1964 Ears
Aug 6, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #3,316 of 7,417
Quote:
Hey Ringing ears, you too? On the customs for a re-shell or their 2,3 or 4 driver CIEM's you should have a look at least at Kozee Sound Solutions. They are pretty economical and I think put out a great product. If you are having customs from your own universal fits re-shelled they provide the ear impression kit and you do it yourself, personally it's pretty easy and there are you tube videos to show how it's done. The re-shells I did ran $140 for my UE Triple-fi 10's but the wait will be 3 to 4 months but everyone is more expensive and the wait is still that long. Don't send your metal box or the cables you want to keep though because they will give you a silver braided cable (a good one) but will not return your items.

No. I decided to keep my UM2s so I am getting the 1964-D. It seems my impressions are sitting at the Portland PO waiting for someone at 1964 to pick them up. It's a no wonder why the USPS is sinking. Their service is lacking to say the least.
rolleyes.gif

I'll call 1964 tomorrow if their still sitting there.

Aug 13, 2012 at 6:41 AM Post #3,317 of 7,417
Received them this friday and have used them 4-5 hours during the weekend. So far it seems that no refits are needed. Apparently they've updated the tuning of the drivers, revealed by the "i" after the model designation. So instead of remolding the set I sent over, they've simply built me a brand new set!

Trans White with soft tips:

Aug 13, 2012 at 6:50 AM Post #3,318 of 7,417
Quote:

Can you keep us posted on how much custom charged? (if they do). What part of europe are you from?

1964 will declare the amount you pay them as the value of the package. The rest is up to the postal service/courier and the rules for your country. The danish postal service inspected the contents of my package and decided that it was a "Hearing Aid"...

Aug 13, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #3,328 of 7,417
Quote:
It will be a while, since I just barely got my order in for the V3. Once they make it and ship it, I'll need time to listen. So could be weeks or months. Sorry!

We're in the same boat.
I got my order in last week, but was told my impressions needed to to be redone. I got them redone and sent off Fri and it looks like they arrived at 1964 today. I'm wringing my hands to death awaiting the email.

Aug 14, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #3,330 of 7,417
^^Nice. I received an email a while ago to let me know my new impressions look good. So now the 4-6 week wait begins. Looks like mid Sept. early Oct.
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back