Revelation Audio Lab (RAL) ... are they crooks?
Feb 19, 2008 at 5:36 PM Post #61 of 159
Received a USPS shipping label confirmation in my e-mail today from Brad. We'll see if it shows up at my door. The shipping label confirmation only confirms that the label has been printed, not that the product has been shipped
rolleyes.gif

Anand.

Feb 27, 2008 at 3:21 PM Post #64 of 159
I'm surprise people were still ordering from RAL, and it's good to see that they are turning around in their business practices.

Feb 27, 2008 at 5:48 PM Post #65 of 159
Limited Lifetime Guarantee is meaningless, its just a claim and anyone can make it. Now if it were Lifetime Warranty like what Koss offers, then its great. I hope for your sake that it was a typo.

Mar 18, 2008 at 1:33 PM Post #66 of 159
Hi Guys,

I don't reside in the US but I still wanted to share my experience dealing with Brad. I purchased and paid for my cables in July 2007 but like most of you never received them in a timely manner. This was despite numerous e-mails to him and the occasional reply from him that the cables were in their final stages of production.

I guess the final straw was when he sent me a USPS tracking number in late Jan 2008 and advised me that he had sent the cables. However, the status of the shipment never changed and it was then blatantly obvious that he was not going to send the cables despite his numerous excuses. I tried obtaining assistance from both PAYPAL and my bank but they were of little help owing to the delay in my reporting the incident. At this point I felt that I would never see the cables or be reacquainted with my money.

However, having done some research on the internet, I discovered this organisation:

Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Division of Consumer Services
2005 Apalachee Parkway
Tallahassee, Florida 32399
Telephone: (850) 488-2221
Toll-free within FL: (800) 435-7352
Website: Division of Consumer Services Homepage, Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services

I lodged a complaint with them not expecting a reply but to my amazement received one within a week of lodging my complaint.

Anyway, to cut a long story short within 2 weeks of filing the complaint, I actually received my cables from RAL!! I would like to think that FACS had something to do with the process. Even so, there is no harm lodging a complaint with them if you have not received your cables and PAYPAL, your credit card company or bank are not willing to assist.

In the end my experience had a happy ending. I just hope those of you who haven't received your cables will be just as lucky!! All the best!!

Apr 7, 2008 at 12:09 PM Post #67 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by ctemkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got burned, too. Paid my money, never heard, sent emails, got a few responses, then nothing.

Shouldn't this thread be in the cable forum? I wouldn't mind seeing it become a sticky, just in case Brad ever resurfaces.

This is all especially unfortunate since it seems that the cables he did make were good.

If you've been ripped off by Vojtech, I highly recommend complaining to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Division of Consumer Services, 2005 Apalachee Pkwy, Tallahassee, FL 32399-6500. They are aware of his scams and will investigate matters.

Since he uses a PO Box on his website and generally ignores emails or the phone once he's taken your money, here is a better way to contact him:

Brad Vojtech/Revelation Audio Labs
26 Eastmoor Lane
Palm Coast, FL 32164
T: 386-586-3653
Fax: 386-437-5523

May 13, 2008 at 6:31 PM Post #68 of 159
I really don't know what is going on with all this. I have purchesed from Brad before and each one of my expereinces have been excellent.

After reading some of the comments here and in Audiogon I actually called him and talked to him about it. He mentioned the probelm he was facing was reliability of his wire supplier but said it was getting back to normal.

A week an a half ago I took a leap of faith despite of all the postings here and placed an order for a mini to RCA cable to connect my iPod docking station to my GS-1. Brad said it would be done in2 to 3 days but since I was going to be out of town all last week I asked him to timed the shipment so it would arrived yesterday. Guess what? I got home last night and the package with my cable was at my door as promised.

I am planning to buy a pair of HD650 and ordering a cable from RAL.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
May 13, 2008 at 7:34 PM Post #69 of 159
I haven't purchased from RAL, but I've contacted about a tentative purchase. They seemed very professional, even writing a long email in response to a question about a $100 purchase. I thought that was impressive. So, I don't know what's up with them, but I saw no reason to suspect them of anything.... then again I didn't get screwed by them either

May 14, 2008 at 2:47 AM Post #70 of 159
I think we are way past reasonable suspicion stage. We're talking about proof beyond reasonable doubt.

I urge you to reconsider buying from RAL at this time.
BV explicitly promised to send a Precept power cable to me no later than 2/22 (agreement was reached 2 weeks before 2/22). Guess what, 5/13, no cable. Not to mention the 6 months + wait before this agreement was reached (oh, and I heard from him only after I got stupid again and offered to pay him more for a more expensive cable, prior to that, I received no reply after the original agreement). I have filed my claim with the aforementioned Florida consumer department, and have received several replies from the department. The very first one was that the party (RAL) was not cooperating (translation: no reply). In that letter the department advised me to bring this matter to court.

Last week, I got another letter/update from the department, included was a letter from BV, stating mostly irrelevant facts (facts having nothing to do with the agreement) which I can only conclude intended to cause confusion of issue. One of those facts provided by RAL that's particularly interesting: that the cable has been shipped, and "proof" was offered (shipment number). The status right now says "electronic shipping info received" on 4/21. It's been said before that RAL creates fake USPS shipping info. I can't verify that but I have not received the cable. Particular high rate of similar happenings, it seems.
RAL's reply also conveniently, evaded entirely the issue of not having delivered the cable.
I'd personally not buy from the contract-breaching good-faith-Christian-pretending lying s.o.b. again. But that's just me. (For the record this will be my first time to call someone a s.o.b. in a public forum, if it's not acceptable I will remove it).

May 14, 2008 at 2:49 AM Post #71 of 159
As far I know there is no "them," it's always been just BV.
If you decide to buy from RAL against my advice not to, do not send cash in any form. Make sure to use some payment that you can get your money back easier, if something goes wrong.

May 14, 2008 at 2:51 AM Post #72 of 159
Brad Vojtech/Revelation Audio Labs
26 Eastmoor Lane
Palm Coast, FL 32164
T: 386-586-3653
Fax: 386-437-5523[/QUOTE]

I don't know about the address, but the phone has been disconnected. The phone # posted on their website doesn't work either, always N/A.

Jul 5, 2008 at 2:51 AM Post #75 of 159
I'm lucky I did come across this thread... Unless I'm confusing the name, I'd been planning to order a mini-rca for my iMod for a while. I'll look elsewhere.

EDIT: Checked the site, I wasn't confusing them, I like the look of the purple cables too, oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back