2359glenn | studio
Jan 31, 2020 at 11:09 AM Post #35,311 of 39,986
I spoke to Slawa and here is what he had to say about these interconnects:

The ones in the picture are one of my prototypes made of 12 braided fine silver conductors with varying geometry.

At the moment there is not a single dealer who has our cables simply because cabling is not offered through channels of distribution.

If someone is interested, please forward my email address or ask to contact us directly- thank you.

They are gorgeous in person too FYI.
I cannot but wonder how $$$ they would be... I have been auditioning and A/B-ing freakin' expensive RCA cables to my existing not-cheap RCA cables. Differences are small, at least to my ears, but they are there! Interestingly, I could not detect them at first - running the risk of starting a new burn-in wars I would say that I am starting to think that burn-in is a real thing for cables.

Jan 31, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #35,312 of 39,986
I spoke to Slawa and here is what he had to say about these interconnects:

The ones in the picture are one of my prototypes made of 12 braided fine silver conductors with varying geometry.

At the moment there is not a single dealer who has our cables simply because cabling is not offered through channels of distribution.

If someone is interested, please forward my email address or ask to contact us directly- thank you.

They are gorgeous in person too FYI.
+1 wanting to know pricing and contact info.

Jan 31, 2020 at 12:59 PM Post #35,313 of 39,986
@2359glenn I heard Zachik's OTL EL3N amp is next, then my custom SET amp 'El Darwin'. Do you have any status updates on his amp, or mine? Also for a special reason I'm interested to know, about how many watts will my amp put out on the 8 ohm speaker tap?
Corrected what you "heard"... :wink:

Jan 31, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #35,314 of 39,986
+1 wanting to know pricing and contact info.
I don't know pricing, but based purely on the raw quantity of cores and the material (silver), I expect them to be expensive (whatever that means).

You can contact him via http://sw1xad.co.uk/.

Feb 2, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #35,315 of 39,986
Whoa! Head-fi has a new look but everything seems to be working fine. :)

2020-01-15 20.08.23.jpg

Feb 2, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #35,316 of 39,986
Whoa! Head-fi has a new look but everything seems to be working fine. :)

Whoa...nice looking rectifier Ken...crazy plates....what is it ?

New look seems ok.

I just lost my set of audio engine 5 speakers that we used in the basement....surfing for a set of powered bookshelf speakers now.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #35,318 of 39,986
Whoa...nice looking rectifier Ken...crazy plates....what is it ?

New look seems ok.

I just lost my set of audio engine 5 speakers that we used in the basement....surfing for a set of powered bookshelf speakers now.

"Lost"?? Perhaps a friend or relative absconded with them? :)

That rectifier is a bit of mystery. :)

The vendor told me he believes it is a Klangfilm. However, there are no markings of any kind on the tube to help identify it. On the glass pinch, the number "2.5" is written. But this probably suggests that it has a 2.5 amp heater as I often see the heater currrent written on the pinch of these old 4-volt rectifiers. So again, it is a bit of a mystery.

That said, we know that Klangfilm did manufacture their own vacuum tubes in the early days, but later tubes were sourced from Telefunken. Comparing the construction of Klangfilm and Telefunken rectifiers I see on eBay, they look very similar, if not identical. Moreover, the Klangfilm tubes usually carry Telefunken date codes! So I am inclined to believe that the vast majority of the Klangfilm tubes I see on eBay were in fact manufactured by Telefunken.

So it may well be wishful thinking on my part, but it is certainly possible that this is a "real" Klangfilm KL76303, which is equivalent to the Telefunken RGN2504. The construction of this tube "exudes" quality to my eyes. Morever, I have never seen another tube anything like it. So if it isn't a Klangfilm, then I have absolutely no idea who made it. It is a mystery. :)

Feb 2, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #35,319 of 39,986
Finally! Landed a matched pair of NOS GEC L63s from the 1950s. I have lost so many auctions by a few dollars in the past several months I thought I'd never get a pair. I really need to figure out how to use the Sniper app. :/

From the photos it looks like one tube is slightly larger than the other,but the seller is well known and has a good reputation,so im hoping they sound the same.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Feb 2, 2020 at 2:57 PM Post #35,320 of 39,986
Finally! Landed a matched pair of NOS GEC L63s from the 1950s. I have lost so many auctions by a few dollars in the past several months I thought I'd never get a pair. I really need to figure out how to use the Sniper app. :/

From the photos it looks like one tube is slightly larger than the other,but the seller is well known and has a good reputation,so im hoping they sound the same.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

eBay sniper

https://www.gixen.com/index.php

Feb 2, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #35,321 of 39,986
"Lost"?? Perhaps a friend or relative absconded with them? :)

That rectifier is a bit of mystery. :)

The vendor told me he believes it is a Klangfilm. However, there are no markings of any kind on the tube to help identify it. On the glass pinch, the number "2.5" is written. But this probably suggests that it has a 2.5 amp heater as I often see the heater currrent written on the pinch of these old 4-volt rectifiers. So again, it is a bit of a mystery.

That said, we know that Klangfilm did manufacture their own vacuum tubes in the early days, but later tubes were sourced from Telefunken. Comparing the construction of Klangfilm and Telefunken rectifiers I see on eBay, they look very similar, if not identical. Moreover, the Klangfilm tubes usually carry Telefunken date codes! So I am inclined to believe that the vast majority of the Klangfilm tubes I see on eBay were in fact manufactured by Telefunken.

So it may well be wishful thinking on my part, but it is certainly possible that this is a "real" Klangfilm KL76303, which is equivalent to the Telefunken RGN2504. The construction of this tube "exudes" quality to my eyes. Morever, I have never seen another tube anything like it. So if it isn't a Klangfilm, then I have absolutely no idea who made it. It is a mystery. :)

That is a very nice find sir :)

That is just the difference in size of the glass envelope no worries...tubes should be find...congrats.

Feb 2, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #35,322 of 39,986

Feb 2, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #35,324 of 39,986

s-l1600 (1).jpg
Well done - fair price. You're opening yourself to be outbid though by bidding a day early. By bidding early, you give the snipers an idea of what their snipe amount should be. Did you ask Lamberto if he has any more of those Fivre 6J5GT black plates? Could save on shipping...

Did you see how much his EL37 old/bulbous shape tubes went for!? Wow. Didn't look any different to this one I picked up from Australia last year:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-MULLARD-EL37-Valve-Tube-Made-In-England-TESTED-95-/153750792459

Feb 2, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #35,325 of 39,986
Hi M0,
I know that you have some of the metal 6J5 tubes and I am very curious how these L63 GEC tubes compare to them.
Please post your impressions once you receive them.
I have only the Ken Rad and Sylvania VT135 metal bases. Unfortunately my Sylvanias make popping and crackling noises that I mentioned awhile back. I just bought another pair of Sylvania 12J5s,but non metal base. When I find some time I will do your soldering iron treatment on the VT135s. I have a search for another pair up,but I havent seen another NOS pair pop up in awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back