6SN7 Tube Addicts
Feb 8, 2012 at 4:22 AM Post #1,667 of 7,413
But of course, I knew I saw them somewhere, man, I need some good stimulating memory pills

THX

Quote:
Blackmore they are not the same tubes, yours are Tesla 6CC1 and Kiertijai's 6CC10.
I have both and sound wise they are nice but IMHO one should not pay too much for them.

If you look how the support rods are bent it says a lot about the quality.
You can see a detaild photo at an earlier post.
They were not very well made.
Jac who rebased some of mine confirmed that.

Feb 8, 2012 at 4:31 AM Post #1,668 of 7,413
Blackmore here is your stimulation:

Your 5 favorite 6SN7's!

Feb 8, 2012 at 5:28 AM Post #1,669 of 7,413

I agree with rosgr63, buy them only if they are cheap, but I saw them and the seller wants EUR330 for them, no go, if you ask me.

Quote:
Here is the description of that Tesla 6SN7 or 6CC110 (google translate from Japanese to English)
       unused 6CC10 of TESLA still have not seen at auction overseas, is an exhibition of the same Rottopea. TESLA is the age between 1940-50, there was a vacuum tube system compatible with two types of 6SN7. 6CC1 is a compatible product before and after 1950, until the end stage is 6CC10 from mid-1950s, is almost the same structurally.
The official name of this tube is 6CC10, was manufactured in the plant is the main factory ROZNOV of TESLA. No. 6CC10 is still called, is present in the vacuum tube system Number of Russian-made 6SN7, 6CC10 now is almost the same as 6N8S (6H8C) of so-called Eastern Europe Part structurally. Contents of this tube, and they are quite different, is a super super scarce goods deserve to be called a prototype of the structure of the original 6CC1 or 6CC10 this TESLA. The structure of this pre-tube has been very very similar to 5692, represented by the RCA, this support of five thick rod support spring spacers suppress the vibration plate with a small rib of length 25mm, at the top of mica, the mica sheets 3, It has characteristics such as the square getter in the top two. Vacuum tube with a similar structure that are essentially two types of 33S30B 5692, SWEDEN of RCA, of ERICSSON, or imitation or by chance, camp three major Western Europe, Scandinavia and Eastern Europe 1950 to the same vacuum tube system 6SN7 same concept happens to will be had to. Moreover, these three species has been manufacturing equipment for the military only as a radar tube and all. It was built is 5692 for RCA is 1951 By the way, because is the midst of the Cold War, there was a technology licensing from RCA were not considered to flow into Eastern Europe is 33S30B of ERICSSON of SWEDEN has received technical assistance of RCA probably I think that would be more natural to think of Te have been copied. This pair is old-fashioned look, the print has a half-moon-shaped country of MADE IN CZECHOSLOVAKIA under the print than all your left firmly, TESLA, that 6CC1. Is illegible, but apparently there is a production lot number on the opposite side of the glass. AT1000 vacuum tube as measured by the latest digital measuring instrument, of Amplitrex, the plate voltage is 250V, = 9.0mA expected value Em, = 2.6mA expected value of Gm for (2600mmhos), each pole, Em = 9.6mA 6 #, numeric value greater than the expected value also say Em = 9.6mA, and Gm = 3.4mA each pole, Em = 9.4mA, and Gm = 3.0mA, Em = 11.5mA, Gm = 3.4mA, and the # 8 Gm = 3.2mA, Because to achieve, we have determined that an unused item. 0.0μA leakage poles, gas is # 6 = 0.2-0.2mA, is 8 = 0.4-0.4mA #, 10mA are significantly below the allowable value of the approximate gas tube GT. Bulk goods for military use

Quote:
Blackmore they are not the same tubes, yours are Tesla 6CC1 and Kiertijai's 6CC10.
I have both and sound wise they are nice but IMHO one should not pay too much for them.

You can see a detaild photo at an earlier post.
They were not very well made.
Jac who rebased some of mine confirmed that.

Feb 8, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #1,670 of 7,413
If anybody has any experience with TS 6F8G black glass/black rib plates, I would very much apppreciate your impression, especially in comparison with the round plate type.  I also did not hear much about the flate plate type of TS 6F8G. 

Feb 8, 2012 at 10:47 AM Post #1,671 of 7,413
I agree with rosgr63, buy them only if they are cheap, but I saw them and the seller wants EUR330 for them, no go, if you ask me.

Thanks, I also think I will not go for this pair  450$ is too much.

If anybody has any experience with TS 6F8G black glass/black rib plates, I would very much apppreciate your impression, especially in comparison with the round plate type.  I also did not hear much about the flate plate type of TS 6F8G. 
    I only have the Tungsol 6F8G's VT99  round plate early version and another Tungsol 6F8G square plate? and the round plate version beat the other one easily IMO

Feb 8, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #1,672 of 7,413

Quote:
However as I read that they may not be direct replacement for the 6SN7 I never tried them on the BA. 

The 6CC10 is a direct replacement according to http://www.mif.pg.gda.pl/homepages/frank/short/054/2/275.pdf but you can also compare http://www.mif.pg.gda.pl/homepages/frank/short/032/6/6CC10.gif with http://www.mif.pg.gda.pl/homepages/frank/sheets/127/6/6SN7GT.pdf

Quote:

Couldn't that be by design, though?

Quote:
Blackmore, John57, Oskari, Rob N, we are waiting for your lists.

I've really only got a top 1 currently. It consists of the 6F8G by NU. Others I've liked include Fivre and Br. Tungsram.

Quote:
What did RCA use?

Quite possibly neither.

Quote:
The tube on the right was pretty much the end of the evolutionary line for Slyvania's tube development and was made in that style all the way up to the early 80's I believe.  I've never heard one myself but I don't see them all that highly spoken of.

That's perhaps not the most exciting tube on the planet but it's a good solid tube nevertheless.

Feb 8, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #1,673 of 7,413
Guys, who tried EH 6SN7 and what are your impressions?

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Feb 8, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #1,674 of 7,413
I tried those and I thought they were god awful.

Feb 8, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #1,675 of 7,413
And, Cary's $8500 top of the line pre amp ships with them!  I don't get it.

Feb 8, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #1,676 of 7,413
Did Dumont manufacture tubes or are they just someone else's relabel?

Feb 8, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #1,677 of 7,413
The DuMont company itself only made CRTs, and never
made receiving tubes. DuMont marketed relabeled tubes from numerous
sources many from Philips. I have 3DG4 tubes that said Dumont

Feb 8, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #1,678 of 7,413
Yeah, its hard to believe "our" Cary preamps ship with those awful EH's.  Then again, we both had better tubes to feed them.

I have some really nice Dumont 6BL7's that are Sylvanias.

Feb 8, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #1,679 of 7,413
I've really only got a top 1 currently. It consists of the 6F8G by NU. Others I've liked include Fivre and Br. Tungsram.
    @Oskari Thanks, It's the time that I revisit those tubes :NU 6F8G round plate, Fivre or SICTE 6SN7's, Tungsram's

Feb 8, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #1,680 of 7,413
I have a 5V3 labeled DuMont that was Sylvania made as well.  The whole thing rattles inside because the mica spacer isn't tight against the glass.  It gave me the impression that DuMont was re-selling B stock tubes from other makers.  Of course it could have simply happened from excessive handling of the tube as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back