2016 Tokyo Spring Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival Report
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 8, 2016 at 2:54 AM Post #16 of 24

I used the Fuji X70 and iPhone 6. I'm pondering whether or not I'll get more lenses for the X-T1 or just go back to using Nikon. The nice thing about the X70 rig was the light weight. 

I've never been to these shows, but I can imagine the rush in Japanese shows like these, where this kind of compact APSC camera is pretty handy, when it comes to getting the job done. The color rendering is quite good for such a small camera. I see you have the D750, great camera, loads of features, but you might be able get the job done in places like this with just a D5500.
Disclosure- I shoot Canon. 
bigsmile_face.gif

The main thing is low-light ability, or a good flash, or both, and the D750 is best at that, followed by Fuji. Some of the rooms are very poorly lit, as the venue is mainly for wedding parties. What I wish I had was a mirrorless D750, so I took a chance on the X-T1. 

May 8, 2016 at 3:28 AM Post #17 of 24

The main thing is low-light ability, or a good flash, or both, and the D750 is best at that, followed by Fuji. Some of the rooms are very poorly lit, as the venue is mainly for wedding parties. What I wish I had was a mirrorless D750, so I took a chance on the X-T1. 

nonetheless, great pictures mate!

May 9, 2016 at 1:11 AM Post #18 of 24

Yes, the D750 has a very consistent focusing ability along with great low light abilities for sure. I was mentioning D5500 because of the size and weight. Anyways, next time CanJam comes to Asia, I'll be there with a EOS 70D taking shots and videos. 

May 9, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #19 of 24
Thank you Currawong for your thoughtful insights and nicely balanced report - can you please provide any further information regarding the Pioneer wooden cups.

Are they intended as some sort of drop in tuning cup replacement for the SE Master 1?

Or was that a closed version of the Master 1 ?

Did you have a chance to hear them?

Information on the Pioneer Master headphones is somewhat elusive regarding listening impressions.

I now own a pair of SE Master 1 myself and regard them as a sort of cross between the HD800 & TH900.

They have really nice detail extraction similar to the sens and are really euphoric sounding like the TH900 - music sounds so enjoyable with them. They are more balanced sounding than the TH900.

May 9, 2016 at 7:33 AM Post #20 of 24

this is what i think one of the most exciting new headphone at this show. the onkyo wood prototype.

nice to see head-fi er around the world in tokyo anyway.

Jan 30, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #22 of 24
Does anyone know when the 2017 edition of the spring festival will be held?

Jan 30, 2017 at 8:46 PM Post #23 of 24
  Does anyone know when the 2017 edition of the spring festival will be held?

I don't think the info is public yet. However the Fujiya Winter Pota-ken is on Feb 18th.

Jan 31, 2017 at 5:06 AM Post #24 of 24

I don't think the info is public yet. However the Fujiya Winter Pota-ken is on Feb 18th.

Thanks! I won't make it to the Pota-ken, but I should be there for the HP-fest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back