2359glenn | studio
Nov 9, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #16,531 of 39,986
Stavros get a dog because the dog will get you water if you teach him. If you teach him well, he will even put on the LP and cue the tonearm and lower it.

I don't know what a RAL cable is but I use a made in Japan Canare cable for my hd650.

Nov 9, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #16,532 of 39,986
We have two in the family both girls
They love me so they don't care if I buy tubes

Nov 9, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #16,533 of 39,986
Stavros, you have a picture of Glenn's super OTL in your profile pic. I think that is the only version that accepts 8 x 6sn7 as power tubes. That should sound lovely. I hope you are still using it.

Nov 9, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #16,534 of 39,986
It's the Super10, a very special amp Glenn gave me as a present sometime ago.
It can use 9 double triodes and a rectifier.

RAL Realistic Audio Labs.
I have 5 different SE and balanced cables for my HD650's and this is the best one.

Nov 9, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #16,535 of 39,986
My quote for today...

'The best things in life are what you already have'. :ksc75smile:

So without further ado, I unveil to you my heavily modified Sennheiser HD650. My first serious headphone and it still is today. You can wear this the whole day. It has an agreeable tone and a comfortable weight. Sennheiser deserves a medal for making this. This is the forgotten child amongst my other headphones but it will be put to the test when Ulysses arrives.

I have owned this headphone on two different occasions, and I agree, it is a great headphone and very comfortable....It scales up with better gear really nice. I may own it again someday.

Joe like me we've learned our lesson the hard way!
It took me over 20 years to realise I was loosing the war........
Now I know too well.

I'm jealous these concerts sound fantastic, enjoy my friend!
Does the Boss allow any "refreshments"?

Yes, the Boss will allow beverages...she will usually pick Margaritas or a wheat beer...I usually will go for a nice Porter.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #16,536 of 39,986
It's the Super10, a very special amp Glenn gave me as a present sometime ago.
It can use 9 double triodes and a rectifier.

RAL Realistic Audio Labs.
I have 5 different SE and balanced cables for my HD650's and this is the best one.

That really is a special amp.

Nov 9, 2017 at 8:42 PM Post #16,537 of 39,986
Nov 10, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #16,539 of 39,986
Yes
I have a HD650 and an I2S cable from RAL

Nov 10, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #16,540 of 39,986
I am going to the local Sydney meet in 2 hours time, for a whole day and bringing my Yggdrasil, Ragnarok, Eikon and Atticus.

This is the great joy in this hobby for me. Going to a local Can Con and meeting like minded enthusiasts. What I want to hear today is the Abyss, WA5 and Utopia. In the case of Utopia, again... Also would you believe it, I will be hearing a Bottlehead Crack with Speedball for the first time because I've not heard one before. :)

Oh there will be lots of headphones and cables there. So wish me luck and much happiness. :gs1000smile:

Nov 10, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #16,541 of 39,986
I am going to the local Sydney meet in 2 hours time, for a whole day and bringing my Yggdrasil, Ragnarok, Eikon and Atticus.

This is the great joy in this hobby for me. Going to a local Can Con and meeting like minded enthusiasts. What I want to hear today is the Abyss, WA5 and Utopia. In the case of Utopia, again... Also would you believe it, I will be hearing a Bottlehead Crack with Speedball for the first time because I've not heard one before. :)

Oh there will be lots of headphones and cables there. So wish me luck and much happiness. :gs1000smile:

Much luck and happiness! I will be having my own Can Con once Scarlett arrives. :L3000:

Nov 10, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #16,543 of 39,986
We should meet up ok? Get Scarlett and Ulysses together when the time comes.

:thumbsup:

A thought to ponder; if Scarlett and Ulysses were to meet :couple: marry :couple_with_heart: and produce offspring what kind of amp would they produce? :astonished: (lol)

Nov 10, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #16,545 of 39,986

Don't expect too much from a stock crack with speedball. It needs a lot of mods. However, at its price range, it's a very nice little amp for diy hobby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back