6SN7 Tube Addicts
Mar 2, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #3,977 of 7,413
Here are a couple of my FIVRE both GTA type one marked GT the other GTA.
I don't rely on the markings but the internal structure.

Mar 2, 2014 at 12:31 PM Post #3,978 of 7,413
  Here are a couple of my FIVRE both GTA type one marked GT the other GTA.
I don't rely on the markings but the internal structure.

The only structural difference visible to the eye appears to be the position of the getters? In your opinion, do the GTs and GTAs sound different? Unfortunately, as I just got them, I haven't had a chance to thoroughly audition and compare these tubes yet....

Mar 2, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #3,979 of 7,413
In my systems and my worn out and well used ears they do.

I find the GTA's (side getter) have a stronger bass.

Mar 3, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #3,985 of 7,413
Anyone have experience with Psvane CV181 ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Matched-Pair-Psvane-CV181-T-Mark-II-Vacuum-Tube-New-Premium-Grade-Treasure-Tube-/251170137281?pt=US_Amplifier_Parts_Components&hash=item3a7ae824c1

Mar 3, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #3,987 of 7,413

opps think i have one in my warchest....fired it up,
sounds huge, spacious, easy on the ears. not brittle sounding, not too warmish mushy..good thumppp.  
( when it was new, there was this gritty sound, but it went off after about 100hours. now its silent. )

just flipped thru a few genres...  hmmm... very Un-annoying. v enjoyable i must say :p

( Just switched to a TungSol GTB...oooh myyy...every naunces dived down a notch...as if a veil settled over my setup... :p )

( Slot in a Sylvania WGT, a livelier tube vs the TungSol..
sounded it has more "steel" in its sound than the PsVane.. the drumhit are more taut..hi hats brighter.. quite expansive sounding too. )

=============

ohhh my...just put back the PSVANE...took out the Sylvania...no adjectives come to mind..cept to say that its so LIFE LIKE

Mar 4, 2014 at 2:44 AM Post #3,988 of 7,413

opps think i have one in my warchest....fired it up,
sounds huge, spacious, easy on the ears. not brittle sounding, not too warmish mushy..good thumppp.  
( when it was new, there was this gritty sound, but it went off after about 100hours. now its silent. )

just flipped thru a few genres...  hmmm... very Un-annoying. v enjoyable i must say :p

( Just switched to a TungSol GTB...oooh myyy...every naunces dived down a notch...as if a veil settled over my setup... :p )

( Slot in a Sylvania WGT, a livelier tube vs the TungSol..
sounded it has more "steel" in its sound than the PsVane.. the drumhit are more taut..hi hats brighter.. quite expansive sounding too. )

=============

ohhh my...just put back the PSVANE...took out the Sylvania...no adjectives come to mind..cept to say that its so LIFE LIKE

Hmm.. have added the PSvane to Ebay watchlist , will probably pick it up sometime by end of this month. Have you ever tried any 6F8G tubes in your DV ?

Mar 4, 2014 at 3:16 AM Post #3,989 of 7,413
Not familiar with tat...so far jus stickg to 6sn7s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back