2359glenn | studio
Dec 8, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #23,881 of 39,998
Well, have to admit, the tube elevator is pretty cool.

IIRC, the cost of the HE-1 is about the same as the cost for having an actual elevator installed in your home. Including elevator music.
But true, the HE-1 will definitely sound better, and the trasformers will be quieter. : )

Lucy tells me that the Jazz I listen to is elevator music.
That is why I went to headphones.

Dec 8, 2018 at 8:31 AM Post #23,888 of 39,998
This time last year, I received my GOTL on the 12th Dec 2017. Best Christmas present ever. All my tubes and adapters were ready and waiting. So were the source and headphones. I was lucky when I ordered there was only one person ahead of me. So I got my amp in less than 2 months from order.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2018 at 8:54 AM Post #23,889 of 39,998
This time last year, I received my GOTL on the 12th Dec 2017. Best Christmas present ever. All my tubes and adapters were ready and waiting. So were the source and headphones. I was lucky when I ordered there was only one person ahead of me. So I got my amp in less than 2 months from order.

Yes, you came out of the gate "rollin", ''rollin", "rollin" :)

I think having a Stratus and Glenn's amp ranks A++++

Dec 8, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #23,890 of 39,998
You have to employ a helper now. I want to sent my GOTL in next year for new sockets and a mechanism to raise tubes like the HE-1. :)

I think you should go with Yamamoto sockets expensive but great sockets.

No raising tubes I think it is stupid!! What purpose does it serve??? And moving wires all the time is no good for anything.

Dec 8, 2018 at 9:09 AM Post #23,891 of 39,998
You have to employ a helper now. I want to sent my GOTL in next year for new sockets and a mechanism to raise tubes like the HE-1. :)

Are you going to get the Yamamoto sockets ? Glenn beat me to it.

I am on my second playthru of this, with the EL3N & ZMF Ori, going to listen
to it again with HD800 next.

Definitely one on my top 10 album purchases this year.
King_King_King_King_Live_2016.jpg

Dec 8, 2018 at 9:11 AM Post #23,892 of 39,998
I think you should go with Yamamoto sockets expensive but great sockets.

No raising tubes I think it is stupid!! What purpose does it serve??? And moving wires all the time is no good for anything.

These things are expensive as hell, but no denying the quality.
EL3N tubes never went in and out easier and the connection is solid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back