Revelation Audio Lab (RAL) ... are they crooks?
Jan 8, 2008 at 5:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 159

ast

1000+ Head-Fier
Revelation Audio Lab (RAL) sells all kinds of cables on Audiogon. I ordered a pair of cable for HD6x0 back in 9/25/2007 but never got it. Several emails to Brad Vorjtech, the point person of RAL and I'm told to wait. Then since last month, Dec. 2007, they stop replying emails and completely disappeared!!!!

I went back to Audiogon to check their userid "Vtech2000", Viola, it shows "No longer a registered user. This account was either cancelled by the owner, or suspended by Audiogon." Mostly likely they have been suspended because of their shaddy business practice.

A lesson learned.
frown.gif

Jan 8, 2008 at 6:02 AM Post #2 of 159
I'm really surprised to hear this. I have bought 3 cables from them and they were all shipped to me within a week of my order. He also replaced one that developed a short after a couple of months at no charge, and quite promptly. I wonder what happened.

Jan 8, 2008 at 6:02 AM Post #3 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by ast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Revelation Audio Lab (RAL) sells all kinds of cables on Audiogon. I ordered a pair of cable for HD6x0 back in 9/25/2007 but never got it. Several emails to Brad Vorjtech, the point person of RAL and I'm told to wait. Then since last month, Dec. 2007, they stop replying emails and completely disappeared!!!!

I went back to Audiogon to check their userid "Vtech2000", Viola, it shows "No longer a registered user. This account was either cancelled by the owner, or suspended by Audiogon." Mostly likely they have been suspended because of their shaddy business practice.

A lesson learned.
frown.gif

Sorry, man, but yes RAL was a crook.

Cable Asylum - Hooray: Revelation Audio Labs banned from Audiogon! - nostatic - January 06, 2008 at 04:10:07

Jan 8, 2008 at 6:11 AM Post #4 of 159
Jan 8, 2008 at 12:00 PM Post #8 of 159
After dozens and dozens of complaints, Audiogon FINALLY banned Brad Vojtech, owner of Revelation Audio Labs. Clearly, they resisted as long as possible because they were more interested in his advertising dollars than protecting members.

This scammer has stolen my money as well as many others as you can see by doing a search of the posts on Audiogon and Audio Asylum. In my case, he's probably committed mail fraud, because he used a bogus USPS shipping notice to deter PayPal's investigation into the status of my shipment.

If you want to contact him, go to his website and you'll find his P.O. Box in Palm Coast, Florida. (There's a tip-off that the guy is a crook: he doesn't use a street address.) Also, you might want to put a post on Audiogon inquiring about his physical address because a couple of members live near him. In any case, contact your credit card company and the Attorney General's office of Florida; they'll go after him.

Correction: He had a PF score of about 400, not 2,000. The reason he didn't have more negative feedback was because Audiogon's feedback system is seriously flawed. A member can reject negative feedback or counter it by threatening to leave the same about the submitting member...even if the reply is a lie. This guy is so unscrupulous I'm sure he worked the system for years.

Jan 8, 2008 at 10:38 PM Post #9 of 159
I got burned, too. Paid my money, never heard, sent emails, got a few responses, then nothing.

Shouldn't this thread be in the cable forum? I wouldn't mind seeing it become a sticky, just in case Brad ever resurfaces.

This is all especially unfortunate since it seems that the cables he did make were good.

Jan 8, 2008 at 10:59 PM Post #10 of 159
Quote:

Shouldn't this thread be in the cable forum? I wouldn't mind seeing it become a sticky, just in case Brad ever resurfaces.

x2 on that. I am sure a lot of ppl can benefit from information from this thread. I think getting banned from Audiogon and for the reasons mentioned by output555, ppl should be careful or take action if they have already sent money to this character.

Jan 8, 2008 at 11:22 PM Post #11 of 159
Weird, I got my cable very soon after I made the payment. I even got it replaced when the first cable had some problems with the other channel (and this happened when I have had the cable for 4-6 months). The replacement arrived quickly also. Obviously something has gone seriously wrong since I did business with Brad.

Jan 9, 2008 at 12:54 AM Post #12 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by ast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, now RAL's phone #, (386) 586-3653 , has been disconnected !!!

I guess the crook has vanished completely, and he planned this before hand !!!

Now about their cables ...
rolleyes.gif

that is not the phone number listed on his website. my experience was totally positive last year. what a pity

Jan 9, 2008 at 1:29 AM Post #14 of 159
oddly, his website is up and running. I assume you have contacted him by phone? he was quite gracious in the several times we spoke on the phone. I am really dumbfounded by this reversal in business practices. It certainly goes against the religious tenets he quotes all over his web site.

Jan 9, 2008 at 1:55 AM Post #15 of 159
I am very sorry to hear this and, if true, I apologize for recommending RAL to anyone.

I purchased a 650 cable from Brad last Spring. I asked him how long it would take and was told 2 weeks. A month later I inquired and was told that it was being built as we spoke. About 2 weeks later I had yet to receive a shipping notice so I emailed him requesting a refund. That day I got a shipping notification.

I was annoyed but gave him positive feedback because he actually delivered it, he was polite responsive to emails and the cable was really great. I did note in my feedback that I wished he was up front about lead time estimates, however.

This summer I sent him the cable to have it re-terminated. Considering my previous experience I specifically asked how long it would take. Brad promised a 14 day turn around. 14 days later I had my cable back. This time I was happy to leave positive feedback.

I really hope this turns out to be a mix up and everyone either gets their stuff or their money back. If you paid by Paypal, perhaps you should take it up with them- that may get his attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back