2359glenn | studio
Oct 17, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #22,847 of 39,986
Hello Phantaminum...

Listened you your suggested "What You Do"...

I have a lot of 'World Beat" genre, that sounds very similar.

:)

Hey JV,

If you have any recommendations for World Beat please share. I love to explore new music!

Oct 17, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #22,848 of 39,986
I'm pleased that 6 EL11s is very quiet and cool running. I spend last night listening again for a few hours. The time just goes by so quickly. It's enjoyable listening to GOTL with these tubes and I'm using HD800. I'll have to post differences with other power tubes later.

Listening to Fourplay - Heartfelt album.

Hi UT,
Enjoyed reading your notes on the EL11s.
Any comparative impressions on the three different labels you have of the EL11s?
I understand that the plate structures differ by brand. I assume the sound also.

Oct 17, 2018 at 11:13 PM Post #22,852 of 39,986
Hi rnros,
I have a collection of EL11 tubes - 17 tubes. Valvo, Loewe-Opta, RFT, Philips and Telefunken. All are ST shaped with the exception of one pair of TFK tubular tubes. All are fairly large, but one Loewe-Opta is a smaller ST type.
I have not heard them in the GOTL, but in the FA amps the Telefunken ST EL11 sounded the best. That seems to be the overall consensus, also regarding the EL12 tubes.
In my experience the Telefunken EL11 tubes were the best sounding.
On the other hand, the GOTL is a different amp, and maybe another brand will shine there.

Oct 17, 2018 at 11:19 PM Post #22,853 of 39,986
Yo Glenn-a-nites-

I just bought 6 6bx7’s and I want to get the proper adaptors for it.

I didn’t know what they were asking in regards to this option.... any help will be appreciated!

I think this is correct?

0EB4EC39-C575-4F69-84C5-3A17C9F65189.jpeg
Thanks friends

Oct 17, 2018 at 11:27 PM Post #22,854 of 39,986
Yo Glenn-a-nites-

I didn’t know what they were asking in regards to this option.... any help will be appreciated!

I think this is correct?

Thanks friends
What kind of amp do you want to use the 6BX7 tubes in?
I have a six strip adapter for external power for the Feliks Audio Elise/Euforia but it will only fit those two amps:
s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1pc-Gold-p...h=item2ca8ed3fda:g:FEYAAOSwG-1WzSQL:rk:7:pf:0

Oct 18, 2018 at 4:49 AM Post #22,857 of 39,986
Yo Glenn-a-nites-

I think this is correct?

Thanks friends

Can you send a link to this adapter?
You don't need external power for filaments you have plenty of power in your amp.
Also they should be adjustable so they can be turned on the base to allow them to fit.

(Should have paid the extra $100 for the 6 sockets)

Oct 18, 2018 at 4:51 AM Post #22,858 of 39,986
Hi UT,
Enjoyed reading your notes on the EL11s.
Any comparative impressions on the three different labels you have of the EL11s?
I understand that the plate structures differ by brand. I assume the sound also.

Ros, I love them all. RFT, Philips Miniwatt and Telefunkens. However I have only use them together.

BUT tonight I told myself that Glenn has planted this idea of using c3gs with 6sn7 as drivers, so I am going to try it. So I debated on using c3gs with the dual RFT EL11s as drivers. It's either I blow up Ulysses or make him sing !

And the result? Holy @#$%. This amp just got better by a mile. What have you created Glenn? Why didn't you tell me that we can use c3gs with 6sn7.

So I was listening to Jeff Beck sing 'A Change is Gonna Come' and I believe him 100% ! GOTL has just change before my eyes and ears.

Can you see the pair of c3gs sandwiched between the EL11s?

IMG-1970.JPG

Oct 18, 2018 at 6:18 AM Post #22,860 of 39,986
I had no idea that you could use three driver tubes at the same time either.

I thought it was one or the other....maybe I am misunderstanding something.
The C3g's are my favorite driver tubes and I can only imagine the dynamics and slam when adding a Ken Rad to the mix!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back