congrats on finding the sound you like. That is what this is all about after all. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back