1MORE H1707 Triple-Driver Over Ear
Mar 17, 2018 at 10:40 PM Post #121 of 1,586
Well there you have it. Graphene it is. Thank you for the reply. I am listening to my triple over ears right now and I am quite happy with them. I hope 1more stays on their current trajectory and continues to make exceptional headphones at awesome, reasonable prices. It’s soooo nice to be able to buy a “flagship” type product and not have to spend four grand on it. My wallet thanks you greatly. I’m in love with these and the quads. I love their house sound. And I’m not contending they will outclass a 4000 $ can, I’m a realist.... but I think they sound darn, darn good. And they honestly make me question the validity of the cans I’ve paid 1000$ or more for. Digging your stuff 1more.

So yours are the silver colored one?

Like this:
1MORE-Triple-Driver-Over-Ear-headphones.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018 at 11:03 PM Post #122 of 1,586
Yes they are, I believe you can only get the silver in the US market? There’s no option for the rose gold on the web site. I’m glad as I prefer the silver over the rose gold. I believe he said they revoiced the silver ones so maybe you can only get the silver no matter where you are??

Mar 27, 2018 at 10:46 PM Post #123 of 1,586
Yes, I have gotten this frequently. So the original European version - identified by the Gold / Black color was titanium. The American version, which was re-voiced has a graphene driver, and is identified by the Titanium / Black color has the graphene driver. Packaging failed to update, and is being addressed in the MP run moving forward.

Hope that helps!

Ari,
1MORE USA PR Director

May I ask what thickness of the graphene driver is? Since graphene is naturally 2-dimensional materials, it should have multiple layers. So the thickness will be a critical parameter. What is the graphene deposition method? I think some of the enthusiasts will be interested to know.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2018 at 10:56 PM Post #124 of 1,586
May I ask what thickness of the graphene driver is? Since graphene is naturally 2-dimensional materials, it should have multiple layers. So the thickness will be a critical parameter.

Innerfidelity just posted a very positive review of these. The review mentioned that the headphones weren’t able to be taken apart and put back together.

Unless you are keen to, there is likely no one on this forum quite ready to sacrifice the $$$ toward getting that measurement.

Mar 27, 2018 at 10:59 PM Post #125 of 1,586
Innerfidelity just posted a very positive review of these. The review mentioned that the headphones weren’t able to be taken apart and put back together.

Unless you are keen to, there is likely no one on this forum quite ready to sacrifice the $$$ toward getting that measurement.

Yeah. I saw the review. But I still want to know the parameters of graphene. Otherwise, it will be skeptical of the graphene driver. The deposition method will be also interesting to know.

Mar 27, 2018 at 11:06 PM Post #126 of 1,586
Yeah. I saw the review. But I still want to know the parameters of graphene. Otherwise, it will be skeptical of the graphene driver. The deposition method will be also interesting to know.

What are the measurements going to tell you without more extensive context?

You’re probably going to want to know about thickness, general surface area, geometric shaping, damping, reflection surfaces, foam pads(material type, density, total depth) etc etc etc

Unless you’re one of the very few acoustic engineers here extreme headphone specialization in skills, I really have a difficult time believing that this isolated number will provide any meaningful context for a forum based evaluation toward if it was well engineered to reproduce sound in the particular way you might enjoy sound reproduction.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2018 at 11:10 PM Post #127 of 1,586
Just saw the innerfidelity review myself. You could tell he really liked them, the video review was like 20 minutes long. He also said they measure very well which is cool. I’m not too keen on measurements, and take the reviews with a grain of salt as well... I just like to listen to good headphones that make music fun and engaging which is exactly what these headphones do. I really love these cans. $250 well spent. I thoroughly enjoy them.

Mar 27, 2018 at 11:14 PM Post #128 of 1,586
May I ask what thickness of the graphene driver is? Since graphene is naturally 2-dimensional materials, it should have multiple layers. So the thickness will be a critical parameter.
What are the measurements going to tell you without more extensive context?

You’re probably going to want to know about thickness, general surface area, geometric shaping, damping, reflection surfaces, foam pads(material type, density, total depth) etc etc etc

Unless you’re one of the very few acoustic engineers here extreme headphone specialization in skills, I really have a difficult time believing that this isolated number will provide any meaningful context for a forum based evaluation toward if it was well engineered to reproduce sound in the particular way you might enjoy sound reproduction.

I am not an expert acoustic engineer. But I like physics. Based on the parameters of graphene, we can know how the graphene works as the driver. It is the main concept of this headphone. Please correct me if I am wrong. This is the first headphone applying graphene as a part of the driver.

Impressions are very helpful to know the sound signature. But the specs can be very helpful to know the science behind it. Understanding things from different perspectives. What is wrong with that?

Mar 27, 2018 at 11:27 PM Post #129 of 1,586
I am not an expert acoustic engineer. But I like physics. Based on the parameters of graphene, we can know how the graphene works as the driver. It is the main concept of this headphone. Please correct me if I am wrong. This is the first headphone applying graphene as a part of the driver.

Impressions are very helpful to know the sound signature. But the specs can be very helpful to know the science behind it. Understanding things from different perspectives. What is wrong with that?

Each layer of graphene is only 1 atom thick, there are multiple layers deposited on top of a mylar substrate. Exactly how many is confidential.

I do not believe we are the first.to do this, search for Ora graphene drivers .

Mar 27, 2018 at 11:27 PM Post #130 of 1,586

Ok so it sounds like you genuinely aren’t aware that Chinese companies have been selling Graphene layered drivers for some time. It provides a similar benefit to the driver as a Beryllium layer, like the new Campfire Cascade.

In theory, what you have is a very thin and very stiff reinforcement for your Mylar to increase stiffness which helps prevent against speaker breakup.

Based on the review, there’s a chance that 1more took a novel approach to the process in the layer of the application.

It’s always good to try to understand things. However having an understanding of physics and being very smart does not provide a meaningful platform for sonic inferrencd based on the requested materials geometry.

Physicists are great. Some specialize in understanding optics. Some wireless Communications. Some power and electricity. Others study particle research with CERN.

Very few acoustic eng could make a sonic inference with a small physical geometry measurement from an acoustic system. Probably none.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to learn. But the question asked will not return what you seek.

Mar 27, 2018 at 11:31 PM Post #131 of 1,586
Each layer of graphene is only 1 atom thick, there are multiple layers deposited on top of a mylar substrate. Exactly how many is confidential.

I do not believe we are the first.to do this, search for Ora graphene drivers .

While others have taken the deposit layer approach to graphene, Ora has a very different approach:

Rather than depositing layers onto a mylar driver, they have developed a way to essentially laminate the graphene via oxygen and bonding agents to result in a driver which is 95% graphene by weight. Almost pure graphene outside of bonding.

Which is indeed an industry first.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2018 at 11:56 PM Post #132 of 1,586
Ok so it sounds like you genuinely aren’t aware that Chinese companies have been selling Graphene layered drivers for some time. It provides a similar benefit to the driver as a Beryllium layer, like the new Campfire Cascade.

In theory, what you have is a very thin and very stiff reinforcement for your Mylar to increase stiffness which helps prevent against speaker breakup.

Based on the review, there’s a chance that 1more took a novel approach to the process in the layer of the application.

It’s always good to try to understand things. However having an understanding of physics and being very smart does not provide a meaningful platform for sonic inferrencd based on the requested materials geometry.

Physicists are great. Some specialize in understanding optics. Some wireless Communications. Some power and electricity. Others study particle research with CERN.

Very few acoustic eng could make a sonic inference with a small physical geometry measurement from an acoustic system. Probably none.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to learn. But the question asked will not return what you seek.

I don't understand your logic. The people who invent this driver have to know the physics behind it. I think 1more and Ora are the very first manufactures to fabricate the graphene drivers.

From my understanding, graphene driver has two advantages, light and still. However, the graphene itself is very hard to shape. So I am skeptical about the graphene. It is probably graphene oxide on a very light substrate. Like you said, 95% weight is from graphene/graphene oxide. So it should be fairly thick, >100 nm, depending on the materials and thickness of the substrate. The current mature deposition method of graphene or graphene oxide is CVD (chemical vapor deposition). To make the deposition in the driver size, it requires a fairly expensive setup. The physics between the materials and the acoustic response is about a few parameters of the driver, including the stiffness, density, uniformity, and toughness. It can relate the distortion, sensitivity, frequency response, and durability, respectively. The shape of the driver also affects the sonic presentation. Since both of these headphones use the traditional round shape, the shape is not the most important parameters here. Therefore, the context does help to understand how the graphene driver works.

If you are interested in the physics behinds the headphones, it will be a lot of fun to study it. It is not acoustic engineer exclusive. Everyone can learn it. It is not as complicated as many people think.

Mar 28, 2018 at 12:00 AM Post #133 of 1,586
My context was acoustic output from the measurements. Being able to predict the sonic property of the device from thickness without so very many other things. I am not saying it's not interesting. I'm saying it's not particularly useful without having a bit more information and the acoustics depth.

Mar 28, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #135 of 1,586
Yes, I have gotten this frequently. So the original European version - identified by the Gold / Black color was titanium. The American version, which was re-voiced has a graphene driver, and is identified by the Titanium / Black color has the graphene driver. Packaging failed to update, and is being addressed in the MP run moving forward.

Hope that helps!

Ari,
1MORE USA PR Director

Thanks Ari for clearing up. What is the best route to obtain the graphene version for an customer from the EU?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back