6SN7 Tube Addicts
Apr 2, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #6,017 of 7,413
  Hi guys,
Considering to get a Shuguang Treasure CV181-Z.

Are the tubes sold by http://psvanetube.com any different from those from ebay or other stores?
They say they only sell "select" grade tubes. Anyone got them from ebay and happy? Price diff is quite big.

Yes Grant Fidelity is a genuine importer distributor and retail vendor.  They are reliable and will only sell you the real thing. Most of the people who buy from them are happy with their tubes but I don't know about the grading or selection process..  I don't know of any other seller of Psvane or Treasures on Ebay  with those credentials.  I understand a lot of  ? counterfeit  and poor tubes are being sold on Ebay so you are right to be concerned. 
I have no  relationship with Grant Fidelity whatsoever.

May 2, 2017 at 11:22 PM Post #6,018 of 7,413
Just got the Project Ember for my self, after selling my Starlight last year. I'm going to try out the Electro Harmonix 6SN7, adhoc's thread seemed to like it so I'll see how it works!

May 5, 2017 at 5:48 AM Post #6,019 of 7,413
I ordered these tubes the other day in a spirit of scientific enquiry; I don't have them yet. They are labelled Fivre but look an awful lot like Sylvania 6SN7GTB. Does anyone know what they actually are?

$_1.JPG

Last edited:
May 5, 2017 at 8:23 AM Post #6,020 of 7,413
They certainly look like Sylvania. But I don't know if anyone knows for sure... In the end, your ears may be the best judge: If they sound like Sylvania, then they are Sylvania. :)

May 5, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #6,021 of 7,413
Indeed, thanks! There are at least a couple of other Italian websites I found selling the same looking tube so I think they are certainly legit. I will be interested to find out if they are rebrands or if Fivre somehow acquired toolings from Sylvania (they are identical to the Syl triangle plates down to the three-and-two rivet holes on the back of the plates)

May 5, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #6,022 of 7,413
Hello,

I will shortly be able to join the 6sn7 community !
So well, to not be "killed at view", can you point me some good money value tubes please ?

Thank you !

Last edited:
May 5, 2017 at 9:58 PM Post #6,023 of 7,413
Hello,

I will shortly be able to join the 6sn7 community !
So well, to not be "killed at view", can you point me some good money value tubes please ?

Thank you !

I'm actually going to compare the New Production Electro Harmonix 6sn7 EH and EH Gold, my amp arrived and I'm letting her warm up

May 6, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #6,025 of 7,413
Hitachi 6SN7GTB question:

I just won on auction 3 NIB Hitachi 6SN7GTB black plates ( re-branded as Tel-Rad ). These are the bottom square getter ones vs the more common top getter ITT branded Hitachi version. Lots of posts here on the Hitachi's, but often it's not clear as to which of these types are being discussed ( when of course there are no photos included ). If anyone has this Hitachi version , I would love to hear your take on these. I will post mine when they arrive.

Also, the date code is 8-8 as stated by the seller. From what I can ascertain from looking at a ton of info on the web, I think these are of earlier manufacture vs the top getter's and would likely be of 1958 manufacture?
Hitachi 6SN7GTB.jpeg
Here is the photo from the listing.

May 6, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #6,027 of 7,413
Really curious about your impression ! What is your amp ?
Well it appears side ways, but I'm running a Project Ember II from Garage 1217, and thus far I'm really impressed with the non gold 6SN7 EH, compared to the SE out on my old PB2 [rip] the 6sn7EH in the Ember, has a much richer tone, well controlled bass, good clean mids, good sound stage but I lose just a little bit of micro detail

emberntubes1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back