1964 Ears
Jul 9, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #4,007 of 7,417
Quote:
Look at you rocking the X3. I'm more interested in how well the V6 does with the X3. Thoughts?

It does very well with the X3, totally blown away =)

Jul 10, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #4,008 of 7,417
Gonna have my first customs soon , but waiting for promotions due to budget constrain 
tongue.gif
 what is the price last time out when there's a promotion ?

Jul 11, 2013 at 7:30 AM Post #4,009 of 7,417
Quote:
That's not helping my wallet you know :)   I don't know about customization as by the time I add rush (impatient) and shipping (necessary evil) and possible tax (work of the devil) it stops being a "bargain" for the price and starts becoming what you'd pay for.  I'm not doing the custom thing as it just hasn't worked out as well as I'd hoped and not going through it all again.  I just wish I'd known about these earlier and could have saved a lot of time and trouble :frowning2:

I'm pretty much settled on the v3 right now.  Quads would have too much bass for me, and the v6 sounds too analytical for my taste.  At least from what I've read. 

Any idea how long it's taken you Levanter from order to shipment incidentally?

On the subject of tips do you know which ones these take?

Cheers

PS that wood does look nice though :p

I think you don't have to worry about it being too analytical... It is analytical, and more so if you actually want to pay attention to it, but it is just as easy to get lost to the feel of the music and immerse yourself in it. It is just that good! Hope you'll reconsider the V6 since i'm pretty sure it'll be my end game IEM for now =)

Jul 11, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #4,010 of 7,417
Quote:
Gonna have my first customs soon , but waiting for promotions due to budget constrain 
tongue.gif
 what is the price last time out when there's a promotion ?

Think it was $100 off? not too sure, but promotions are quite rare for them... Maybe when/if they release a V8 they might have an early order promo on that unit, but i'm pretty sure it'll be more exp than the V6 =)

Jul 11, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #4,011 of 7,417
Anyone with the V3's thinking of getting a 3rd party cable, definitely do it. Night & day compared to using the stock cable, which I kinda expected to an extent, but probably didn't expect the difference (better imaging/definition/clarity) to be as noticeable as it is.

Jul 11, 2013 at 9:11 AM Post #4,012 of 7,417
Quote:

I think you don't have to worry about it being too analytical... It is analytical, and more so if you actually want to pay attention to it, but it is just as easy to get lost to the feel of the music and immerse yourself in it. It is just that good! Hope you'll reconsider the V6 since i'm pretty sure it'll be my end game IEM for now =)

I agree 100% with Levanter, no one should be worried about the V6 being 'too analytical', unless by analytical you mean precise, balanced, and awesome sounding!  I'm quite sure that the V6 is my endgame.  They are by far the best audio 'gadget' I've ever purchased.

Jul 11, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #4,013 of 7,417
Quote:
Anyone with the V3's thinking of getting a 3rd party cable, definitely do it. Night & day compared to using the stock cable, which I kinda expected to an extent, but probably didn't expect the difference (better imaging/definition/clarity) to be as noticeable as it is.

Mistah,

That is good to know because I was just going to place an order this morning for a Starlight cable from BTG-Audio.  Brian has been really cool answering all of my questions and you just can't beat the price.

Oh and regarding the Memorial Day sale they had, it was $100 off of the V6s and then declining amounts for the lower end models.  With the $100 I saved on my V6s, I'm buying my new cable.

Jul 11, 2013 at 9:30 AM Post #4,014 of 7,417
Quote:

Night and day from a cable
rolleyes.gif
.  So the electrons flow more smoothly causing more clarity?  It sounds like it defies physics.

Jul 11, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #4,016 of 7,417
So I am a ******** if I don't drink the cable Koolaid? Most on this site will agree that cable differences are minute if they exist at all.  There's a reason we can't talk about double blind tests here.
wink_face.gif

Jul 11, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #4,018 of 7,417
Quote:
Joe,

Most of the stuff I have on my iPod is just 320kbps AAC or ALAC (though mostly AAC).  I have my higher level stuff on my computer since the iPod can't play my 24bit 96kHz+ stuff from HDtracks.  To tell you the truth (and I know this is blasphemy), while I can tell the difference on my rig at home between the two, when I'm out and about I really can't tell the difference enough to worry about it.

These V6s were my 1st CIEMs and I couldn't be happier with them.  Yeah I know there are better sets from the likes of JH Audio and such but for the price I paid for them (I got them on the Memorial Day sale), I think they are awesome.  Make sure you get a good impression at the audiologist and be sure to use a one inch bite block (don't worry, it's in the instructions to the audiologist).

Joining in on the blasphemy, some of my most clean tracks on my home setup are 256AAC's from itunes (Rodrigo y Gabriela).  Mostly what I've found with the HDTracks music is the mastering is better.  I can tell the difference in my car (12 speaker Lexus) between Billy Joel from the greatest hits CD ripped as 320Mp3 and Billy Joel from HDTracks, converted to 320MP3.  I have Piano Man from both sources and there is an audible difference, and it's not the bitrate.

On to my 1964ears question, I'm looking to replace my TF10's with a portable setup that is similar to my HD650's on a Schiit stack.  Which model should I really go for?  I keep leaning to the V6 both from the reviews and if I'm going to go to a CIEM, I only want to do it once.  I'm not tied so much to the specific sound of the Sennheisers as to having something that has enough "wow this sounds good" over the TF10's.  I'd hate to spend $700 and only have the CIEM's solve my frustrations with getting the TF-10's to stay in my ears while in motion.

Thanks...

Jul 11, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #4,019 of 7,417
Well, I happen to have the HD650s on a Schiit stack as well and I purchased the V6s for myself.  I wouldn't really want to compare the two since they are so different in how they deliver the sound to your ears but I can say that I am definitely happy with it.  The V6 does about everything right and there isn't really anything I feel like I am missing when listening to them vs. my HD650s.  They are a bit brighter and bass light straight out of my iPod classic, but when they are plugged into my Fiio E7K, I get a nice kick to the bass (I can actually feel them vibrating in my ears) and everything is as sharp as a tack.  I love these things.

Jul 11, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #4,020 of 7,417
Quote:
Well, I happen to have the HD650s on a Schiit stack as well and I purchased the V6s for myself.  I wouldn't really want to compare the two since they are so different in how they deliver the sound to your ears but I can say that I am definitely happy with it.  The V6 does about everything right and there isn't really anything I feel like I am missing when listening to them vs. my HD650s.  They are a bit brighter and bass light straight out of my iPod classic, but when they are plugged into my Fiio E7K, I get a nice kick to the bass (I can actually feel them vibrating in my ears) and everything is as sharp as a tack.  I love these things.

After weeks of reading trying to get an idea of what I wanted to know, all I had to do was ask...  Funny...

I've got an E17 showing up at my door tonight, both to see if I can get more movable (not portable, just different places in the house) use out of my HD650's and in prep for a good CIEM.  I'm very curious to see how different the E17 sounds vs the Bifrost/Valahalla combo on the HD650.  If it sounds good enough I'll be able to sell my Bifrost/Valhalla and get the V6 instead of the V3.  All these internal financial justifications for the fun toys....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back