2359glenn | studio
Aug 1, 2013 at 12:47 PM Post #3,931 of 39,986
Quote:
Stavros, the Lafigaro 339 uses two 6AS7 power tubes and 2 6J4P input tubes. The 6SJ7/5693 are direct replacements. I alreadu use EF80 with an adapter as input tube and now we want to try the C3G as replacement. There are no 6SN7 involved at all.

Ok?

Fine because the amp is using two 6SJ7 which are like one 6SN7.
The 6SJ7 is 1/2 a 6SN7.
Glenn's OTL's, SinglePower and others that use one 6SN7 driver need a tween type adapter.

Quote:
Stavros when I get caught up I will make you a twin C3g adapter that will work
in your OTL amps.

First I have to find one more 6BL7 flat plate. I have three when I get four I will send them
and you will have all six and be able to try them.

Glenn, our friend sent me 2 beautiful flat plate 6BL7's amongst the other nice tubes so I am fine.
I am very pleased to know you are helping me cure my addiction by introducing me to more tubes!!!!!!!!

deadhorse.gif

Aug 1, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #3,932 of 39,986
Quote:

Fine because the amp is using two 6SJ7 which are like one 6SN7.
The 6SJ7 is 1/2 a 6SN7.
Glenn's OTL's, SinglePower and others that use one 6SN7 driver need a tween type adapter.

Glenn, our friend sent me 2 beautiful flat plate 6BL7's amongst the other nice tubes so I am fine.
I am very pleased to know you are helping me cure my addiction by introducing me to more tubes!!!!!!!!

deadhorse.gif

But you need six flat plate 6BL7s to see how they sound. I got 3 we need one more to make 6.
You know I am crazy who else would make a amp like that. It is not bad for your addiction
just lets you try different flavors of sound the 6BL7 was one of them.

By the way I like getting spanked and so does L

Aug 1, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #3,933 of 39,986
Quote:
By the way I like getting spanked and so does L

Boy, and people call me naughty!

Don't resist it. You need more tubes for your brand spanking new Glenn Amp!

I'm taking pictures tonight of my Glenn Monomonos. They now have adapters for the RK60, just like Ultra-'s, except I have two of them. I like to follow Ultra-'s lead with Glenn pulling us all along like the obligatory caboose! All aboard!

Stavros--keep in mind: Tube and Food. Tube and Food. A great combo for a great life. And right now, I want a gigantic hamburger.

Aug 1, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #3,936 of 39,986
Quote:
C, let us know what you think of the 1641 in your monos

The RK60 has clarity clarity clarity. It has extended sparkle. The lows are not quite there yet but I can tell they will be. I installed 2 brand new Raytheon RK60s so they have to burn in. But I like it the best so far. The Russian 5U4G black plates is also very good but the RK60 seems to have a slight edge over it.

Aug 1, 2013 at 3:46 PM Post #3,937 of 39,986
Quote:

Boy, and people call me naughty!

Don't resist it. You need more tubes for your brand spanking new Glenn Amp!

I'm taking pictures tonight of my Glenn Monomonos. They now have adapters for the RK60, just like Ultra-'s, except I have two of them. I like to follow Ultra-'s lead with Glenn pulling us all along like the obligatory caboose! All aboard!

Stavros--keep in mind: Tube and Food. Tube and Food. A great combo for a great life. And right now, I want a gigantic hamburger.

Clayton please help, I'll only think and talk food, nothing else.
I'll be good.
I'll try to be good........

Aug 1, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #3,938 of 39,986
Quote:
Clayton please help, I'll only think and talk food, nothing else.
I'll be good.
I'll try to be good........

Last night I was wondering if I could cook some shrimp over the 300B tubes but I didn't.

Aug 1, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #3,939 of 39,986
Check out the AVVT 32B SL..................they can do the shrimp I think.

But now I am confused food + tubes????

That's way too much for me, I am trying to keep things simple.

Bendix 6080

6336A

They all get hot, maybe we can use them too............

Aug 1, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #3,940 of 39,986
Quote:

So when we show up on your doorstep in Greece, we'll have to clear your picnic table of all your amps and tubes and just eat our way through Greece's food pleasures. With an occasional beverage or three.

Aug 1, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #3,942 of 39,986
Quote:
Clayton there are plenty of food pleasures in Greece.
When are we going ? I know ware he lives.

Stavros won't tell me where he lives because he's afraid that I will mail him the entire NOS tube inventory of Europe and beyond.

Usually the months of July and August are the best for me. Work-wise and financially.

I have to start to work out my arms so that I can have strong arms to hold on to those floaters that Stavros has marked for us. They should manufacture a plastic floater in the shape of a vacuum tube like the 300B, complete with blow-up black-plate inserts. Hah!

I flew a camera drone over to Stavros's house and took this photo of his basement.

Aug 1, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #3,944 of 39,986
Quote:

That's way too much for me, I am trying to keep things simple.

Bendix 6080

6336A

How about food IN a tube?

My son and I helping ourselves to Bratwurst and Hot Dogs on the Deck. Cookies for desert...Naturally! 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back