2359glenn | studio

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by silent one, Mar 9, 2012.
  1. rosgr63
    Matt do you mean you don't already report?????

You're very lucky.........

2. mordy
    At least the headphones are color coded....

3. UntilThen
    I'm James Bond. I report to no one. This Christmas I want my eggnog shaken, not stirred.

giphy.gif

4. UntilThen
    Despite my love for the woodies (the other 3 wooden headphones) I still love HD800 very much. There's great synergy with Ragnarok. It will be the first headphone that I will try with Ulysses.

Yggdrasil > Ulysses > Sennheiser HD800. A deadly combination me thinks. :smile_phones:

20171109_065658.jpg

MIKELAP likes this.
  5. ru4music
    It's, "I'm Bond, James Bond." UT, first it was the Scarlett O'Hara/ Johansson thing, now this!!! I sure hope you don't have to turn in your secret decoder ring and Walther PPK :astonished:

6. UntilThen
    I was wondering what a Walther PKK is until I do a google search

7. whirlwind
    Yeah, no kidding.
    I could not imagine!

8. rosgr63
    Hi Joe,
    "I'm a yes dear you're right again as always" person............

9. whirlwind
    Hi Starvos,

I hear you. In my 37 years of marriage, I have won only a few battles, but still lost the war!

I don't even have the energy to argue any more.

I love her to death, she has kept me in line for the most part and we have been able to enjoy music together for a lot of years, so all is good here.

We go to three of four concerts a year and have a good time, always.

Be going to see Joe Bonamassa in Cleveland Ohio at the Conner Theatre on Nov. 25th.
    Then going to the Rock 'N' Roll Hall Of Fame on the 26th....we can't wait....also hope to be enjoying a couple of nice meals while we are there.

attmci likes this.
  10. rosgr63
    Joe like me we've learned our lesson the hard way!
    It took me over 20 years to realise I was loosing the war........
    Now I know too well.

I'm jealous these concerts sound fantastic, enjoy my friend!
    Does the Boss allow any "refreshments"?

11. UntilThen
    Stavros and Joe, I can tell you're family orientated persons, in my interactions with you. That is important for me. I have a loving wife, daughter, son and a cute little doggy who tolerated my current passions in hifi, headfi, tvfi, tubefi, carfi and whatever fi that came my way. :)

My wife even bought me my 'first' Denon turntable and NAD dac. Daughter bought me the beyer T1. Son bought me an ergonomic chair to sit in. Dog bought me.... nothing.... but he gave me the most loving smile.

.... and I envy you Joe that you're attending lots of live shows. The only live performance I attended with my wife many years ago, is the Phantom of the Opera at the State Theatre. That has been the best music I've heard in my entire life.... period ! So my goal for 2018 is to attend another live performance again. So maybe I'll go and hear Stevie Nicks sing.

12. UntilThen
    My quote for today...

'The best things in life are what you already have'. :ksc75smile:

So without further ado, I unveil to you my heavily modified Sennheiser HD650. My first serious headphone and it still is today. You can wear this the whole day. It has an agreeable tone and a comfortable weight. Sennheiser deserves a medal for making this. This is the forgotten child amongst my other headphones but it will be put to the test when Ulysses arrives.

20171110_022539.jpg

13. mordy
    I am married 10 years longer than whirlwind. My wife totally dislikes the music I listen to, but tolerates my hi fi hobby and does not interfere (unless I play way too loud with the door to my listening room open). She really is not interested in my tube adventures ("Honey - why do you have so many of those glass things?") - her only interest is the family and the grandchildren. We argue here and there, and as you have discovered, she is usually right......
    But we get along fine, and if I really really would want a very expensive item she would encourage me to get if she thought it would make me happy.
    Ordered a HD650 via Massdrop - should artrive soon.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    attmci likes this.
  14. rosgr63
    You are very lucky.
    Every time I want something with glass I get a funny look from five females, six if I include the cat.

BTW try a RAL cable with your HD650 if you can.

15. Oskari
    Pure comedy, Stavros. :grinning: