2359glenn | studio
Dec 9, 2018 at 12:24 AM Post #23,941 of 39,986
30 mins with C3gs and 6 x 6bx7gt and it's singing beautifully with no ill effects. Forgot how lovely this combo can sound. So lively and crystal clear and sweet. Amp is perfect and will stay this way. :)

The inside of the amp still look perfect after one year. Nice.

IMG-2155.JPG

Dec 9, 2018 at 12:45 AM Post #23,942 of 39,986
30 mins with C3gs and 6 x 6bx7gt and it's singing beautifully with no ill effects. Forgot how lovely this combo can sound. So lively and crystal clear and sweet. Amp is perfect and will stay this way. :)

The inside of the amp still look perfect after one year. Nice.

Your amp definitely looks fantastic,,,will last you a lifetime...!

Me, running C3g 5998 and 4x 6BX7's and agree,,,WOW!

Glenn very smart to make sure we had C3g sockets in this amp.

Cheers :)

Dec 9, 2018 at 1:18 AM Post #23,944 of 39,986
Actually, I was the one who first asked Glenn to put C3g sockets in an OTL. As usual, he said sure, but he didn't know if they would sound good. lol :)

You are to be applauded G because nothing will sound like a c3g. It's crystal clear and my ears loves details.

I have a question G. Can a 12AT7 tube be used in a 12AU7 to 6sn7 adapter?

Dec 9, 2018 at 1:22 AM Post #23,945 of 39,986
Actually, I was the one who first asked Glenn to put C3g sockets in an OTL. As usual, he said sure, but he didn't know if they would sound good. lol :)

Oh, I see! Well thank you, Ken for suggesting it! They are _the_ premium tube! So dynamic and clean,

You also suggested the ECC804, and I consider that tube to also be superb, Sounds very much like the C3g's as well.

Your years of listening experience has benefited many!

Thanks, again!!

:)

Dec 9, 2018 at 2:32 AM Post #23,947 of 39,986
The tube combo to finish off the weekend is Philips Miniwatt FDD20 with 6 x 6bx7gt. Superb clarity and the bass gets better each time I listen to it.

IMG-2157.JPG

Dec 9, 2018 at 5:17 AM Post #23,951 of 39,986
I'll tell you this much Joe. I like the GOTL so much that I'll really consider the Yamamoto sockets if I am going to send it back to USA.

This amp will be made new and it will stay with me for keeps. With all the tubes I've collected, I'm not letting this amp go.

Heck no, don't let it go! You already have all of the tubes you would ever need, and damn good ones at that.
This is the amp that you dreamed about!

I understand your thinking, it is a lot of money for tube sockets, but you know how much you love it and it will be with you forever.
They way that you roll tubes I think it would benefit you in the long run.

Glenn's stock sockets are nice, and I only roll tubes once every couple of weeks or maybe even a month at this point. I like the different tones as you do :)

Are these Chinese adapters for side pin tubes??
The Chinese side pin tube sockets are terrible. They work for the first couple of times removing the tubes then the sockets are lose making bad contact.

Yes sir,so easy to insert and fit is solid. No need to mess with the side pin contacts on these sockets.

Dec 9, 2018 at 5:24 AM Post #23,952 of 39,986

Yes, and look how that turned out. Put these in the drivers seat and all power tubes sound good!
Being able to use them with no adapter is wonderful.

Dec 9, 2018 at 6:06 AM Post #23,953 of 39,986
I bought 3 pairs of NOS c3g in their original boxes. In the early days (that's almost a year ago), 2 pairs always hums or oscillates so I don't use them much. I kept it aside. Now I pull them out and try them all. They are all quiet now ! What happen?

So with 3 pairs of c3gs, they will outlive me. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back