2359glenn | studio
Feb 2, 2020 at 4:12 PM Post #35,326 of 39,986
Well done - fair price. You're opening yourself to be outbid though by bidding a day early. By bidding early, you give the snipers an idea of what their snipe amount should be. Did you ask Lamberto if he has any more of those Fivre 6J5GT black plates? Could save on shipping...

Did you see how much his EL37 old/bulbous shape tubes went for!? Wow. Didn't look any different to this one I picked up from Australia last year:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-MULLARD-EL37-Valve-Tube-Made-In-England-TESTED-95-/153750792459
Yeah I know im not the most strategic eBayer around. I do have the snipe app. I guess I should actually use it. :)
I didnt ask Lamberto about the Fivre's. I have two more LessLoss power cords on loan from Constantin here,and the difference theyre making in my system is profound. I have one each running into my Aurender,TRP, and GOTL. At $1050.00 a pop,most all of my cash is going towards purchasing those,and then down the line a 4th power cable for my Rogue Audio Cronos Magnum. I have set aside some cash for what you and I discussed previously if youre still down for that.

Feb 2, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #35,327 of 39,986
Yeah I know im not the most strategic eBayer around. I do have the snipe app. I guess I should actually use it. :)
I didnt ask Lamberto about the Fivre's. I have two more LessLoss power cords on loan from Constantin here,and the difference theyre making in my system is profound. I have one each running into my Aurender,TRP, and GOTL. At $1050.00 a pop,most all of my cash is going towards purchasing those,and then down the line a 4th power cable for my Rogue Audio Cronos Magnum. I have set aside some cash for what you and I discussed previously if youre still down for that.
I'm going to send you one of my expensive and very well made power cords when I also send you the tubes, so you can compare to those other power cords.

Feb 2, 2020 at 5:10 PM Post #35,329 of 39,986
I'm going to send you one of my expensive and very well made power cords when I also send you the tubes, so you can compare to those other power cords.
I am curious: which power cords are those?
I have couple things on my wishlist above the power cords, and shelling $1K for each power cord is just not realistic with my other plans!

Feb 2, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #35,330 of 39,986
I am curious: which power cords are those?
I have couple things on my wishlist above the power cords, and shelling $1K for each power cord is just not realistic with my other plans!
They are not $1000 cords, but still expensive. I'd rather not say what they are until monster has given them a try.

Feb 2, 2020 at 9:18 PM Post #35,331 of 39,986
Feb 3, 2020 at 3:11 AM Post #35,333 of 39,986
Fair enough! Will be awaiting @Monsterzero verdict :wink:
Well, Lefty's power cables are going to have to really rock my world for me to switch. I firmly believe in supporting companies and individuals who not only take their time to speak to you honestly,vs. someone who is simply trying to make a sale,but also those who go out of their way to actually lend you products to try in your home.

I tried for a very long time to get high end DACs on loan prior to buying the Lampizator. I contacted many of the heavy hitters in the industry and many wouldnt even bother answering my emails. Fred @ Lampizator NA (@Gopher ) was the first to step up and loan me a DAC,and I bought it. Similarly Constantin @ Atelier-13 stepped up and loaned me these cables,shipped them on his dime,and didnt ask for a deposit. So I bought them. Both Fred and Constantin went out of their way to help me improve my system when others ignored me,so I support them by purchasing from them. Of course it certainly helps that they both represent fantastic sounding gear!

Perhaps Leftside's cables might be able to hang with mine,perhaps even better than what I have,and when I report back I will be honest about what Im hearing,but im big on principles and as I said support those who helped me. :)

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2020 at 3:36 AM Post #35,334 of 39,986
Hey I'm wondering is someone may have an answer for this: Is there any audible loss in sonic purity by having two vs. one set of RCA inputs on a highly resolving amp? I was thinking about asking for 2 sets of inputs on my Glenn SET amp, but my logic is that the signal path increases if both are connected in parallel - the input signal not only flowing into the amp but also back through the other cable and into the other device; even without anything connected on the other side it still flows through the extra connectors / wires. Does this hold any merit or is it generally not audible?

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2020 at 4:40 AM Post #35,335 of 39,986
Hey I'm wondering is someone may have an answer for this: Is there any audible loss in sonic purity by having two vs. one set of RCA inputs on a highly resolving amp? I was thinking about asking for 2 sets of inputs on my Glenn SET amp, but my logic is that the signal path increases if both are connected in parallel - the input signal not only flowing into the amp but also back through the other cable and into the other device; even without anything connected on the other side it still flows through the extra connectors / wires. Does this hold any merit or is it generally not audible?

Not a good idea unless you have multiple inputs.
The second source will load down the signal from the first source.

Feb 3, 2020 at 4:51 AM Post #35,336 of 39,986
Yup, that's what I meant that the 2nd source would degrade the sound from the first source. I recall on a former amp with multiple inputs, this would sometimes seem to mess with the current making the volume surge erratically too. By multiple inputs, do you mean switchable? I don't want to trouble you for another switch and that would add a longer signal path anyway.

Feb 3, 2020 at 5:24 AM Post #35,337 of 39,986
Not a good idea unless you have multiple inputs.
The second source will load down the signal from the first source.
So does the same logic could apply for the multiple pre-outs as well.

Feb 3, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #35,339 of 39,986
Feb 3, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #35,340 of 39,986
An interesting book arrived today:

2020-02-03 12.41.26.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back