2359glenn | studio
Jul 21, 2022 at 5:27 PM Post #39,631 of 39,986
We don't have crazy glue here, but I'm almost certain that all types of super glue are CA based.
Looked it up:
Krazy Glue contains 99.95% ethyl cyanoacrylate and 0.05% acrylic.
Do you think it is a problem since I usually just put on a very small amount (maybe two drops) that I brush into the space between the tube socket and the glass?

Jul 21, 2022 at 11:58 PM Post #39,632 of 39,986
Looked it up:
Krazy Glue contains 99.95% ethyl cyanoacrylate and 0.05% acrylic.
Do you think it is a problem since I usually just put on a very small amount (maybe two drops) that I brush into the space between the tube socket and the glass?
In small amounts it's fine, that's why i said use sparingly. An issue might arise if it leaks in-between the pins.

Aug 29, 2022 at 10:39 AM Post #39,634 of 39,986
Hi guys, I haven't been in this thread for a very long time, and I come with bad news. Those of you who where here many years ago will certainly remember Clayton SF. I met Clayton over 10 years ago on a different site, and then we by chance connected here on Headfi as well. After a lot of online talking, we became friends and we travelled to see each other many times. We both own Glenn amps.

I am very sad to tell you today that he after an unfair fight with cancer has passed away a few days ago. I can't believe I am typing this here, he was such a nice guy and a great friend. He will be truly missed but never forgotten.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2022 at 10:43 AM Post #39,635 of 39,986
Hi guys, I haven't been in this thread for a very long time, and I come with bad news. Those of you who where here many years ago will certainly remember Clayton SF. I met Clayton over 10 years ago on a different site, and then we by chance connected here on Headfi as well. After a lot of online talking, we became friends and we travelled to see each other many times.

I am very sad to tell you today that he after an unfair fight with cancer has passed away a few days ago. I can't believe I am typing this here, he was such a nice guy and a great friend. He will be truly missed but never forgotten.

I'm so sorry for your loss, stay strong!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Aug 29, 2022 at 10:52 AM Post #39,636 of 39,986
Hi guys, I haven't been in this thread for a very long time, and I come with bad news. Those of you who where here many years ago will certainly remember Clayton SF. I met Clayton over 10 years ago on a different site, and then we by chance connected here on Headfi as well. After a lot of online talking, we became friends and we travelled to see each other many times.

Time unfortunately is flying by for all of us that have been on here for awhile . Sorry for your loss

Aug 29, 2022 at 11:01 AM Post #39,637 of 39,986
Hi guys, I haven't been in this thread for a very long time, and I come with bad news. Those of you who where here many years ago will certainly remember Clayton SF. I met Clayton over 10 years ago on a different site, and then we by chance connected here on Headfi as well. After a lot of online talking, we became friends and we travelled to see each other many times. We both own Glenn amps.

Very sorry to hear this Lieven.

Clayton was a wonderful person and a very dear friend.

I will miss him so much.

He's an angel amongst other angels.

Aug 29, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #39,639 of 39,986

Very sad news. Whenever somebody stops coming around for a long time I'm always afraid it's something like this. Always heart-breaking for it to turn out to be the case. He was one of the founding members of this group and will be fondly remembered.

Aug 29, 2022 at 5:14 PM Post #39,640 of 39,986

Oh no...that is so sad to hear. Clayton was super kind, a true lover of tube amps, and a real community member.
Way back when, I was blown away by his "wall of woo" at the time (I called it) and then followed in his footsteps (in my own way).
Finally starting to meet with people in the Bay Area again. Hoped to see a lot of the old crew sometime. Sorry to miss Clayton now...
wallOFwoo.jpg

Aug 30, 2022 at 7:14 AM Post #39,641 of 39,986
This is sad news indeed. My condolences to his family and friends. I am very glad that there are members here who share news like this. Although it is very tragic, it does give a way for the lost to have their community life here celebrated and witnessed. It sounds like Clayton was quite a nice person and this community has clearly lost a valued member. Rest in peace.

Aug 30, 2022 at 8:28 AM Post #39,642 of 39,986

So sorry to hear this. I never met him, but I much enjoyed his post and even more his pictures of his audio room.

R.I.P.

Aug 30, 2022 at 10:40 AM Post #39,643 of 39,986
In my 18 years here in HeadFi I never had the chance to meet Clayton in person but I really enjoyed and valued his posts.
RIP, I raise my glass and bow my head. 🙏

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Aug 30, 2022 at 7:29 PM Post #39,644 of 39,986
Fock cancer!
This one hurts...
I met Clayton in 2014 through this thread.
We both love to eat and drink and became fast friends.
We spent many Thursday evenings at El Amigo drinking excellent $5 margaritas.
Rachel the bartender would let him choose albums to spin.
Then we'd stumble to Pizza Hacker for a bite before he bussed home.
When Rachel left El Amigio we'd meet at Glen Park Station for cheap martinis and pizza at Gialina's
Sundays he often came over to make Sunday gravy and drink wine.
There were dozens of great meals at Capital, our favorite Chinese joint.
He always came over for Christmas and Thanksgiving. He was family.

Clayton was a star.
He was kind and smart and a good friend.
He had too many amps...a whole closet full of boxes.
He didn't roll tubes, he rolled amps!
It was silly.
He loved music even more than amps.
He worked at Tower Records as a teen in Honolulu and music stuck with him.
He might have loved food even more than music.
It's what we talked about most.

Through Covid, then cancer, we couldn't hang out.
We kept hoping he'd get better.
He deserved better.
I miss my friend.
I didn't get to say goodbye.
I hope to see him again...
Fock cancer!

Aug 30, 2022 at 7:34 PM Post #39,645 of 39,986
Fock cancer!
This one hurts...
I met Clayton in 2014 through this thread.
We both love to eat and drink and became fast friends.
We spent many Thursday evenings at El Amigo drinking excellent $5 margaritas.
Rachel the bartender would let him choose albums to spin.
Then we'd stumble to Pizza Hacker for a bite before he bussed home.
When Rachel left El Amigio we'd meet at Glen Park Station for cheap martinis and pizza at Gialina's
Sundays he often came over to make Sunday gravy and drink wine.
There were dozens of great meals at Capital, our favorite Chinese joint.
He always came over for Christmas and Thanksgiving. He was family.

Clayton was a star.
He was kind and smart and a good friend.
He had too many amps...a whole closet full of boxes.
He didn't roll tubes, he rolled amps!
It was silly.
He loved music even more than amps.
He worked at Tower Records as a teen in Honolulu and music stuck with him.
He might have loved food even more than music.
It's what we talked about most.

Through Covid, then cancer, we couldn't hang out.
We kept hoping he'd get better.
He deserved better.
I miss my friend.
I didn't get to say goodbye.
I hope to see him again...
Fock cancer!
Great tribute to who sounds like a wonderful human. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back