50-90$ headphones
Mar 19, 2011 at 4:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

kulakovs

New Head-Fier
Hi. 
I really need your help choosing headphones. Here's what I need:
1)50-90$ budget
2)Very good sound quality. I prefer balanced and neutral sound.
3)Comfortable - so that I could use them for hours without my ears hurting
4)They're going to be used with Creative PC sound card, with no amp

I've really got no idea myself....

Mar 19, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #3 of 19
If it's okay if they're open, I would go for sr80i's.  I modded mine and they sound VERY good for the price and don't really need an amp.  Ad700 is probably another good bet, although I haven't personally heard them.

EDIT: I forgot you said neutral, if you want a very neutral sound, hd280 are good for that price range.

Mar 19, 2011 at 6:29 PM Post #4 of 19
Not really what you were asking for BUT for the money nothing can touch in-ear phones when powering directly from a sound card. Something like this: http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/home_en.nsf/root/private_headphones_mp3_classic-line_502737

You'll get all the bass and clarity and isolation you could wish for, something to think about.

If that's not an alternative you'll struggle to get more comfortable than this: http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/home_en.nsf/root/private_headphones_hifi_audiophile-headphones_504628

Mar 19, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #5 of 19
Here are some additional suggestions for ya:

Beyerdynamic DTX 910, DT 235

JVC HARX700, HARX900

All very good choices you have here especially the HARX models.

Mar 20, 2011 at 4:23 AM Post #12 of 19
Thanks for the replays. Answering to the question: I want only Full size (over ear) headphones. And I will be using them for gaming (little bit), but my primary concern is music quality.

Unfortunately, most of your recommended headphones cost double the Amazon price in my country. At reasonable prices I saw JVC HARX700 and Sennheiser 428 (looks like these are a bit too bassy) which both costs the same around ~60$ .

Mar 20, 2011 at 7:06 AM Post #14 of 19
Creative Aurvana Live!, buy from the official site.

Not exactly neutral, but it's very fun and musical. Very Comfortable. Circumaural for most ears except extremely big ears. Deep bass and Sparkly treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back