1964 Ears
Aug 30, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #4,141 of 7,417
No, I just said that it didn't work for me.  I have rather small ear canals and when I clench my jaw or move my mouth in certain ways it either becomes uncomfortable or I lose the seal in my ear and they don't sound very good.  I love my CIEMs, but not for working out.

Aug 30, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #4,142 of 7,417
So I've decided that the v6 will be my next pair of customs and that I'll have my first pair of customs that will have some kind of artwork on it. It will be some time until I can get impressions done however so might be in October when I have a few days off. I have a good idea of what I want but the color of the face place is yet to be decided but something like this is what I'm aiming for. I already have my UERM that has a black face plate so I might have this one more translucent and something that's lighter than the blue.

edit: 1964 Ears has a Labor Day weekend sale going on now which I saw on facebook so it certainly makes things tempting!

Aug 30, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #4,145 of 7,417
Quote:
Hi, can you post the details of the sale here if you don't mind? I can't get to a computer for a few more hours. I hate that they have to use Facebook to post details and keep mobile users from accessing it.

The sale is:

$599 for the V6-S ($100 off)
$575 for the V6 ($75 off)
$475 for Quad ($50 off)
$375 for the V3 (50 off)

These prices are valid until 2 Sept and you need to use the LABORDAY13 code in the promo code box of the online order form.

Aug 30, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #4,146 of 7,417
http://1964ears.com/laborday_sale.html

It's a nice discount for those who are on the fence about 1964 Ears. The discount doesn't apply to me since I'll get $75 off the v6 anyway since I'm a returning customer.

Thanks! Darn, no additional discount on the new V6-S. I was planning to order a pair of JH16 this weekend and think I still will since the V6-S pricing remains the same as it was before the JHA sale.

Aug 30, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #4,147 of 7,417
I'm having my V6-Stage built exactly like the ones in their ad. Originally I was going to go with a bluish color, but as soon as I saw that black with the cool V6-Stage logo, I knew I had to have them looking just like that. :)

Who cares if I'm a walking advertisement for 1964 ears, haha!!

Aug 31, 2013 at 3:20 AM Post #4,148 of 7,417
I just sent my impressions in the other day for my first ever set of customs, I am still deciding on custom art and such and so was not going to order anything just yet... but this sale has changed my deadline.

I haven't decided on whether to get the V3 or the V6/V6-S ( I have a felling that the quads would be too bassy for me... I mostly listen to orchestral, indie rock/pop/electro, and some metalcore), will the sound signature of the V3 be simmaler to the V6/V6-S?
Does anyone know what other significant sound differences there is between the V3 and V6/V6-S? sound stage etc?
I would email 1964EARS but now with this sale opportunity and it being unlikely that I would hear back from them till after the weekend...
Help please?

Aug 31, 2013 at 4:20 AM Post #4,149 of 7,417
Quote:
I'm having my V6-Stage built exactly like the ones in their ad. Originally I was going to go with a bluish color, but as soon as I saw that black with the cool V6-Stage logo, I knew I had to have them looking just like that. :)

Who cares if I'm a walking advertisement for 1964 ears, haha!!

lol, I was thinking along the same lines. That image in the advertisement does look sexy. I might go with smoke though.

Aug 31, 2013 at 5:05 AM Post #4,150 of 7,417
I haven't heard the V6's, but if bassy isn't your thing & stumping up the extra cash for the V6's (standard edition, not the Stage) isn't a problem, just get em (I likely would have if I'd had the money) :wink: The V3's are mid-centric & just have a plain enjoyable/'musical' sound with slightly rolled off upper mids/highs & a little bump in the mid bass. They can rumble plenty when the music requires it but I wouldn't describe them bassy at all.

Hopefully someone can give you a rundown of the V6's so you can have a bit more info :wink:

I just sent my impressions in 
the other day 
for my first ever set of customs, I am still deciding on custom art and such and so was not going to order anything just yet... but this sale has changed my deadline.

I haven't decided on whether to get the V3 or the V6/V6-S ( I have a felling that the quads would be too bassy for me... I mostly listen to orchestral, indie rock/pop/electro, and some metalcore), will the sound signature of the V3 be simmaler to the V6/V6-S?
Does anyone know what other significant sound differences there is between the V3 and V6/V6-S? sound stage etc?
I would email 1964EARS but now with this sale opportunity and it being unlikely that I would hear back from them till after the weekend...
Help please?

Sep 2, 2013 at 5:10 AM Post #4,153 of 7,417
How does the V6 compares with the JH13 ? 
size]

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:11 AM Post #4,154 of 7,417
Quote:
How does the V6 compares with the JH13 ? 
size]

I don't know how the sound compares, and probably never will.

But $700 vs $1210 (AUD) was enough to sway my decision in favor of the V-6 Stage.

Judging by the V-Stage frequency response graph (as crude as it is), it looks like a CIEM LCD-2.

Getting my impressions in the morning:)

Sep 2, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #4,155 of 7,417
I don't know how the sound compares, and probably never will.

But $700 vs $1210 (AUD) was enough to sway my decision in favor of the V-6 Stage.

Judging by the V-Stage frequency response graph (as crude as it is), it looks like a CIEM LCD-2.

Getting my impressions in the morning:)

:) mind giving some early impressions after receiving them ? Hopefully it'll arrive before the introductory price ends :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back