Aug 1, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #3,946 of 39,986
Quote:
Nothing like tube steak

Direct heated are preferred...
biggrin.gif

Aug 1, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #3,948 of 39,986
Quote:
How about food IN a tube?
My son and I helping ourselves to Bratwurst and Hot Dogs on the Deck. Cookies for desert...Naturally! 
biggrin.gif

Nice.
And a perfectly matched pair, too!
You're pros and you definitely know what you're doing eating.

Aug 1, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #3,949 of 39,986
Here is a lineup of Glenn Adpaters being put to good use on a Decware phono amp and Glenn Mono Blocks. Nice. Thank you Glenn!
RK-60 to 5U4 adapters:

596 to 5U4 adapger (foreground, on a Decware ZP3 phono stage):

Aug 1, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #3,950 of 39,986
Stavros I have a PILE of 6BL7's. Say the word and I will send you as many as you need.

Aug 1, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #3,951 of 39,986
Hello everyone, I have raised again from the dungeons. I am still going school, work, and having a baby boy at the same time, pretty crazy. The Seattle meet at BottleHead headquarter on 7/23/13 brought me back to life. I think it is the time for me to do something about my Stax project again. I have heard Eddie Current Electra with Stax 009 at meet with the amp tubed on the warm side, the sound was good but I was not very impressed. I think the 009 was under amped. My current gears are simple: McIntosh MA6900 integrated amp, Meridian G08, and a pair of Tannoy Turnberry. I took Glenn's advice had local McIntosh repairman lowered value of resistors and increased damping factors on the headamp side of MA6900, it made a big difference, thanks Glenn. So far, I do not miss my WA22 but I miss the tube sound. With kids sleeping all the time, I can't use my speakers, I am back to headphone again
dt880smile.png

Aug 1, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #3,952 of 39,986
Hi Seamaster. Your black WA22 was the very first WA22 that I had set my eyes upon which swayed me to get one. I still own my silver WA22 from 2009. Missed your presence; it is good to see you again. And how is your beautiful wife doing?

Aug 1, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #3,953 of 39,986
Eric, that's a great photo!

Now I feel hungry and just had breakfast an hour ago!

Thanks Rob, that's very kind of you.

Clayton you are supposed to chastise the team and keep an eye on us, you are the team leader!!!!!!
Instead you are giving me crazy ideas with the nice photos you post.

BTW most of my tubes live in cartons and aluminium cases they are not on display, I couldn't bare that.
They are in boxes original or new with the test data and date recorded.
The 300B's and PX4's live with me in my wardrobes, I couldn't part with them.

I have a photo inventory on my computer.

Next step to complete the picture is the lunatic asylum!

Edit: Hello Seamaster, nice to have you back.

Aug 2, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #3,954 of 39,986
Quote:
Hi Seamaster. Your black WA22 was the very first WA22 that I had set my eyes upon which swayed me to get one. I still own my silver WA22 from 2009. Missed your presence; it is good to see you again. And how is your beautiful wife doing?

My wife is doing her wife thing taking care of the baby, she likes my gears and she does listen to music sometimes. She also bought some new CDs for me (good quality mastered). I feel even my WA22 lacked the ultimated transparency, attack, and dynamic. I was still looking untill I tried Stax 007 Mk1 one time, I was hooked.
Here are my kids:

Aug 2, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #3,956 of 39,986
Quote:
Clayton you are supposed to chastise the team and keep an eye on us, you are the team leader!!!!!! Instead you are giving me crazy ideas with the nice photos you post.

BTW most of my tubes live in cartons and aluminium cases they are not on display, I couldn't bare that.
They are in boxes original or new with the test data and date recorded.
The 300B's and PX4's live with me in my wardrobes, I couldn't part with them.

I have a photo inventory on my computer.

Team leader? Moi? Eu? Ik? Εγώ? Eek! Well thank you but I can't even lead myself to water let alone drink it. WHAT? I think that Ultra- is more of a team leader. He leads me astray. In a good way :wink: (j/k U-!)

A photo inventory--now why didn't I think of that? All of my tubes are in boxes and crates and plastic containers stored in closets and on shelves. My glass nest eggs. :wink:

Aug 2, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #3,957 of 39,986
Beautiful kids SeamasterI
I love your daughter's smile!!!!!

Clayton, on second thoughts I feel that neither you are me are good as leaders, no way!
Glenn is no good at that neither, we always get into trouble........

We'll have to let Ultra take the lead..........

Aug 2, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #3,958 of 39,986
Quote:

My wife is doing her wife thing taking care of the baby, she likes my gears and she does listen to music sometimes. She also bought some new CDs for me (good quality mastered). I feel even my WA22 lacked the ultimated transparency, attack, and dynamic. I was still looking untill I tried Stax 007 Mk1 one time, I was hooked.
Here are my kids:

beerchug.gif

Outstanding, Seamaster and welcome back! I know Gil would never let you get too far gone! 
biggrin.gif

Aug 2, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #3,959 of 39,986
Ultra- is the group leader! Ssshhhh. He's probably just waking up. This I know. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back