2359glenn | studio
Jul 29, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #3,902 of 39,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nice stuff. care to explain why these units exactly and what their specs are?

Just flagged the SPAM above, our Bistro deserves 
biggrin.gif
better. 

Anyway, after a long and difficult struggle this year to even set foot inside the listening room, things finally came together. Initially, I saved up for and sought WA5 monoblocks. But Jack (WooAudio) was unable to spec the amp to my requirements. Technically possible but my special request would have been disruptive to business and profit. Also too complicated without being tested. It had to do with the way the transformer is tapped for the K1K Output on the WA5 stereo amp. 

Then turned my attention to getting some Yamamoto kit which I long admired. Before the weekend I realized I reached my savings goal and was ready to buy the Yammo. I  had also long admired Shindo gears but could never afford them. Periodically, I'd follow Matt's adventures from Pitch Perfect Audio, who specializes in Shindo kit. I was on the website looking around prior to ordering my A-09S from the Importer for Yamamoto. 

Suddenly in that instance, I decided to engage Matt and just have a conversation about the
rolleyes.gif
 kits. WELL, we see how that went. I ended up forgoing other personal purchases to make it work but I am happy. Years ago, I wanted the Shindo 300B but still can't afford it. The F2a is my crawl before I walk phase. 
normal_smile .gif

Push-Pull design @ 40 wpc; each block weighs 40 lbs. Can't remember the signal-to-noise ration, cross-talk, noise floor ect, though I've seen it a few times. At some point year-end I hope to pair some small and very efficient speakers. In the mean time, gonna listen via headphones.

Jul 29, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #3,903 of 39,986
Quote:
He never said that.

Oops sorry. I misunderstood. Never mind. :p
Frank I owns the WA5 (lucky guy) so if he says that the WA7 is very, very good, then that's a very, very good recommendation!

Quote:
I really love the look of those Zu speakers... really want to get a pair when I have a bit more room than for just standmounts.
Are those Glenn monoblocks powering them?

Yes, Glenn's monoblocks are powering the Zu Omens. They are very efficient speakers and they sound absolutely wonderful.

Jul 29, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #3,904 of 39,986
Jul 29, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #3,905 of 39,986
Clayton make sure you check New Cool Collective's latest release Chin Chin before you fly to Amsterdam.

Jul 29, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #3,906 of 39,986
Quote:
Clayton make sure you check New Cool Collective's latest release Chin Chin before you fly to Amsterdam.

Okay thanks. I shall download it tonight. Perhaps it will be great to listen to while inflight, drinking and relaxing. You know, those international flights serve free liquor and good stuff too. Especially on KLM, Royal Dutch Airlines. They serve beers and all sorts of spirits and the flight attendant comes around with a bottle of cognac after they serve dinner. Fasten you seat belts! My flight is almost 11 hours so I get served dinner and breakfast and they have an all-you-can eat candy cart that you can help yourself to during the flight. They should have a cookie cart.

Jul 29, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #3,907 of 39,986
I am going to be good and show restraint!

Varig, Singapore and Thai used to be very good with excellent food selection.

KLM is mean on European routes you get very little.

Jul 29, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #3,908 of 39,986
Quote:
I am going to be good and show restraint!
Varig, Singapore and Thai used to be very good with excellent food selection.
KLM is mean on European routes you get very little.

I have flown Varig, and I also have heard great praise for Singapore and Thai both professionally and culinary. I do remember that when I ordered a shot of whiskey on Varig, they gave me a large 12 oz. drinking glass full of whiskey.

Jul 29, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #3,910 of 39,986
Quote:
And you kept the glass, right?
cool.gif

I tossed it on the floor. Old tradition, right Stavros?

The last time I flew the flight attendant told this guy sitting in front of me (not me) who ordered 2 vodka tonics for himself that he would only serve him the second drink only after he finished the first drink. So the guy shot it and asked for another. Hah!

I forgot what happened after that--I blanked out. :p

Jul 30, 2013 at 3:24 AM Post #3,911 of 39,986
Right Clayton.

Don't forget the nice juicy stakes!

Many carriers have an ice cream trolley too!

Talking about Brazil, has anybody tried the Brasilia 6SN7M?

Jul 30, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #3,914 of 39,986
Quote:
Gorgeous... too scared to ask how much they cost for fear I'll want to think about saving for them :p

You may be pleasantly surprised....... Glenn builds amps because he loves the hobby, not to make a killing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back