1MORE H1707 Triple-Driver Over Ear
Jul 1, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #541 of 1,585
Exactly. The H1707 just clicks. It lets me listen to my music. I don't do a-b comparisons because that just ruins the music for me.

...well those words might be a little clumsy but the concept is cool:)

I do still A/B sometimes (particularly when I get a new headphone -- need to know if I have a redundant set or if it is a keeper), but I'm moving closer to your place of just wanting to enjoy the music. :L3000:

Jul 1, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #542 of 1,585
I do still A/B sometimes (particularly when I get a new headphone -- need to know if I have a redundant set or if it is a keeper), but I'm moving closer to your place of just wanting to enjoy the music. :L3000:

Whether or not any of mine are redundant I do not know. Probably... but then they all look different...It's not like I buy loads of shoes or jewelry:)

Just keep them all:)

Does that make me a hoarder? Probably. Once upon a time it was beanie babies:)

Jul 1, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #543 of 1,585
For now I'm using my M&O headphone earpads on these. They fit pretty nicely and don't change the sound much. Will work till my beats earpads come in. The M&O earpads could be a bit larger which is why I switched them out in the first place. The sound changed too much when I tried the HM5 pads. Might try the angled HM5's and see if they may work better.

Jul 7, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #544 of 1,585
so after some quick listening to both the silver and gold version some initial thoughts. the gold are a bit more treble forward then the silver for sure. the bass is still there but a less of it. the silver were a bit more bloomy and not as fast but the bass thats missing is there. im pretty sure i could pick which one i was handed in a blindfolded a/b test. both sound very good and in some ways i prefer the gold and others i prefer the silver. the gold are a bit better with vocals/classical/jazz for me. where the silver imo i like better for some djent or metal/rock/pop/blues etc. but both are great. the silver are not as v shaped as the gold. mids are more forward on them as is mid bass and lower bass.

an oddity is the gold seem to like power a bit more then the silver if i drive them a bit more they sound closer to the silver ones. if i had the gold first i prob would not need the silver ones. overall i def prefer the silver ones overall. the differences are small though honestly. comes down to which you like better treble (gold) or mids/bass (silver) lol. ill do a better comparison in more detail as soon as i have more time to actually sit and listen longer. im crazy busy this weekend so i will not have much seat time with them yet.

on a side note the gold is more comfortable for some reason the tweeters do not touch my ears at all. where on the silver they do its not bad but you can feel it. the gold also has a less clamping force overall this was immediately noticeable like ohh wow as soon as i swapped back to the silver. and im guessing this could be why i feel the tweeters more.

one bad thing though sadly on the silver pair my right side earpad has stitching coming undone already on the bottom edge where the seam is so im a bit annoyed about that as well. i emailed 1moreusa and im waiting to see if they can send out a replacement for it or what they can do. i know i can swap pads but they shouldn't have come apart like that already within 3 weeks they are always in the case and never left my desk (in the case). it appears that when the pads were made they missed the seam. you can see the holes but they are so close to the edge the thread never caught the material there. it s a small area but if you press down you can see the foam inside.

sorry this was just quick thoughts but i only had about an 45mins to go back and forth tonight.

Jul 7, 2018 at 9:50 PM Post #545 of 1,585
The mids are slightly recessed, and while this is a very good set of headphones for the price...... what i noticed is that because the mids are slightly recessed and the bass is overcooked, you end up turning it up to try to overcome the bass overexposure.
So, this headphone is going to appeal to the people who like, bass, and the AudioTech treble sound, or perhaps the Beyer sound, but not so much if you like meaty mids and the Senn HD6 series is your favorite sound.
And if THAT is your case, then buy the WIRED Senn HD1, as this will give you the Senn Mids, and a slight increased freq tweek at both ends, and a similar bass and treble experience that the H1707 offers.
Thanks for the feedback

Jul 7, 2018 at 10:03 PM Post #547 of 1,585
i def prefer the silver ones overall. the differences are small though honestly.

Nice. Pretty much the same conclusion I came too.

You really can’t go wrong with either. I do think they are somewhat redundant, since they are quite close. Although I love them both, 1More could have easily gotten away with just 1 instead of 2.

Jul 7, 2018 at 10:06 PM Post #548 of 1,585
Nice. Pretty much the same conclusion I came too.

You really can’t go wrong with either. I do think they are somewhat redundant, since they are quite close. Although I love them both, 1More could have easily gotten away with just 1 instead of 2.
how is the isolation with those beats pads? and is there a specific seller you recc? looks like some are made like crap and others are fairly nice. id still like to get this one replaced but if i cant i guess ill do the beats.

Jul 7, 2018 at 10:17 PM Post #549 of 1,585
Thanks for the comparison, @Th3Drizzl3 because I am considering pulling the trigger soon on the gold ones as they are available for cheaper right now than the silver ones on eBay right now, but I've been slow to pull the trigger because I'm stuck on the "graphene" word in the drivers on the silver version. Hearing from another person (thanks, @Slater for the other comparison) of the discernible but minor differences between them makes me think I might be happy with the gold ones.

Jul 7, 2018 at 10:23 PM Post #550 of 1,585
i will say if you feed them a decent amount of power they sound even more close. at very low volumes or with say just basic el cheapo laptop power the gold was meh. but with any decent source they are really close. comes down to the bass imo and not that the gold is lacking. i actually played some techmaster peb (i know him personally lol) to check out the bass between them also and with a high end source it made even less difference. if 1more does another sale on the silver im going to grab a set as a backup and sell the gold ones i think, just because im ocd haha

Jul 7, 2018 at 10:24 PM Post #551 of 1,585
Yeah, they had the silver on sale for $179 just recently, right? Can't remember, might have been right before Father's Day? I'm kicking myself for not having bought them then... :D

Jul 7, 2018 at 10:26 PM Post #552 of 1,585
how is the isolation with those beats pads? and is there a specific seller you recc? looks like some are made like crap and others are fairly nice. id still like to get this one replaced but if i cant i guess ill do the beats.

Good isolation, no complaints.

Keep in mind the Beats pads are not as roomy as HM5 pads. But they are a huge improvement over the stock pads. I even found out they are even compatible with the stock H1707 case! You just have to carefully tuck the Beats pads so they fit in the molded space where the stock pads go.

You are right - the quality of the Beats pads does vary a bit. I will check and see where I’ve gotten my last few good quality sets from.

I’d ideally like to find a sheepskin version.

Jul 7, 2018 at 10:39 PM Post #553 of 1,585
mmm sheapskin lol. but yeah. question how do the beats fit on the plastic ring? like can you see some of the double sided tape once they are mounted? and are they offset at all? sorry my ocd would get the better of me if so and id prob have to go with an over the cup pad OR maybe would one of the pads slip over the plastic ring and still be able to snap in place?

Jul 7, 2018 at 11:00 PM Post #554 of 1,585
mmm sheapskin lol. but yeah. question how do the beats fit on the plastic ring? like can you see some of the double sided tape once they are mounted? and are they offset at all? sorry my ocd would get the better of me if so and id prob have to go with an over the cup pad OR maybe would one of the pads slip over the plastic ring and still be able to snap in place?

They have pre-applied double sided 3M tape, and stick to the stock plastic mounting flanges.

If you look back in this thread, I have a number of photos of not only the Beats pads but also other pads that would fit over the cups (such as HM5).

Keep in mind that anything you change from stock won't be exactly like, um, stock. For example, Beats pads are oval and the stock pads are round. So right there, it is only logical to understand that there will be a couple of mms of overhang on the top and bottom. It's very slight though, and honestly not even noticeable (to me anyways). You can see what I'm talking about in these 2 photos:

IMG-1808.JPG
IMG-1807.JPG

And yes, it is possible to carefully trim the back side of a pad using scissors (to accomidate the various mounting clips of the stock mounting ring) and tuck it all behind the stock mounting ring. I did this exact thing to for 1 of my prototype pad tests (they were super thick and cushion-y 90mm round pads I had laying around). They were comfy as pillows, fit the headphone great, and looked awesome (just like they were made for it). But they changed the stock sound (to extreme basshead cans), so I didn't go with those pads. Here's what they looked like:

IMG-1805.JPG

But there are many ways to skin a cat. My goal was finding a pads that was oval, provided more room than the stock pad, and didn't change the stock sound (or at least deviated as little as possible). Between the 6-7 pads I prototyped, the only one that ticked all of the boxes on my list was the Beats pads. They just stick on and you're done (and are easily replaceable forever by again just peeling and sticking new pads on).

And since then I haven't looked back or regretted it one bit - I'm 100% totally happy with the 1Mores now. But I'm a modder and tinkerer though; I can't help that. My mods aren't for everyone though. Remember, the Beats pads voids your warranty, and you destroy the stock pads in the process. There's no going back. It's a 1-way street.

If you're 'Rain Man' levels of OCD, I would suggest you work with 1More to get new stock pads. They are all about customer service, and stand behind everything they sell. Seriously, they are a great company. I know they would get you squared away.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2018 at 11:06 PM Post #555 of 1,585
the beats dont look as bad as i remember. my biggest thought was with my long hair and double sided tape that could get to be a pain pretty fast lol. i play in a band and still keep the hair long haha. not rain man at all just dont want something that looks like it was stuck together if you know what i mean and def dont want any exposed tape. damn those 90mm rounds look great to bad they change the sound so much. i still would like to get it replaced though being it is a defect,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back