1964 Ears
Feb 16, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #3,712 of 7,417
Quote:
I am a little confused about which company to go with and which product to order.  I play on a worship team at church with some great players and sit in from time to time with a band in clubs. I was so pumped about 1964 ears and the V-6, I know people who have 1964 IEM'S and have heard and read great things about the customer service. So, I was sold on the V-6, until I emailed 1964 twice and called them several times.  The 1964 customer service rep had very short answers to my questions. Since, I am a guitar player, I ask about the setup of the V-6, such as, are there Low Mid, High Mid drivers in the product ....and so on and so on.  Totally disappointed in the non-helpful responses to all my questions. Same way with the emails, I received very short generic answers to my questions from 1964 Ears.  So, I called Alien Ears and the guy was very helpful.  We talked about the G-10, which has a bass driver, Low Mid Driver, Mid Driver, High Driver and a tweeter.  He was so helpful, that I am totally confused now about which company to go with. 

So here is my question.  I am confused about all the great customer service reviews, Im reading about 1964 because I did not experience that?  I am also confused as to which is a better IEM, the 1964 V-6 or the Alien Ear G-10. To be honest I don't know a lot about IEM's or either one of these companies, other than what I have experience so far with customer service from both companies?  I would really appreciate any help and advice anyone can give me?  Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing everyones response.  

I have had nothing but stellar customer service experience with 1964 Ears. I have never done business with Alien Ears but I've read some negative reviews here somewhere. Sometimes 1964 Ears get extremely busy and instead of beating around the bush, they give exact and short answers to questions. Anyway, I don't think you'll be sorry at all if you go the 1964 direction. just my two cents. 

Feb 16, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #3,713 of 7,417
When I placed my rush order which was the time when they had just released the V6, the turnaround time was precisely one week. But they had my impressions at their labs already from my previous Quads. 

Feb 17, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #3,714 of 7,417
do CIEM get very dirty from ear wax? anyone any experience with dirty ears?
i own a pair of tdk ba200 and the comply foam tips get dirty al the time.

Feb 17, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #3,715 of 7,417
Quote:
do CIEM get very dirty from ear wax? anyone any experience with dirty ears?
i own a pair of tdk ba200 and the comply foam tips get dirty al the time.

Yes CIEM's will get ear wax, gotta clean them on a regular basis depending on how much you wear them. I just cleaned mine yesterday.

Feb 17, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #3,716 of 7,417
with what do you clean your CIEM?
wet cloath? soap?

Feb 17, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #3,717 of 7,417
Quote:
wet cloath? soap?

They have cleaning tools that come with them most of the time. They usually are a plastic piece with a hook tip to scrape out ear wax from the bores etc. You can use a damp cloth on the outside if you want, just dont get water in them. Even a dry cloth can clean the outside.

Feb 17, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #3,718 of 7,417
wet cloath? soap?

How I clean my CIEM's?

1. Remove the cable
2. Wet a part of a microfiber cloth (not the smooth ones but the bumpy ones that look like little villi of the small intestine; will post pictures of the actual cloth later as I am using my phone to reply now). Do not wet the whole cloth but just a section as step 3 would require also a dry part of the cloth.
3. Clean the body, faceplate, and tips with the wet side of the microfiber. Use the dry part of the cloth to polish and wipe water away.
4. Open a packet of alcohol swabs and wipe the whole earpiece and then leave to dry (which happens almost immediately because the alcohol evaporates fast. )

Leave it for about 2 mins and install the cables again and wear it or store it or whatever.

Ps. Do not ask me how much the alcohol swabs cost as I get them free from the hospital. But you guys can get them from any pharmacy that sells medical supplies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back