2359glenn | studio
Nov 11, 2017 at 2:36 AM Post #16,547 of 39,986
@UntilThen impressions of the meet, please!

Just came home from the meet. I'll post impressions of the meet on the Can Con Sydney thread later. After I've relax and chill down.... :)

Suffice to say that I was impressed with Woo Audio Wa5, Abyss and Utopia. These are the stand out gear for me.

Nov 11, 2017 at 4:58 AM Post #16,549 of 39,986
Just came home from the meet. I'll post impressions of the meet on the Can Con Sydney thread later. After I've relax and chill down.... :)

Suffice to say that I was impressed with Woo Audio Wa5, Abyss and Utopia. These are the stand out gear for me.

Sydney, beautiful city, it's been a long time since I was there.
No Can meets then.....

Let us know how you enjoyed it.

Nov 11, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #16,550 of 39,986
The Abyss and Utopia are on my "top 3 list of headphones to consider for next year" (along with the LCD-4). A friend of mine is bringing the Utopia to my place next week.

The WA5 was also on my list of headphone amps, but then I heard about the Glenn 300B. Quite a few comparisons on here of the WA5 and the 300B. Some would say the design of the WA5 with 6SN7's and 300B's isn't an ideal design, but it seems everyone who has listened to a WA5 has thoroughly enjoyed it.

Nov 11, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #16,551 of 39,986
Sydney, beautiful city, it's been a long time since I was there.
No Can meets then.....

Let us know how you enjoyed it.

Sydney is indeed a beautiful city. Do come for a visit again with Glenn and I would love to meet up with you and show you around. It was a lovely day to attend the meet but as I look outside the clear bright Spring day, I was wondering why I'm indoor. This fascinations with head-fi makes me forget what a beautiful city I live in and that there is so much to do out there. :)

I've thoroughly enjoyed myself at the meet. This weekend will go by so quickly as I play host to some friends coming over to my house tomorrow (Sunday) to listen to my sound systems.

Here's a link to my impressions and photos of the Can Con Sydney 7.5 meet.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/can...-7-5-impressions-thread.864868/#post-13843576

Nov 11, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #16,552 of 39,986
The Abyss and Utopia are on my "top 3 list of headphones to consider for next year" (along with the LCD-4). A friend of mine is bringing the Utopia to my place next week.

The WA5 was also on my list of headphone amps, but then I heard about the Glenn 300B. Quite a few comparisons on here of the WA5 and the 300B. Some would say the design of the WA5 with 6SN7's and 300B's isn't an ideal design, but it seems everyone who has listened to a WA5 has thoroughly enjoyed it.

One of my 300B amps is driven by 6SN7's and it sounds wonderful even though 6SN7 are not the ideal drivers for the 300B's as many say.
This particular amp excels when the 300B's are driven by ECC35's even though it was not designed so.
Trial and error by a some of us revealed many pleasant surprises.
I found the AVVT 300B's driven by DDR made drivers sound outstanding too.
It's all down to personal preferences of course.

Nov 11, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #16,553 of 39,986
Sydney is indeed a beautiful city. Do come for a visit again with Glenn and I would love to meet up with you and show you around. It was a lovely day to attend the meet but as I look outside the clear bright Spring day, I was wondering why I'm indoor. This fascinations with head-fi makes me forget what a beautiful city I live in and that there is so much to do out there. :)

I've thoroughly enjoyed myself at the meet. This weekend will go by so quickly as I play host to some friends coming over to my house tomorrow (Sunday) to listen to my sound systems.

Here's a link to my impressions and photos of the Can Con Sydney 7.5 meet.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/can...-7-5-impressions-thread.864868/#post-13843576

Next time I come to Sydney I'll be visiting all the "wrong" places Matt, no good.........

Nov 11, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #16,554 of 39,986
ECC35's are some of my favorite tubes. I think they have a little extra gain, along with the ECC33's.

I'd also really like to visit Sydney sometime. I'm meant to be visiting a friend in New Zealand for some mountain biking in a couple of years, so perhaps I'll stop by on the way :)

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #16,556 of 39,986
ECC35's are some of my favorite tubes. I think they have a little extra gain, along with the ECC33's.

X2

Enjoy your session next week and do let us know how you enjoy these nice headphones.

PS I won't mention anything about my Canada visits, I try to keep the thread calm.

Nov 11, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #16,557 of 39,986
Define "wrong" places. Don't worry I'll make sure you go to the right places like Bondi Beach where it's 'ok' to go topless. :wink:

Wrong: restaurants, Hi-Fi shops, candy stores.
That's what I meant Matt what did you think?:anchor:

Nov 11, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #16,558 of 39,986
Wrong: restaurants, Hi-Fi shops, candy stores.
That's what I meant Matt what did you think?:anchor:

Ah ha, I see what you mean. Sydney will spoil you with restaurants, HiFi shops and candy stores indeed. :)

It's hard to think at 4:22am on a Sunday morning. I have a headphone strap on and not a care in the world. Until sleepiness overcomes me and my head plonk on the keyboard or I somehow manage to drag myself to bed. Not forgetting I have a guest coming tomorrow !!!! I mean later today.....

Nov 11, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #16,559 of 39,986
I'd also really like to visit Sydney sometime. I'm meant to be visiting a friend in New Zealand for some mountain biking in a couple of years, so perhaps I'll stop by on the way :)

Sure leftside, do come and visit me. My racing bicycle ( It's a Specialized Roubaix !!!) is in the garage. Ever since I got on this head-fi mania, I've stopped riding. I've a brother who lives in Toronto and I've never been to Canada. :)

Nov 11, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #16,560 of 39,986
Also lived in Toronto for 4 years, but then I learnt to mountain bike, ski, snowboard... and the mountains called my name. Get that bike out the garage man! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back