7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Mar 4, 2024 at 8:18 AM Post #4,246 of 4,269
Nexus, I think you are provoking that 'discussion', with that headphones and iems, for a third or forth time.
I would not try to guess why you do that but would share it has no value, nor smth new you would be told.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024 at 8:05 PM Post #4,248 of 4,269
So, would these impressions be in direct comparison to the stock (SS-like) tips that come with the OG Timeless? I have not yet bought any of the SS tips, but I have 2 of the 3 stock tips from the SS in use at the moment, and I really love them.
Are you talking about the similarly shaped transparent tips that come with the timeless? I'm not 100% sure these are the same (as I mixed those tips with others) but I just tried them again and they do sound also very mid centric just like the S&S, except that they work much better as on-ears as they have a rounder/bigger shape. Can't get a decent bass with the S&S unfortunately. I much prefer the tonality I get from the Sennheiser or the Epro tips though, more full-bodied. I need to try the new Azla Origins which look promising in that regard.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024 at 9:41 PM Post #4,249 of 4,269
You are right. I have to describe it better. I didn't have much iems. I will use it for rock / metal. A neutral or a fun signature would be nice (Fostex / Edition XS). Both is fine. I liked the tonality of the Galaxy Buds + and Sony WF1000XM3. The only thing I have to avoid is a warm, veiled tonality (Sennheiser 58x). I think I am in the right thread. A planar like the timeless could be a good start. But there are other planars like the S12 Pro, too. The AE is on my list. But i read it is a muffled version of the OG.
From what you are describing, I will simply say that you should get the OG Timeless. Though, I would submit that rather than being a good place to start, the OG Timeless might be end game for what you are looking for. While they aren't end game for me (even though I still love them and use them), there are/were quite a few people on this very thread that find them to be so (some even sold all of their other IEMs to keep ONLY the Timeless).

Mar 10, 2024 at 5:39 PM Post #4,250 of 4,269
About the pre-order-avail Timeless 2, that's getting weird influencer rave reviews on YouTube, etc ...
I have owned the Timeless AE for about year now. I also have an aftermarket filter kit that I have yet to experiment with.
I did note earlier and elsewhere on H-F that I immediately noticed lack of PRaT with the AE. Experimented with tips and no filter. Still the PRaT lacks. This is okay as the Timelss AE outperforms in several other areas (including bettering my IE900 in detail and imaging, etc).
No plans on acquiring Timeless 2 ... it won't be THAT much better.
Best to try something completely different (AFUL Perf. 8 maybe). And lots of choices now. Wow has the IEM market gotten huge and complex.
Feel free to suggest.

Mar 10, 2024 at 5:46 PM Post #4,251 of 4,269
About the pre-order-avail Timeless 2, that's getting weird influencer rave reviews on YouTube, etc ...
I have owned the Timeless AE for about year now. I also have an aftermarket filter kit that I have yet to experiment with.
I did note earlier and elsewhere on H-F that I immediately noticed lack of PRaT with the AE. Experimented with tips and no filter. Still the PRaT lacks. This is okay as the Timelss AE outperforms in several other areas (including bettering my IE900 in detail and imaging, etc).
Best to try something completely different (AFUL Perf. 8 maybe). And lots of choices now. Wow has the IEM market gotten huge and complex.
Feel free to suggest.
My obsession is around the DTE500 and this thing has PRaT like you wont believe. Totally musical. The lack of musicality is what made the Timeless kind of boring.

Mar 10, 2024 at 6:48 PM Post #4,252 of 4,269
Feel free to suggest.
Aful MagicOne!

Mar 10, 2024 at 10:35 PM Post #4,253 of 4,269
I think of the Timeless as more of a scientific instrument. I use it quite a bit now in DIY mods and such. It can resolve a lot of detail.
But, yeah, for actually listening to music ... when I want the fun factor,"musicality" and PRaT, I always go for the single DD. So, I still dig my orig. Senn IE-8s for sheer funness and long-term listening sessions.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2024 at 10:47 PM Post #4,254 of 4,269
I think of the Timeless as more of a scientific instrument. I use it quite a bit now in DIY mods and such. It can resolve a lot of detail.
But, yeah, for actually listening to music ... when I want the fun factor,"musicality" and PRaT, I always go for the single DD. So, I still dig my orig. Senn IE-8s for sheer funness and long-term listening sessions.
This but also hybrids without planar drivers do it for me. DD+BA and DD+BA+EST are really good combos. Pure planars are fast but I still cannot hear all the details I would like to hear. Hybrids running of a series of tube pre-amps really show me the details I want to listen to.

Mar 11, 2024 at 1:44 AM Post #4,255 of 4,269
Yep, long live the Senn IE-80 and IE-800

Apr 9, 2024 at 4:42 PM Post #4,259 of 4,269
If I already have the Moondrop Starfields, is the Zero2 worth picking up?
They are a bit different sound style. Zero 2 is more balanced and starfield is quite warm with rolled off treble. Depends on your flavor.

Apr 10, 2024 at 2:00 PM Post #4,260 of 4,269
Reading the reviews of the Zero2, you'd think it was rolled off compared to the OG, which I found ear-piercing and had to put Complys on to tolerate. The Zero2 is exactly as you describe...nowhere near as relaxed as the Starfield. I haven't compared the tips to the original yet, but I am either getting a much better seal with the Zero2 silicon tips, or the new tuning just helps that much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back