2359glenn | studio
Feb 17, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #8,521 of 39,998
It may have taken a few hours and a few hundreds miles but the aroma from Clayton's plate just hit me wirelessly! 
tongue_smile.gif

images

Feb 17, 2014 at 2:52 AM Post #8,523 of 39,998
  You and Steven should not be showing me pictures of food............

I had breakfast but I am hungry now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Breakfast. I knew I was forgetting something today!

I need one of those cables to, but then banana plug to mini xlr. Clayton, unless you want to blow your speakers on the HD650 or play it extremely loud, I wouldn't hook them up on the speaker out

Feb 17, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #8,524 of 39,998
I have a couple of these cables for my AKG K1000, they are called pig tails.

I wouldn't use them for any other headphone but the K1000. 

Feb 17, 2014 at 5:23 AM Post #8,528 of 39,998

I've had mine leashed to more than the Aleph running the HE-6, but I have yet to test the T1 using them.

Sounds like a plan for tomorrow. 
blink.gif

But... it is tomorrow. 
normal_smile .gif
 We wanna know. And granted, I watch the volume but yeah, I routinely push through 265 watts per channel! 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 17, 2014 at 5:30 AM Post #8,530 of 39,998
I think you two are crazy..............

Feb 17, 2014 at 5:33 AM Post #8,532 of 39,998
I surpassed the crazy stage a long time ago, I am even worse now!!!!!!!

Feb 17, 2014 at 6:57 AM Post #8,534 of 39,998
The resistors is to protect you from yourself. Without the resistors there is nothing stopping you
from turning the volume up and blowing your headphones.
I suppose if you have self control you can hook the headphones up direct it will sound better. But if
you leave the volume turned up and feed signal into the amp. Buy buy headphones and maybe your ears.
Plus on a tube amp with a output transformer it should have the proper load or the output transformer can arc over.

Feb 17, 2014 at 7:06 AM Post #8,535 of 39,998
  The resistors is to protect you from yourself. Without the resistors there is nothing stopping you
from turning the volume up and blowing your headphones.
I suppose if you have self control you can hook the headphones up direct it will sound better. But if
you leave the volume turned up and feed signal into the amp. Buy buy headphones and maybe your ears.
Plus on a tube amp with a output transformer it should have the proper load or the output transformer can arc over.

Absolutely. I use resistors on the tube monos. It is the big bad solid state Sansui G-22000 I'm running naked @ 265wpc. However, I watch the volume and the volume control knob has an inner lock ring one can set to not accidentally exceed. Additionally, when I power-on I always make sure the volume is at zero and cans unplugged.

That said, once everything is proper, yum-o!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back