1MORE H1707 Triple-Driver Over Ear
Sep 12, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #91 of 1,567
Does that bass reflex driver move when its on?
Looking closely at the breakdown of the 3 drivers, i still don't understand why it points out of the open frame. Does the bass bounce back into the back of the other driver magnet where there is a hole? Or it acts as some sort of dampening for the backwaves. Looks cool , but strange.
The bass I had was good. It's the very cloudy sound in the rest of the range that was disappointing.

Oct 11, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #94 of 1,567
Well i remember one that i should mention the Technics EAH-T700
technics_t700_06.jpg

That is prob as close to a hifi dual driver. But I recall the reviews not being all that great very mixed. They look bloody awesome though.

The basshead ones with dedicated active subwoofer is just beastly when hungering for bass. So the SZ2k being the basshead KING and being dual driver is nothing to snicker against.
Bluedio and its 8 and 12 drivers, are , well consumer tuned. I rarely see bluedio talk on here lol. With pad rolling they can be "OK." But UFO does have a 50mm dedicated "woofer" and 30mm for mid bass with 4 "tweeters".
29600450035_75c8bfb9f7_c.jpg

They hooked up to entry tube amp, through decent source, can surprise for movie watching and some artificial music (Synthwave, EDM, etc).

Wonder where these 1more fit. :boy:
The top one looks like a Panasonic RP-HD10.
I wonder if they bought it off of Panasonic and added a second driver....
Its literally the same headphone in every way other than the second driver.

Jan 16, 2018 at 5:00 AM Post #105 of 1,567
So i received the H1707 yesterday evening and i managed to spend a few hours with it. I consider myself quite brave to have endured it. Here's a brief feedback ;

- Beautiful packaging, very classy, and beautiful cans, even if i have some reservations on the comments i've read on reviews : it's not all metal, there quite some parts in plastic as well. But beautiful build, seems very durable. Comfort is so-so, I have big ears and they touch the drivers, quite painful after 30 mins.

- Sound : very muddy. I wonder if i got a US version of the H1707 but treble is very rolled off, to the point where resolution / details are severely missing. Where is the ceramic driver ? is it OFF on my version ?

Bass is boomy, but this is not what bothers me, the quantity i can deal with, but the quality i can't. Bass is slow, lacks texture and resolution, it makes all kind of bass instruments sound quite the same. And it doesn't go very low.

Mediums are not too recessed and it could have gone right if they were not seriously lacking texture as well. Voices sound anti-aliased, no texture, all voices are too smooth. High mediums are better, accentuated, but with the treble so rolled off it doesn’t give enough air in the mix.

Treble doesn't go high, it's muffled, makes the whole signature too warm, cloudy, muffled.

Soundstage is quite wide, but no depth, like music is presented on a flat wide screen. There is no distance to the music presentation, you feel in the middle of it.

So I’m very disappointed. These cans make me feel claustrophobic after a few minutes, they don't provide any emotions to me and i'm not willing to sacrifice all the details, nuances and musicality. I'll return them asap.

edit : just for the record, here's the hardware i used to listen to these headphones :

DAP : Astell&Kern Kann / Fiio X7 mk2 / Aune M1S
I used the supplied cable and an hybrid balanced cable from FAW.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back