7Hz Impressions & Discussion
Dec 24, 2022 at 5:40 PM Post #3,437 of 4,275
Got the Timeless AE today.

It's not enough time to go deep into the sound but which eartips are the most neutral? The tips they come on the iem itself are good but the bass is strong, which I like but it's a bit dark on the upper end. For now I think with 1db less bass or more treble, it would be my endgame iem. The Timeless AE are very engaging and fun to listen. Are the other included eartips different in sound?

Dec 24, 2022 at 8:16 PM Post #3,439 of 4,275
Got the Timeless AE today.

It's not enough time to go deep into the sound but which eartips are the most neutral? The tips they come on the iem itself are good but the bass is strong, which I like but it's a bit dark on the upper end. For now I think with 1db less bass or more treble, it would be my endgame iem. The Timeless AE are very engaging and fun to listen. Are the other included eartips different in sound?
Moondrop Spring tips

Dec 25, 2022 at 2:54 AM Post #3,441 of 4,275
saw their isodynamic model - are they worth the money, are they comparable to ananda, for example
or i should stay on full-size headphones, it's good that more and more manufacturers are making isodynamic headphones especially cheap and in-ear.
There are a lot of ortho IEMs to choose from nowadays, and IMO they are all great in their own right.

I wouldn't compare them (yet) to something like the Ananda though. But to answer your question yes, the Timeless (either version) are worth the money. Just like any other head gear they DO have their strengths and weaknesses. To my ears the OG Hook-X have the least amount of weaknesses of the current mid-tier IEMs you can get.

There are some other major players in the field now too. Though there are a lot more, the ones that seem to have made the most impact thus far are the Letshuoer S12, and Dunu Talos, and Tinhifi P1 Max (AKA Panda). I still prefer the (grand daddy of them all) Tinhifi P1. For high-end, the CA Supermoon have been making a splash also.

Dec 25, 2022 at 2:56 AM Post #3,442 of 4,275
I would wait for the upcoming 2 DD release from 7Hz.
Hopefully this will be a good set, though 7Hz hasn't had very good luck with any of their DD line of IEMs thus far. The Timeless kind of really put them on the map IMHO. :)

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2022 at 6:43 AM Post #3,444 of 4,275
I‘ve tried the Timeless AE with the Moondrop Spring Tips.
The bass was in fact less strong, but the planar punch was completely gone.
It was not worth the slightly more treble.

On my iFi Zen Can I have a 3D button to "increase“ or open up the sound and overall soundstage. They sounded like my Celestee after that.

The Timeless AE are fun with great details and I will definitely need more time with them.
The sparkle on top is missing. Maybe the 1,200mW balanced from my Zen Can are to much and darken the sound even more.
I must try them on my FiiO Q1 Mark II.

I can wear them for hours and they‘re engaging. The overall dark sound is great for long listening sessions. The sound quality itself is amazing.

They‘re different from the other stuff that I have, but I think they will grow on me.

The biggest thing on these are "bad" or "thin“ recordings. They add somehow body to the songs, so they‘re pretty enjoyable.

Did anyone listen to Cradle of Filth (or Dani Filth) with them?
Dani‘s voice sound way different than on any of my other iems and headphones. He sound more clear I guess (?)

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2022 at 3:16 PM Post #3,445 of 4,275
Following :)

Dec 28, 2022 at 1:03 AM Post #3,447 of 4,275
I bought 7hz on Amazon. Tried them and returned them. I think they are over hyped up. Didn't have any bass whatsoever. I think all those YouTubers are paid by them to promote them.
While it doesn't surprise me that you returned them, I am a bit shocked at your comment on the bass. Either you are a super bass-head, or you did not get a good fit (or they were faulty). The bass is actually boosted on these. Granted, not to Beats level, but they are certainly NOT neutral.

Either way, sorry you had a bad experience with them.

Dec 28, 2022 at 1:12 AM Post #3,448 of 4,275
While it doesn't surprise me that you returned them, I am a bit shocked at your comment on the bass. Either you are a super bass-head, or you did not get a good fit (or they were faulty). The bass is actually boosted on these. Granted, not to Beats level, but they are certainly NOT neutral.

Either way, sorry you had a bad experience with them.
No, not really a bass-head. That was the main reason I got them because everyone was commenting on YouTube that they are heavy on the low ends but when I got them, I didn't get a punch at all. I contantacted 7hz and they said that they may have been defective and said it's okay to return and reorder. But I didn't bother. I got Variations and man...these are clean and balanced but they have MUCH more present bass than the 7hz that I got.

Dec 28, 2022 at 4:30 AM Post #3,450 of 4,275
No, not really a bass-head. That was the main reason I got them because everyone was commenting on YouTube that they are heavy on the low ends but when I got them, I didn't get a punch at all. I contantacted 7hz and they said that they may have been defective and said it's okay to return and reorder. But I didn't bother. I got Variations and man...these are clean and balanced but they have MUCH more present bass than the 7hz that I got.
Mmm, would you be more specific - they have more sub-bass or bass?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back