7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Dec 31, 2023 at 9:26 PM Post #4,217 of 4,271
Jan 2, 2024 at 9:05 AM Post #4,218 of 4,271
Does someone know if and where we can buy the legato case ?

Jan 23, 2024 at 3:14 AM Post #4,220 of 4,271
For those interested in a dongle with exceptional synergy with the Timeless I recommend considering purchasing a Shanling UA4. In addition to being equipped with excellent features and a relatively low cost, it offers an incredible synergy with the Timeless, especially with regards to detail recovery and soundstage width. Try it if you want and let me know... it's truly an extraordinary combination in my opinion.

Jan 23, 2024 at 4:46 AM Post #4,221 of 4,271
Interesting. Soon releasing. Not sure when the Timeless 2 release is pushed to.

IMG_9203.jpeg

Jan 23, 2024 at 2:31 PM Post #4,222 of 4,271
Interesting. Soon releasing. Not sure when the Timeless 2 release is pushed to.

IMG_9203.jpeg
I don't understand the point of adding any type of transducer to a planar one. I mean no one is doing that with fullsize headphones. The planar is already good at everything.

Jan 23, 2024 at 7:04 PM Post #4,223 of 4,271
As a basshead, I'm interested in it. If that 12mm is anything like the one in the Legatos, then it can move some serious air.

Personally, I'd like to see a dynamic for sub-bass, planar for bass to lower treble and EST for treble.

Jan 27, 2024 at 3:43 PM Post #4,225 of 4,271
Feb 13, 2024 at 2:13 PM Post #4,227 of 4,271
Hey, guys! Wonder if someone here could help me with a question regarding the 7Hz Timeless I've got a few days ago. It's a troubleshooting problem.

I've noticed a very faint, deep-note electrical buzz in the right piece.

I seriously can't tell if it was there in the beginning. It's like a bass shaker tone being played at a very, very low volume. Mostly it's barely perceptible. I could almost say I feel it more than I hear it. Sometimes it's a bit louder but only if no music plays. With music it's impossible to hear it.

It manifests on all three of my computers: 2 desktop PCs and 1 laptop. It happens with an amp (FiiO E10K, or a DAC dongle plugged to the PC), and without an amp (plugged straight into the PC audio-jack).

Here's the weirdest part: the PC doesn't even have to be turned on, it's just suffices that it's connected to the electrical outlet. It disappears immediately if I touch the PC frame, or in the case of using an amp when I touch the amp itself.

When plugged into mobile phones (with or without the DAC dongle) the buzzing doesn't happen. When I plug it on a battery-powered laptop it doesn't happen.

The issue persists also when changing cables, and it seems to be present only on the right piece.

Other than the issue described above, I can't hear any difference, disbalance or distortion in the sound between the left and right.

Obviously there's something happening with the right piece, but is it grounding-related or something? I live in a residential building, so the electrical wiring isn't of the DIY kind. My electrical engineering knowledge is seriously lacking. Could someone point me to what could be happening here and what are my options (short of returning them)?

I'm asking because I most probably won't be able to return them since they were bought directly from China, and it would be costly to ship them back.

Feb 13, 2024 at 2:33 PM Post #4,228 of 4,271
Hey, guys! Wonder if someone here could help me with a question regarding the 7Hz Timeless I've got a few days ago. It's a troubleshooting problem.

I've noticed a very faint, deep-note electrical buzz in the right piece.

I seriously can't tell if it was there in the beginning. It's like a bass shaker tone being played at a very, very low volume. Mostly it's barely perceptible. I could almost say I feel it more than I hear it. Sometimes it's a bit louder but only if no music plays. With music it's impossible to hear it.

It manifests on all three of my computers: 2 desktop PCs and 1 laptop. It happens with an amp (FiiO E10K, or a DAC dongle plugged to the PC), and without an amp (plugged straight into the PC audio-jack).

Here's the weirdest part: the PC doesn't even have to be turned on, it's just suffices that it's connected to the electrical outlet. It disappears immediately if I touch the PC frame, or in the case of using an amp when I touch the amp itself.

When plugged into mobile phones (with or without the DAC dongle) the buzzing doesn't happen. When I plug it on a battery-powered laptop it doesn't happen.

The issue persists also when changing cables, and it seems to be present only on the right piece.

Other than the issue described above, I can't hear any difference, disbalance or distortion in the sound between the left and right.

Obviously there's something happening with the right piece, but is it grounding-related or something? I live in a residential building, so the electrical wiring isn't of the DIY kind. My electrical engineering knowledge is seriously lacking. Could someone point me to what could be happening here and what are my options (short of returning them)?

I'm asking because I most probably won't be able to return them since they were bought directly from China, and it would be costly to ship them back.
I would say it’s a grounding or earth loop issue in your source. Does it happen on the laptop if it is not connected to AC ?

Feb 13, 2024 at 3:19 PM Post #4,229 of 4,271
I would say it’s a grounding or earth loop issue in your source. Does it happen on the laptop if it is not connected to AC ?
When the laptop is on battery-power only, i.e. not connected to the AC, I don't hear it anymore.

This brings me to a few other questions:

1. Can I risk damaging the IEM if I use it further?
2. Does that mean that the planar drivers in the 7Hz are too sensitive and pick up the ground/earth loop noise? If so, why only the one side and not the other?
3. Is there anything that I could do to make it go away, that doesn't involve re-wiring my apartment?

Feb 14, 2024 at 12:25 AM Post #4,230 of 4,271
Hi,
Firstly, I would advice you to NOT use computer for your source. Computers are the noisiest source one may use in the chain in general, no matter if there is a ground loop or not. Take away your music files from your comp and use a dedicated player (preferebly with SSD storage).
Second, it looks like a grounding issue, so you may need to call in an electrician to make measurements since the issue may cause big troubles.
Third, do not blame the Timeless - it is detecting the issue well, not creating it. So you have the issue also for the other iems/headphones but you do not hear it while it is still damaging the fidelity.
Forth, the easiest thing to do is change the wall socket you are using and if possible the line. In houses/apartments usually you have a heavy duty line/sockets for your cocking appliances and heating boiler and a low duty line for TV, hair driyer, iron,.. So change the line if possible, minimum the socket.
Otherwise, you may watch youtube how to kill grounding issues but at the end it is a try-change-endless game.
In most chaces it is the wall socket or the el. splitter to be to blame.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back