2359glenn | studio
Feb 3, 2020 at 6:09 PM Post #35,341 of 39,983
Can we go back to the old forum structure? :sob:

I find the search function terrible in the new structure. You can't search a keyword within a thread!

And you can't search for threads within a sub-forum either! Say, you want to search for "tube" under the ForSales sub-forum, it will return a bunch of disordered threads where you can't find which ones are the newly listed.

I am still trying to acquaint myself with the new structure, but so far very frustrated...:sob:

Feb 3, 2020 at 6:25 PM Post #35,342 of 39,983
Can we go back to the old forum structure? :sob:

I find the search function terrible in the new structure. You can't search a keyword within a thread!

And you can't search for threads within a sub-forum either! Say, you want to search for "tube" under the ForSales sub-forum, it will return a bunch of disordered threads where you can't find which ones are the newly listed.

I am still trying to acquaint myself with the new structure, but so far very frustrated...:sob:
Its funny. Every time they make changes everyone wants to go back to the old one,the same old one that everyone complained about previously.

You need to go to search>choose where to look>advanced search>choose your parameters>profit.

Feb 3, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #35,343 of 39,983
Its funny. Every time they make changes everyone wants to go back to the old one,the same old one that everyone complained about previously.

You need to go to search>choose where to look>advanced search>choose your parameters>profit.

Funny indeed, but I think there're some reasons behind it. The main challenge is that people need time to acquaint themselves with the new interface, I believe.

That aside, using the "Search" function from the top-right corner I WAS able to search a keyword within a thread. I was previously using the "Search forums" menu in the middle of the menu bar but with no success.

However, I still couldn't get the list of newly listed "tubes" under the ForSale sub-forum. In the advanced search I can only choose Order by Relevance and get a bunch of DISORDERED threads. If I choose Order by Most Recent, then it will return nothing.

In the old interface, all you have to do is to fill in your keyword to the small search box above the thread or threads, it is as simple as that. Now it's becoming so complicated yet you can't get what you're looking for. :sob:

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2020 at 6:59 PM Post #35,344 of 39,983
In the past I noticed that bugs became fixed when the people in charge were notified. Suggest you direct your complaints to the people that manage the web site.
And yes, I hate learning curves!

Feb 3, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #35,345 of 39,983
I don't know where to report the problem. I searched all sub-forums but it seemed nowhere could I find a place/thread to report.

I remember people were discussing the malfunctioning notification function sometime earlier here, so I think it might be a good place to ask.

Feb 3, 2020 at 7:36 PM Post #35,347 of 39,983
Funny indeed, but I think there're some reasons behind it. The main challenge is that people need time to acquaint themselves with the new interface, I believe.

That aside, using the "Search" function from the top-right corner I WAS able to search a keyword within a thread. I was previously using the "Search forums" menu in the middle of the menu bar but with no success.

However, I still couldn't get the list of newly listed "tubes" under the ForSale sub-forum. In the advanced search I can only choose Order by Relevance and get a bunch of DISORDERED threads. If I choose Order by Most Recent, then it will return nothing.

In the old interface, all you have to do is to fill in your keyword to the small search box above the thread or threads, it is as simple as that. Now it's becoming so complicated yet you can't get what you're looking for. :sob:
Post here. Im conversing with a mod currently on other bugs

https://www.head-fi.org/forums/feedback-bug-reports.5620/

Feb 3, 2020 at 7:47 PM Post #35,349 of 39,983
I don't know where to report the problem. I searched all sub-forums but it seemed nowhere could I find a place/thread to report.
PM @joe (I already did...)

Feb 3, 2020 at 7:55 PM Post #35,350 of 39,983
PM @joe (I already did...)
Its actually @AxelCloris that needs to be addressed,but theyre swamped. I have stumbled across five separate bugs personally.
Theres always issues when this stuff happens. :frowning2:

Feb 3, 2020 at 10:20 PM Post #35,352 of 39,983
Hi gibosi,
Here is possible meaning of the sequence of numbers starting with 5960 - xx - xxx-xxxx printed on some tube boxes.
1580785090524.png

These are NATO numbers, as 5960-XX-000-YYYY where XX is the country code, and YYYY is the CV number. For example, 5960-99-000-4004 = CV4004 (12AX7WA), with 99 indicating country of origin as UK.
The above picture shows the numbers 5960.99.000.1067
5960 = NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization)
99 = UK
000 - ?
1067 = is the CV number 1067 aka L63/6J5
However, other such number sequences starting on 5960 that I have seen have fewer numbers and don't seem to indicate country of origin or tube designation.
Possibly all the 5960 marked boxes were for NATO use?

Feb 3, 2020 at 11:44 PM Post #35,353 of 39,983
The site change feels like a collab between Facebook and Head-Fi. Do not want.

Feb 4, 2020 at 4:32 AM Post #35,354 of 39,983
site feels and looks clunky... i used to log on a few times a day to kill free time. now i check just once and hurry back to my music

Feb 4, 2020 at 4:37 AM Post #35,355 of 39,983
IMG_20200204_173242.jpg

This roll has not been touched since I put it in - GEC U52 rectifier, Mullard ECC32, Sylvania 6BL7GT flat plates. Really good with the ZMF Verite!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back