2359glenn | studio
Oct 15, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #22,832 of 39,983
Look Ma....no hands!!

No wait, It's Yo-Yo Ma and the Silk Road Ensemble playing "Kor Arab" (The Blind Arab)...

image.jpeg

:)

Oct 16, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #22,835 of 39,983
UT

Quite the bold step there. Congrats on the achievement :)
How do you find the bass compared to the 6x6BX7 + other drivers?

I'm pleased that 6 EL11s is very quiet and cool running. I spend last night listening again for a few hours. The time just goes by so quickly. It's enjoyable listening to GOTL with these tubes and I'm using HD800. I'll have to post differences with other power tubes later.

Listening to Fourplay - Heartfelt album.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #22,836 of 39,983
Yes Mordy. Everything is fine. I was a little tired from staying up listening the previous night.

6 EL11s sounds very good. It's obviously different from ECC35 and 6 x 6bx7gt. Both sound gorgeous on GOTL but the EL11s is a new sound that I'm still captivated and getting used to, plus letting the tubes burn in.

Oct 16, 2018 at 9:56 PM Post #22,838 of 39,983
Went ahead and ordered the dual EL8->6SN7 adapter from Mrs Ling in China. The description by @rnros and the "layers of detail" all living in their own space, was enough to push me over the edge :)

The pair of EL8's themselves have been lingering in NYC for a few days, hope they giddy-up, and head my way soon, so that I can pine over the adapters' arrival.

Oct 16, 2018 at 11:10 PM Post #22,839 of 39,983
I'm pleased that 6 EL11s is very quiet and cool running. I spend last night listening again for a few hours. The time just goes by so quickly. It's enjoyable listening to GOTL with these tubes and I'm using HD800. I'll have to post differences with other power tubes later.

Listening to Fourplay - Heartfelt album.

Went ahead and ordered the dual EL8->6SN7 adapter from Mrs Ling in China. The description by @rnros and the "layers of detail" all living in their own space, was enough to push me over the edge :)

The pair of EL8's themselves have been lingering in NYC for a few days, hope they giddy-up, and head my way soon, so that I can pine over the adapters' arrival.

Keep your impressions coming guys. This thread is one of my go-to almost daily now :)

Oct 17, 2018 at 6:08 AM Post #22,840 of 39,983
After 2 and a half nights of listening to 6 EL11s, I make myself roll in the ECC35 and 6 x 6bx7gt again. Just to get a feel for the difference.

6bx7s are more vivid, transparent, more dynamic and a sharper tone. This is coming immediately from a few days with EL11s. Quite a contrast.

EL11s has the layers, density of tone, more saturated and more comforting with HD800. Superb imaging and clarity. Compared to the 6bx7s, it's warmer - which suits the HD800 very well.

That's all I have to report for now. My EL11 tubes are about to be rolled in again. I'm very drawn to it now. :)

IMG-1964.JPG

Oct 17, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #22,842 of 39,983
I am using Ken-Rad VT-231 and the C3g's for drivers...and Tung-Sol 5998 for powers...SENN 580's like this better than SENN 650's, so it may, or may not suit your headphones.

I get: Bass Plus, with the C3g details....

I like it!

Oct 17, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #22,843 of 39,983
Day off, sitting down with coffee, a small pound cake while listening to GOTL.

I usually don't post any type of music I listen to since it's all over the map. It'll swing from Frank Sinatra to Aretha Franklin, then to Michael Jackson, sprinkled in with John Mayer, some Taylor Swift, Daft Punk and I'll end up with Wu-Tang.

I'm really digging Bondax's new album. They're an eclectic duo from the UK and have different styles so it'll go from atmospheric to vocal acoustical and then into rap. A bit like my tastes, lol. Their song What You Do is fantastic with lots of guitars, instruments, and smooth jazzy vocals.

Bondax - What You Do.JPG

Paired now with a Fivre 12SN7:

7FA47445-BCC4-48BB-8180-C892B8B39D4C.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #22,844 of 39,983
Day off, sitting down with coffee, a small pound cake while listening to GOTL.

I usually don't post any type of music I listen to since it's all over the map. It'll swing from Frank Sinatra to Aretha Franklin, then to Michael Jackson, sprinkled in with John Mayer, some Taylor Swift, Daft Punk and I'll end up with Wu-Tang.

I'm really digging Bondax's new album. They're an eclectic duo from the UK and have different styles so it'll go from atmospheric to vocal acoustical and then into rap. A bit like my tastes, lol. Their song What You Do is fantastic with lots of guitars, instruments, and smooth jazzy vocal

Hello Phantaminum...

Listened you your suggested "What You Do"...

I have a lot of 'World Beat" genre, that sounds very similar.

Oct 17, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #22,845 of 39,983
Now I don't know if I want to try them?

UT have you talked to JV about using C3G's and a 6SN7 type at the same time.
He said it sounds better then ether one buy itself.

Try it anyway. EL11's is a very good tone.

I didn't know you can use both 6sn7 and c3gs at the same time. That will have to happen at a later stage.

I'm listening to Archie Shepp Quartet - Blue Ballads. Piano, trumpets and drums.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back